sweep speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep speed

I was thinking about pinpointing and sweeping slow and Fast .

The filter xistics could be made to automatically track the sweep speed.

If you have a longer shaft and its well balanced you may be sweeping at a rate which reduces sens - as your on the downward slope of the filter.

Similarly when homing in on something I tend to go slow over suspected target - again here sens reduced as falling off filter the other side.

If you have an accellerometer (like in toy helicopter) may be able to switch filter poles in and out using 4066 parts.

This way, any sweep speed will have max gain and corresponding low noise. - From pinpointing to axe man.

Steve

It ocurred to me a couple of years ago that an accelerometer could allow a microcontroller to compensate for the varying swing speed during a sweep.
    When the Minelab CTX came out, and I saw the display was able to show more than one target on the screen, I wondered how they calculated the distance - did they fit an accelerometer in it? I asked the question on another forum, but no-one could find an answer.

Comment

the display was able to show more than one target on the screen, I wondered how they calculated the distance
      Almost certainly, you can get a semiconductor for a couple of dollars.

I was thinking about storing all of the Rx phases for a detecting session on an SD card - a log of the day. You could see the phases associated with the things you encountered and visualise on a PC app. A bit dry but you could learn a lot of stuff that goes unseen.

S

Comment

Working...
      X