No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Bernte one,Size and offset my 0v but does not detect anything with the pot. regulus of treshold but nothing that I have to often in the leg 4 of 40106?

Comment

• Very nice build TH Jim! Had a question on your coil

I admire how refined your Baracuda design is. Beautiful work. I was curious how you wound your coil? Is it a multiconductor cable that you fed into the pipe and soldered in series? Your video shows very impressive depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by adam(Va) View Post
        I admire how refined your Baracuda design is. Beautiful work. I was curious how you wound your coil? Is it a multiconductor cable that you fed into the pipe and soldered in series? Your video shows very impressive depth.
        Yes I agree TH Jim good job!,I believe he said he used magnet wire in his coil.I have alot to learn still. I have no machine with that performance as of yet.But I will.

Comment

• I finished my baracuda project
          But I am very sad because when i run, the speaker is still ringing
          I inform you that firstly I make a mistake ( I changed between the + and the - of 12VDC )
          Now the speaker is always ringing

and the voltage of cd40106 is (project without coil).

cd40106 is instaled

pin 1= 0.63v
          2= -5v
          3= 0.63v
          4= -4.94v
          5= 0.57
          6= -5.04v
          7= -5.04v
          8= -4.71v
          9= -0.39v
          10= -0.39v
          11= -4.16v
          12= -5.04v
          13= 0v
          14= 0v

uninstalled

1= 5.08v
          2= 0v
          3= 5.08v
          4= 0v
          5= 5.01v
          6= 0v
          7= -5.04v
          8= 0v
          9= 0v
          10= 0v
          11= 0v
          12= 0v
          13= 0v
          14= 0v

so please i need help, where is the problem

thanks a lot

Comment

• Hi volcano
            This is called fatal mistake - and result in damage to all the tracks,
            First 1- out u1,2,4 ICS from the PCB project -your problem you cant find the - 5v or +5v .
            2- measurement -5V on 79l05, +5v on 78l05, Change any .--------
            -----After this-- You get +5v ,-5V ---------
            3-and then put them{u1,2,4} one after one with the measurement +5v, -5V every time you put one in order to know if one of them is damaged.
            best time
            j.

Comment

• Originally posted by jap View Post
              Hi volcano
              This is called fatal mistake - and result in damage to all the tracks,
              First 1- out u1,2,4 ICS from the PCB project -your problem you cant find the - 5v or +5v .
              2- measurement -5V on 79l05, +5v on 78l05, Change any .--------
              -----After this-- You get +5v ,-5V ---------
              3-and then put them{u1,2,4} one after one with the measurement +5v, -5V every time you put one in order to know if one of them is damaged.
              best time
              j.
              thank you jap

I've done as you told me
              The result everything is fine

Comment

• I found the mistake (the BF245 was inverted)
                but the problem still remain (the speaker does not sound)

thanks

Comment

• with BF245 you need to take care only of the gate, drain and source are the same thing. BF245 is a very specific component that is built completely symmetric, i.e. D and S are the same. It is why BF245 is so very good for this job - it is symmetrical.

Seek somewhere else. Your problem must be incredibly obvious - to someone else. Give someone your board to proofread it

Comment

• Hi volcano
                    you say I've done as you told me
                    The result everything is fine !!!!!!!!
                    -----is bf245= Q7?, what the problem still?,is it inverted!!!!!
                    best time
                    j.

Comment

• Originally posted by jap View Post
                      Hi volcano
                      you say I've done as you told me
                      The result everything is fine !!!!!!!!
                      -----is bf245= Q7?, what the problem still?,is it inverted!!!!!
                      best time
                      j.
                      now the problem is my project does not detect anything

Comment

• Hi volcano

-And whether this was before? --- To Compare - you must to know the Step.
                        -Should be checked every thing and return back step by step and review each step and you'll find the mistake.
                        best time
                        j.

Comment

• hi everyone does anyone know where i can get tip127 in the uk?
                          alexismex said in an earlier post here that the tip127 is what creates the iron tone discrimination so i want to investigate this i wonder if that push button switch (q5 etc) is what activates that feature
                          imagine this for a while we build one barracuda with irf 9660 and or q5 parts = no discrimination (9660) this does not happen
                          or we build another with tip127 but not q5 parts = no disc(detector locked in all metal mode)
                          what i'm getting at is has anyone here tested barracuda with the tip 127 and q5 etc installed? maybe the answer to two questions about barracuda is under our noses and has been all along ie wheres the iron identification? and whats this switch do?
                          i'm gonna test this myself anyway and report back because no matter how good our barracudas are while this switch is unknown our barras will never be finished
                          how can we truly reengineer the baracuda if we have not totally reverse engineered it to start with?
                          dont think i'm trying to talk down whats been done i'm not BIG thanks to all but that switch and q5 bother me! thanks alyx

Comment

• Originally posted by sinclairuser View Post
                            hi everyone does anyone know where i can get tip127 in the uk?
                            Here are a couple of obvious places:
                            Farnell ->
                            http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/bro...questid=433664
                            RS Components ->
                            http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/?sra=o...tip127&x=0&y=0

Comment

• Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
                              thanks know about farnell but sometimes you find new sources if you dont ask you dont get!

Comment

• Hi sinclairuser
                                tone discrimination of metals as a alexismex view ----- When you use tip127 or irf 9660 a different in tone sound is heard ,to sound metal and another sound metal that another ,
                                is what he meant another.This requires training on the difference between each tone for each metal. ******Expect when you use tip127 a little heat will*******.
                                ----Whenever I saw your name and avatar i Remember my days past when i use sinclair 128----
                                best time
                                j.

Comment

Working...
                                X