No announcement yet.

FGM 3 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iron 150gr fgm 3 two meters and twenty - iron 150gr -flc 100 fifty centimeters

Comment

flc100 sensor germani Stefan Mayer Instruments !!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Orbit View Post
        iron 150gr fgm 3 two meters and twenty - iron 150gr -flc 100 fifty centimeters
        Who is the frequency shift of FGM-3 when it detect the 150gr irom from 2.2m???

Comment

Regards Geo ! I changed the frequency 17hz!

Comment

iron 150 g 3d appearance
            Attached Files

Comment

Congratulation Orbit.
              But i am afraid that at field you will not be able to detect an object with only 17Hz change at frequency. When you are moving there are big changes from the magnetic field.
              Anyway, you constructed something very good.

Comment

That it is possible you're right ! I'll see what day of the test site in the country ! greeting!

Comment

target of 1 /2 meters and 40 centimeters ,,target of 2 /5 meters and 30 centimeters in the tunnel target of 2 ..50 cm by 50 cm !! geoskan !!! SUPER SENSORS !!! flc !!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

target of 1 first row of the 1 first step ! target 2 ..8 eighth row the 7 seventh step

Comment

unit
                      Attached Files

Comment

unit
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Orbit:

What kind of software do you use to plot your pictures ???

Comment

Fgm3 coil description

Hi,
                            Should it be possible to have a more precise description of the coil winding ?
                            Are the two coils wound one they on the other? what is the meaning of the winding? Is the number of turn 2000 ?

Thank you for your answers

Comment

Orbit's FGM & some questions.

Orbit,
                              Congratulations ! I am impressed by the professional look of your instrument and the 3D graphics of the results.

I'm just beginning to design my fluxgate, and I have many questions for everybody. I think that plotting the object in 3D is the way to go if you are prospecting or searching for something. Trained geophysicists can do this with their ppm instruments; very sensitive, yes, but scalar measurements only. Did your algorithm solve the mathematical inverse problem of determining the perturbing system- the target - given the input (earth's field) and outputs (magnetic field measurements)? Or did you assume something, such as the measurement vectors pointing directly to the target? As you know, the target has it's own magnetic dipole induced by the earth field, and in opposition. Since the target field presents a dipolar field, it will almost never point directly towards a detector on the surface, unless the 2 are separated by a very long distance (like the earth's field), in which case it's very weak. On opposite sides of the target, its field either strengthens or weakens the ambient field. Thus, multiple measurements must be made around the surface above the target.

Some questions about the instrument: Did you use the ICs provided by Speake for the instrument? Fluxgates that I have read about superimpose a frequency at twice the input frequency. That frequency doesn't vary. Its RMS magnitude does, and this is measured, converted to decimal by an ADC, and then computer processed (in an open loop detector. See my other links for papers that describe other approaches, especially closed loop designs.) From what I've read about the FGM3, it's the frequency that depends on field strength, so there must be some processing of the f & 2f output of the fluxgate itself. It seems as though the Speake ICs digitize the 2f frequency and send that word to a controlling CPU. But that raises the important issue of ADC resolution. From the schematics, it looks as though only 8 bits are output from the detector circuits. That would mean the frequencies and the field strengths they represent are quantized into only 256 levels! If you are building a serious tool for the uses we have, not a physics demonstration, this is inadequate. Bartington also makes fluxgate probes and instrumentation, and they strongly recommend that users of its probes digitize with 24-bit ADCs. That's a resolution of 1/16 ppm! I don't know if the FGM3 can output such small signals with reasonable SNR and absence of jitter (which will appear as deviations in frequency). But it shows what some fluxgate designs are capable of. Enough questions for now. Good luck in your venture. I'll send my own comments with some ideas I found in the literature and product descriptions.

Comment

amorphous metal cores from old switching supplies?

The various manufacturers of toroids made of metglas, vitroglas, nanocrystalline metals, and ferrites present plans for using their products in switching power supplies. If power supply manufacturers have been following these suggestions, there ought to be toroids and other shaped cores made from these materials in computer power supplies, no? Has anyone torn apart dead units and retrieved cores from them to experiment with?
                                Related - given a core of unknown composition, can you find out what it is? The basis of most designs is the B-H curve. How would you measure the B-H curve of a material?

Comment

Working...
                                X