No announcement yet.

Blisstool detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi WM6, was referring the circuit to the GC1023 or MD1023.The model just before the one you have posted.

Had a good read on the user manual for latest Blisstool. Half those knobs make no sense. Really not needed.

The above detector you have presented you could do the same....example, take ground balance trimpot on circuit board and add a 3 position switch, then a course Pot setting, then also add a fine Pot setting.......These added switches and pots are over the top and unnecessary.

Sido HH

Comment

I am not familliar much with MD1023/GC1023. Had one, i think, but didn't trace it out to analyze schematic. You could be right or you could be wrong.
      But you are right when it comes to coil.
      Well balanced coil, larger diammeter, over 25cm, can provide excellent performances on some soil types and on some targets.
      Therefore; there is a place for Blisstool too. It can be right choice for some soils and some targets.
      It is possible that i adopted sort of prejudice upon late DIY projects, therefore do not take me as objective, rather subjective; but i think everything is turning around Wave latelly. To be more correct: Magnum!
      There are only two basic designs which are actual in last couple years, especially among Bulgarian colleagues: Magnum and Sascho's VLF I/B.
      Both are frequently modified, upgraded, improved and made as dozen "different" models.
      I bet Sascho is laughung much now!
      It's not important what it looks like, only relevant is it's behavior. Watching numerous Youtube clips and presentantions; i can recognize either Magnum either Sascho's project.
      That's quite enough for me.
      Wave (Magnum) is most "chewed" project i ever seen so far. Almost 30 different names, designs and modifications!
      Why? Simply because it looks most promising to DIY'ers. It can go deep. It can overcome masking problem easy. Only lack (major one) is DISC/GEB circuitry.

Comment

Anyone then.....Please can you explain the 3 different positions of the ground balance switch.....Obviously you could get away with a course and Fine tuning adjustment to cover all individual settings in the field...

Will not go into the Discriminator switch as it speaks for itself.

I guess its peoples choice in what they want to use, seems that the more adjustable dials/knobs on any detector is a great selling point.

Sido

Comment

Originally posted by sido View Post

I guess its peoples choice in what they want to use, seems that the more adjustable dials/knobs on any detector is a great selling point.
          I am not sure, probably most consumer prefer simplicity, and not Space Shuttle control panel on his detector. 10 buttons plus 3x3 position switch can be way too much for most treasure hunters. But if it is stable, capable to go very deep and can discriminate well, who is care of those pop-art buttons.

Comment

Hello,
            To quote you funfinder.
            "It's absolutly irresponsible of ivconic to give such answers
            to a truth-seeking person already in the very first beginning!
            extreme depth has it's price, may it be weight or instability
            or eletromagnetic noise or whatever! Take it or leave it! "

I am a true seeking personn with 25 years of metal detecting experience and it happen that I know one of the promotor of this machine in the USA.Met him 3 years ago when he did not know how to move a detector in the water.This is why I came to geothech to have the advise of a group of technicians that know the technologies of detectors.
            You have also answered my question in your last sentence.
            " extreme depth has it's price, may it be weight or instability
            or eletromagnetic noise or whatever! Take it or leave it! "
            For me it will be the equivallent of listening to classical music in the middle of a battlefield

Comment

Originally posted by ivconic View Post
              "...you can't get the 1266x completly quiet .."
              You can if you adjust Sense a bit lower than maximum.
              Disc1 at 4, Disc2 at 6, Sense at 80%.
              1266 is calm than, very calm.
              But if you adjust any Disc lower than 3, than it may even accept mineralization, hotrocks etc...
              Also it is not immune on HV. Can't be quiet in HV line vicinity, railroad vicinity ... etc..
              1266 is also not known as extreme deep detector. Therefore you can't compare it with those which are known as deep.
              I bet Blisstool is much deeper than 1266, that's we can agree on, no problem.
              >
              > You can if you adjust Sense a bit lower than maximum.
              > Disc1 at 4, Disc2 at 6, Sense at 80%.
              >

Not really, perhaps your unit has different pre-adjustments on the board.

And why I should disc everything below 4 just for having it silent,
              losing alot depth? Perhaps at really trashy areas but not if you wanna
              get the max. out of this machine.

I prefer to set Disc1 at 0 and Disc2 at 5 so I have a rough overview
              plus max. depth.

With Sense at 80% the 1266-X is not quiet, if no voltage lines
              nearby perhaps at 0-20%. And if the ground is just low mineralized.
              This machine chatters like hell if the coil is near a wall of bricks.

And alot persons are confirming that it is very "talkative",
              especially if the coil remains steady while digging.

At the early 90s it was one of the most deep detectors in it's
              category (8-10''coils) for coins, relics and such stuff.

Who's interested in the Blisstool should look for 1265 or 1266-X
              reviews and user reports - the "signalizing-behaviour" is almost the same.

Originally posted by ivconic View Post

"...It's absolutly irresponsible of ivconic to give such answers
              to a truth-seeking person already in the very first beginning!..."

Would be irresponsible if i lied something, anything. I hope i didn't!
              All i said here is truth about Deus and can be checked by anyone.
              Deus can detect tiny golden chain. On Bliss demonstration video it is showed it can't!?
              How come? Than i took my Deus and tested it. It can detect golden chain, easy just like that.
              So what's irresponsible here in my words?
              Yeah fine, but you made the Blisstool somehow ridiculous and
              looking cheap compared to those listed other detectors and it
              isn't. If a person can handle the analog setup and likes the
              full entertainment of heavy amplified EM-signals with their
              different meanings he can save alot of money.

Of course the learning curve is somewhat steeper than with
              a switch on and go MD like the Garrett Ace 250.

Personally I don't have the XP Deus but it's also my opinion
              that they shouldn't create misleading comparision-videos
              with "wrong" settings if the Deus really also can find small
              gold-chains. But those settings should be easy available
              and not hidden deep inside of some computer-menus.

Setting the XP Deus into all-metal mode should clearly lead
              to finding lightweight gold-chains on usual terrain and at the
              salt-water beaches.

I have to experiment a bit with the analog ground balance of
              my Blisstool but I guess you even could detect light mineralized
              meteorites within light mineralized soil if the difference is good
              enough. Other MDs can't, those are blocking or detecting every-
              thin already as eliminatable ground below small rusty iron.

With the Blisstool you can set clearly the "contrast-factor" in
              detection that high that weak gold-chains create a strong signal
              and not an already almost completly swallowed one.

But what I personally hate is the Blisstools motion-only mode.
              Because on heavy mineralized soil (tested by a 4''/10cm layer of
              bricks) it won't penetrate or detects the difference. The same
              problem has the Fisher 1266X and it's similar models.

The nonmotion Jeohunter is much better, even the discrimination
              works without any motion and it penetrates even 16''/40cm of
              mineralized bricks like "hot butter".

This automatic ground eliminting balance by motion fails
              really miserable at high mineralized grounds, wipes away
              important signals. But at least those analog Fishers and
              Blisstools make the whole range of detectable stuff audible,
              perfect for meteorite hunting or other "special stuff" most
              other MDs would discriminate by default.

Nowadays for many people it's also a question of
              comfort and how "easy to use" something is. That was
              already the same with computer language BASIC compared
              with machine code. Advantages but not that easy to handle.

However, the Blisstool is absolutly not complicated to use.
              After some settings adjust its a switch on and go machine
              for not much money and even for beginners, and with the
              new 15'' / 38cm coils also for real deep treasure seekers!

Comment

Ok, some of your comments are make sense and i can not disagree.
                I will answer only on those which need more clarification.
                Fisher 1265 and Fisher 1266 are having quite different philosophy than majority of other conventional detectors.
                You simply should not lower Disc under 3, because it will chatter and react on every possible mineral, hot rock, black sand and ferrite particle in soil.
                1266 is not having situation divided in All Metal / Disc.
                Disc potentiometar scale implies whole signal (phase). So lowering it under 3 you are already in All Metal mode. At 3 and higher you are in Disc mode. At 3 it will barely reject iron, if not at all. Small rusty junk it will reject for sure. At 4 it is starting to reject "better" iron pieces.
                Small gold and silver plates, coins etc.. are accepted even with Disc adjusted at 4, so don't worry.
                But at 3 and under 3, 1266 will sing like Pavarotti, no doubts in that.
                That's the main difference between 1265/66 and majority of other conventional models.
                So "stabillity" is not always related to detector quality, at 1266 is often related to Disc position and Acc/Rej situation at it.
                It is not instabile in case it detects small minerals and hotrocks, simply because it's circuitry is designed to work like that.
                Deus. No, you are not understand Deus too. When i said (and showed on video) that Deus easy detects small and tiny golden chain - trust me it is, and it was not in no All Metal mode. It was in GMP with Disc at 6.8 (rejects all small rusty junk and produce low pitched tone on "good" Iron).
                So i was not cheater, i did not adjust Deus to accept everything.
                Believe me or not, your choice.
                Of course; you can always find some Deus and check my words.

"...you made the Blisstool somehow ridiculous and looking cheap..."

Yes i did that. Simply because it is TRUTH.
                Blisstool is ridiculuosly overpriced, simple DIY project and very very CHEAP.
                To be honest,from my experience, Blisstool should not overcome 200e price. Ok, let's give it 250e. Not a cent more.

And last thing, what really made me laugh much; is ambition to compare such cheap hand made with models
                like Deus, Spectra, Explorer and E-Trac!

You can't be serious??!

Comparing Blisttool, SMW, Wave, IGSL, TGSL... any of those , with something like Deus, Spectra, E-Trac, Explorer....
                is the same as comparing old eastgerman Trabant with latest Lamborghini!
                C'mon, get real! Get serious!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

the deus cant find 9crt chain ,i have no reason to diss my own machine but thats the facts .
                    but other machines cant either .
                    but the bliss V3 appears to

Comment

Originally posted by target View Post
                      the deus cant find 9crt chain ,i have no reason to diss my own machine but thats the facts .
                      For illiterate blisstoll blind believers and intentional liars:

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=22

Comment

Originally posted by target View Post

Dude, reading your lies, i am sure you have never ever passed near Deus!
                        You saw Deus only on photo... somewhere... somewhen!
                        Buy Blisstool and be happy with it.
                        It's ok!

Comment

Originally posted by WM6 View Post
                          For illiterate blisstoll blind believers and intentional liars:

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=22
                          Yes; illiterate and intentional liars. And very stupid too.
                          Lazy too! Lazy to watch my video and video you repeated here...

Comment

Ah yes! One more thing; Deus is also "not good" as beach detector, as may be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6TAcXIW6Yk

Comment

Working...
                            X