• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, my friend Sorry I am Arabic translation of Google

Transistor see in the picture

bc337 -16?

or 337 Only

I have to problem in coil

awg Copper what is 0.30 Do you mean 0.3mm?

Thanks for the answer
    Attached Files

Comment

• Hi,

Yes, details can get lost in translation. Sorry. According to the link below, the transistor is a BC337. This is what I used.

You can find the complete parts list here:
      http://www.teknolojiekibi.com/yeni/i...p?topic=1211.0

Wire size is .3mm for building coils

It does work if made correctly. I built 2 of them. You must read all the posts as there were errors in the earlier schematic.

Comment

• Tarsus VLF metal detector project files ....

http://hotfile.com/dl/111507797/5dff37d/Tarsus.rar.html

Comment

• I have just spent an hour or so reading through the Tarsos project, Quite impressive, many thanks to the designers and builders in Turkey.
          I would like to get in contact with anyone else who has since built this machine, impressions, sensitivity, positive & negative comments etc..
          Nobody has posted since 2008, which is a long, long time.....
          Best wishes and thanks in advance from
          Andy

Comment

• Tarsus 12v

Hi check this detector can work well with a 12v Battery of acid

Comment

• Where is the emekliamca?

emekliamca we are waiting your new projects.

Comment

• hello,
                I finished to build my tarsos detector. But! ...
                I have no sound, more exactly I ve just a short "tac" sound very brief when I approach an object. The membrane of the speaker move just one time no vibration. I haven t a "BEEP". I ve the impression the detector itself works. I ve really no idea. I did the modification of kt315 nothing changed. I changed the 5 and 6 pins of LM324.
                I changed the TL072 and LM324 ICs the BC516 and BC517 for others, but exactly the same. No BEEP just a "TAC"

I hope I was clear. I ve no oscillo

Are there some typical tensions to measure to check if the detector works correctly (the alimentations od ICs are corrects)

help!!

Comment

• In the air work. How it works in search of metal in the ground? I think "Q factor of the coil is very high.

Comment

• Thank at all the community of this forum and at Tarsos for the schema.

My metal detector finally works, I had a wrong value for a resistance, 270ohms instead of 27kohms!

I can say that the modification of kt315 doesn t work, I tried it.
                    And for the future people who want to make this detector the PCB gives in the Tarsus.rar file that we can find in this forum is 100%correct. not necessary to do modification. I say that because I had difficulties to understand which schema was correct ! (about the pins 5 and 6 of lm327)

A little tip, I used for the cable a USB cable and I keep the USB connector instead of use the DB9 connector.

Now I ll try to fix correctly the coils, not easy works.

thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by ledoc View Post
                      Thank at all the community of this forum and at Tarsos for the schema.

My metal detector finally works, I had a wrong value for a resistance, 270ohms instead of 27kohms!

I can say that the modification of kt315 doesn t work, I tried it.
                      And for the future people who want to make this detector the PCB gives in the Tarsus.rar file that we can find in this forum is 100%correct. not necessary to do modification. I say that because I had difficulties to understand which schema was correct ! (about the pins 5 and 6 of lm327)

A little tip, I used for the cable a USB cable and I keep the USB connector instead of use the DB9 connector.

Now I ll try to fix correctly the coils, not easy works.

thanks again
                      Hi ledoc can I ask u some thing
                      whats hight ur MD can detect because I built my Tarsos but the distance is 15 - 20 cm
                      no mor and the detector works ok but the distance is problem and the size of metal should be big as pepsi can
                      idont know whats the problem with it

Comment

• The best performance I could have is one euro coin at 25cm.
                        but!! the discrimination doesn t work :-(
                        I don t stop, all this morning, to move my coils, turn all the pot s but I ve no discrimination Except a good detection for all metals!
                        I built hammerhead detector I have almost the same sensitivity.

If someone can explain me how to set the coils and all the pot s it will be very nice.

Anwar2, if everything works correctly perhaps that s come from of the coils. Did you put shields on both coils? because I ve already seen that and in reality it s a bad idea.

Can you say me, what s happened when you use the pot of the right (discrimination). and how you set the 22kohm pot?

The performance with discrimination is normally less than with all metal mode.

Comment

• Ok now after hours of trying the discrimination works but now the sensibility is low: 1euro at 15cm :-(

Is it possible it comes from of the capacitors 6.8nF and 10nF of the coils that not exactly correct with my coils. Is there a way to check that??

Comment

• Taros-coil and frequency.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ledoc View Post
                              The best performance I could have is one euro coin at 25cm.

If someone can explain me how to set the coils and all the pot s it will be very nice.

Anwar2, if everything works correctly perhaps that s come from of the coils. Did you put shields on both coils? because I ve already seen that and in reality it s a bad idea.

Can you say me, what s happened when you use the pot of the right (discrimination). and how you set the 22kohm pot?

The performance with discrimination is normally less than with all metal mode.
                              Hi ledo
                              No I coverd only one coil withr folew alumenum paper only RX coil

do u know how to set ur coil and pot first power on and move the both coils to make union and u will be heard sound then set pot22 k until sound stop then set withe pot 1k (GEEB) util the sound stop exactly this is the point to set then move some metal approch to the coil u will heard sond

Comment

• At the beginning what is the position of the pot 100k (DISC)?
                                for example:
                                1) If I start completely at the left (counterclockwise) : the detector works with all metal with bad sensitivity and I can set the discrimination when I turn a little bit the DISC pot on the right. (detection: 1 euro at 11cm)
                                2) DISC in the middle position: discrimation doesn t works but I have the maximum of the sensitivity (1 euro at 30cm!) . Although I ve the impression that the ferrous metal are less detected than others.
                                3) DISC completely at the right (clockwise) : low sensitivity again

Comment

Working...
                                X