No announcement yet.

Tesoro Lobo news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOMIX do you have disc???????????????

i think you can adjust for all-metal but how is the disk?
    if you see other tesoro models on SIM the disk goes from 90 to 180 deg ref to RX signal

i have simulated disk of both lobo schematics with or without added resistors the disk goes
    from -120~-100 to -20 ~ 0 deg ref to RX sig no rx cap added and no changes on pre amp
    i think the GEB is fine

try R10 180k , switch 5th and 6th pin entries on LM393 ,with this changes you can get disk
    from 30 to 180 deg ref to Rx signal ,no RX cap added and no changes on pre amp
    Last edited by perdica 2; 04-13-2012, 12:13 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

• picture of sim based on posted schematic
      http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/12/55/85/88/slide110.jpg

Comment

• PHASE METER

Vur prédica2,

I tried to check the phase of -12 but my scope has only one entry. I think the best would be to a phase meter to control ^. I found several schema.

My knowledge of analog electronics are limited, but I try to understand. I see that you work on a simulator and thank you for your help.

The results are good. -I change the capacity for a 25nF TX and I can turn the gain up.

Another important finding was correct discrimination has always 24Nf with 470K on R10. The discriminated of ferrous as well as in an area of ​​1.5 cm was located 35 cm from the coil. This area was moving according régalge GB

Since I switched to 25nF, the area disappeared.
        Ferrous metals are correctly discriminated and never rings. The legacy currencies in oxidized steel rings again showing that discrimination works well. 200K on R49, 51K between R11 and pin 7 of U4B. Iron is discriminated with the potentiometer is 30%

I also think that the GB is correct. We must find the right setting of the potentiometer on the PCB.

Can you Comfirmed your last message:

In your simulator, you advise on R10 to 180K and connect pin 5 and 6 U5B together and to ground? No capacitor on RX?

With that, I'd discrimination in a phase shift of 30 ° to 180 ° with Rx as a reference signal? is that correct?

What you call "amp" ? it's pre-amplifier consists of all OP amplifier located before the BF245?

Comment

• Originally posted by zoomix View Post
          Vur prédica2,

I tried to check the phase of -12 but my scope has only one entry. I think the best would be to a phase meter to control ^. I found several schema.

My knowledge of analog electronics are limited, but I try to understand. I see that you work on a simulator and thank you for your help.

The results are good. -I change the capacity for a 25nF TX and I can turn the gain up.

Another important finding was correct discrimination has always 24Nf with 470K on R10. The discriminated of ferrous as well as in an area of ​​1.5 cm was located 35 cm from the coil. This area was moving according régalge GB

try R10 180k and more ,no RX cap added and no changes on pre amp

try R10 180k and more ,no RX cap added and no changes on pre amp

Ferrous metals are correctly discriminated and never rings. The legacy currencies in oxidized steel rings again showing that discrimination works well. 200K on R49, 51K between R11 and pin 7 of U4B. Iron is discriminated with the potentiometer is 30%

I also think that the GB is correct. We must find the right setting of the potentiometer on the PCB.

Can you Comfirmed your last message:

In your simulator, you advise on R10 to 180K and connect pin 5 and 6 U5B together and to ground? No capacitor on RX?

With that, I'd discrimination in a phase shift of 30 ° to 180 ° with Rx as a reference signal? is that correct?

What you call "amp" ? it's pre-amplifier consists of all OP amplifier located before the BF245?
          1.about U5B ,SORRY i was basing on a previos posteted schematic where pin5 was grounded,
          the FOMA and W.LAHR have right conections with pin6 grounded, sorry!!
          -with R10 100k on sim. when you tourning disk.pot. a some kind of jumping was apearing on phase , but with biger value of R10 (150k and more ) has a good shift of 30-180deg
          2.if you see on my picture the GEB channel is is on 0 DEG reference to RX signal measured at the output of the pre-amp (pin 1 of U7A) ,and if you see when it rise,it make slite curve whitch narrow the the accept region from -80 to +90 (narrows 180 to 170 deg),thats becouse to reject ferrite and ferromagnetics materials
          - the center of accept region is 0-DEG
          - with 30 to 180 on disc channel i refer to that ,the center of disc channel goes from 30 to 180 ref to RX signal measured at pin 1 of U7A
          3.the pre-amp i call ,everything from input ay C4 to output at (pin 1 of U7A),
          -yes ref signal is measured at the input of bf245(tis75)
          -RX CAP i refer to parallel cap with coil
          -try to get good sine on tx ,without good sine it makes huge changes at at GEB and DISK
          -W.LAHR schematic it looks best with one mistake R14 from 1k ->10k (R10 sel.)
          Last edited by perdica 2; 04-15-2012, 08:48 AM. Reason: zaborajv

Comment

• try R10 180k and more ,no RX cap added and no changes on pre amp

Comment

• My LuBa is working

Hello all

My first try was not so bad, I will you give all informations concerning this.

I us one NEL DD Coil Sharpshooter 5.5” x 9.5”

Values:

TX: 3.2 Ohms 0.92mH

RX: 71.1 Ohms 15.52mH

Please find the PCB values and also connections switches and pots.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Very beautiful pictures. A lot of work. Can all this (together with the "LAY") file placed in one file ("RAR")? Would have been fully completed project. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by smity View Post
                  Very beautiful pictures. A lot of work. Can all this (together with the "LAY") file placed in one file ("RAR")? Would have been fully completed project. Thank you.
                  Hello my fried, I do it, good luck.
                  All the best
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Hi all

I put the coils in a carrier fiberglass cast that I have.

For now, I have not yet filled with resin polyrethane

With the disc still, I always have very good result but when I swing on the coinage, it does not ring.

For proper operation, I increase the value of GB resistance but I lost 5 to 8 centimeters.

Prédica2, I did the tests you suggested but there is no obvious improvement. Discrimination is OK with R10> 180 but with cap on RX for my 2N7

Best regards...

Comment

• Hello all

Some pictures of my work.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Legaucho, you made quite a nice detector there.
                        Could you do little test with a gold nugget and post results here ?
                        Thanks in advance.
                        Regards Marko.

Comment

• to ZOOMIX

MAKE A NEW COIL !!!

Fo 20Kh

TX 1.3mh 10 ohm c47n (7.6 Vp-p)
                          RX 6.7mh 30ohm (no rx cap, there series resonance cap 22n in sch.)
                          NO changes on preamp

your coil produce too mach phase shift

Comment

• ZOOMIX
                            If you want to put paralelel capacitor, it shall be 15n or 22n because the 15n with 22n(C4) makes serial 9n
                            and 9n with 6.3mh RX coil resonance Fo it will be 21Kh

with 22n paralel with 6.3mh resonance Fo it will be 19Kh

in sim at this way ,it has same efect as without paralel RX cap

-your RX coil as understood is 28mh and at 20Kh runing MD , with aded 2.7n it makes serial 2.4n ,resonance Fo 19.4Kh
                            and removing RX paralel capacitor it makes huge changes

Comment

• Originally posted by amtech2005 View Post
                              Here is the latest rev. 2.0 Lobo PCB and rev. 2.0 Lobo Component overlay :

Best Regards..............Eugene
                              Hi Eugene and everyone
                              Can you put on here the latest circuit diagram that goes with the lay file please, love to have a peep at it being a Tesoro fan.

Many thanks in advance to all conserned here

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
                                Hi Eugene and everyone
                                Can you put on here the latest circuit diagram that goes with the lay file please, love to have a peep at it being a Tesoro fan.

Many thanks in advance to all conserned here

Regards
                                Hello Satdaveuk . I will look for the schematic tonight . I still need to get a drill press so I can finish my Lobo circuit boards I made one month ago . Not much spare time either , so it is not procrastination !!

Best Regards.................Eugene

Comment

Working...
                                X