ProScan project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProScan project

I found this pi project in the project section but I can't find any comments. Has anyone tested this detector. The reason why I ask is because I want to make my first metal detector and this one seems to be simple and straightforward. However, I want the detector to work and be practical. I don't expect wonders from it. I would be very grateful if anyone can give there opinion and a possibly a different project if this one is no good. Sorry for my English

hello

have bare board laying here over two years now
    i heared it is good for beginners with good results

try it

Comment

Originally posted by ares_world View Post
      I found this pi project in the project section but I can't find any comments. Has anyone tested this detector. The reason why I ask is because I want to make my first metal detector and this one seems to be simple and straightforward. However, I want the detector to work and be practical. I don't expect wonders from it. I would be very grateful if anyone can give there opinion and a possibly a different project if this one is no good. Sorry for my English
      Proscan is simple one channel project that demonstrates PI technology but I don't understand why anybody would choose that over something more practical.

Surf PI is an old Whites machine, widely cloned, widely documented. PCB are available. You would probably have an easier time using it because it includes a noise cancellation channel.

Oh, we all hope you have a dual trace oscilloscope before you start building these things but there are plenty of people who manage without.

Comment

good classic PI. best learning platform. Surf PI is similar, nothing new ABSOLIUTELY in this oldie. I have a free board for Proscan, if you need.

Comment

Hi ares_world
          I built this detector a long time ago, actually never fully completed.
          I don't remember about performance and stability but you should be expect average performance from that class of detector lets say light detectors.
          This detector is good entrance to world of PI metal detectors, if this is your first project you will be sure satisfied with performance and stability, components for this project are pretty cheap, so just go on and try it.
          Also take a look to delta pulse (as i noticed most popular to beginners), and as porkluvr say surf pi, also look at the baracuda legend and other projects here.
          Good luck with building!.
          Cheers
          detecto

Comment

enjoy http://depositfiles.com/files/y0cyefjfp

Comment

Such high ranking members responding so quickly. Thank you all so much for the courage and I thank kt315 for the rar. The only reason I want to build this one specifically is because all the parts a available and I don't need expensive equipotent(or at least I think I don't). An oscilloscope will be very helpful however it is difficult to find a good one in Bulgaria for less than a 400-500 (second hand). Thanks again. If I successfully complete this project I'll make a video.

Comment

Originally posted by kt315 View Post
                When you click on Regular Download it asks for your mobile phone number in order to send you an SMS that you need to respond to. Sounds very dodgy to me.

Comment

For me it's not the case:
                  1. click on "regular download"
                  2. wait 20 seconds
                  3. fill in "Type the two words"
                  And started downloading : "File name: Proscan PI.rar , File size: 4.43 MB"

Comment

2. wait 20 seconds
                    60 seconds. wait the time will be count down to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by maikl View Post
                      For me it's not the case:
                      1. click on "regular download"
                      2. wait 20 seconds
                      3. fill in "Type the two words"
                      And started downloading : "File name: Proscan PI.rar , File size: 4.43 MB"
                      OK - I can see what's going on. The dialog box, requesting your mobile number, appears in front of the other window. So you have to first click on the red "X" in the top right and then click on Regular Download a second time.

Comment

Qi, you can visit http://www.detektory.wz.cz/
                        go to a section PI detectory and would find the info.

Comment

Originally posted by kt315 View Post
                          Qi, you can visit http://www.detektory.wz.cz/
                          go to a section PI detectory and would find the info.
                          It's ok, I eventually managed to download it from your original link. You just had to close the window requesting a phone number. Here's what I was seeing:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Can I replace lm 709 with something else like lf357. I finally have the time to start my project but I just can't find the lm 709. What is the best replacement.

Comment

Try Ebay. Otherwise be prepared to kludge an amplifier with an incompatible pinout into the holes on your PCB.

The 709 is an ANCIENT design, pre-dating even the LM741. That's OLD. Unfortunately, besides it being obsolete, it also has a unique offset-null/compensation scheme.

You can use LM709, ua709, RC709, etc. otherwise you will have trouble utilizing the existing offset null holes on the PCB.

Now, you be sure and give a big "Thank you," to all the gurus who sold you on the Proscan for a good first project.

Comment

Working...
                              X