Would this work?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this work?!?!

Hay folks !! First I have to say that most ALL of yall are way smarter than I am. I read what yall write and most of it goes WWWAAAYYYY over my head.
    Anyway, I am trying to build a PI Metal Detector. I understand enough to know that it sends out pulses (TX) and then receives (RX) pulses back. For now that is the entent of my knowledge. But, I saw something on the net that makes me wonder if this would cut out half the work. It is a BK Precision Pulse Generator. Now I dont know if it would be able to do what we want it to, but can yall check this out and let me know.
    Thank folks.... Kerry

More info Needed.

Do you have a Link?

Comment

Data Sheet

Hey Homefire here is a link to a newer model. But, they also have some 50MHz models too.

http://www.bkprecision.com/downloads..._datasheet.pdf

Comment

Off the top of my head I can think of 10 ways to put out a pulse that would be lighter and smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglewings35 View Post
          Hay folks !! First I have to say that most ALL of yall are way smarter than I am. I read what yall write and most of it goes WWWAAAYYYY over my head.
          Anyway, I am trying to build a PI Metal Detector. I understand enough to know that it sends out pulses (TX) and then receives (RX) pulses back. For now that is the entent of my knowledge. But, I saw something on the net that makes me wonder if this would cut out half the work. It is a BK Precision Pulse Generator. Now I dont know if it would be able to do what we want it to, but can yall check this out and let me know.
          Thank folks.... Kerry
          Do not worry. I cannot understand most of the stuff either.
          Study, read, ask for advises, and you will learn. Metal detectors are not rocket science. Electronics is simple logic actually.
          You do not need any "special" knowledge to build a circuit either. Just solder everything in the right place.

But you will probably need to learn about oscilloscopes.

Comment

Working...
          X