New detecting method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g-sani
    It seems to me that many of you here know the tips to build an LRL using rf (Tx and a Receiver to go on target)
    This theory is already proved that it works and all you electronics should have one ready in your home for your treasure hunting expeditions.
    Instead of that you are looking for other ways of building LRLs when you never had any treasure discovered yet.
    Forgive me but I don't understand you.
    I remember Esteban said that it is working and I think also he put a very old pfoto somewhere of people using it back in the late '30s.
    Well I will put it down again.
    I used to owe once something like that and I said it before in some other thread that it was working allright.Some people don't believe me but what can I do about that.
    I said to Geo that sometime I will give him the Rx(which I still have) to see if we can make a suitable Tx so to make it work again.
    You see we placed it once underneath a tree and we took the Rx and went a bit far from the transmiter while trying to spot a target.It was raining heavily some hours before and water drops was coming down from the leaves.The result was a short circuit at the Tx and it stopped working.We sent it for service but...
    They sent us a different LRL back telling us that they could not repair the Tx.I loved that LRL and I was upset when we received back a different one.
    Anyway, this one works as well but now you have to be a bit of a dowser to go on target.
    To tell you the truth I wouldn't mind of paying some money again for such an LRL and if anybody knows anything in the market please let me know.
    Does anybody knows if MAGNACAST™ 5000 FORWARD GAUSS Metal Detector™ works on the same principle?

http://www.vernellelectronics.com/productinfo.htm#5000
    Hi g-sani,
    The Magnacast 5000 is said to be an AM transmitter using a loop antenna to send a signal to one side. Then a second small receiver loop is held in the hand to locate the hidden metal. I heard no information to show that the Magnacast 5000 works, or not works. You can only know by trying it to see. Forward Gauss does not mean anything. No electronics engineer or scientist has ever heard of forward gauss. It does not exist. This is only a word made by the manufacturer to make it sound like it is new technology. Also, I do not believe you will find multiplexing circuits inside this detector like the manufacturer claims. But I don't know for sure.

I would not spend money for this detector unless you see it finds hidden treasures first. The other detectors built by VR Electornics are believed to fail for finding treasure. Even Dell Winders said "...operating conditions deteriorated affecting the reliability of the instrument making it impractical for my use in 1988".

You can read more about the Magnacast 5000 here, where Dell Winders posts false information and tries to hide the truth about forward Gauss: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13089

Best wishes,
    J_P

Comment

Originally posted by WM6 View Post
      Hi Geo,

you are main developer here. Are you done some test?

Yes Krzysztof, it is more clear to me now, what you suggest.
      Except draving Ad.4: did you imagine RX or TX coils as a fixed scaning or mobile?

Hi WM6,

I made it before 2... 3 years. I tested but i had problems. It had the ability to detect a big object at 30m but it was very sensitive North horizon, at distance between me and detector and from trees.
      So i let it at the side .
      Maybe at lower frequency to work better .... who knows.
      I don't remember sure, but i think that it worked at about 800Khz.

Regards

Comment

Hi Geo.
        It issues me, that secret sticks (lie) in (to) in antenna with vertical magnetic polarization.
        So as vertical feryt, we search something better.
        And f max< 32kHz.
        Vy73 Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
          Hi WM6,

I made it before 2... 3 years. I tested but i had problems. It had the ability to detect a big object at 30m but it was very sensitive North horizon, at distance between me and detector and from trees.
          So i let it at the side .
          Maybe at lower frequency to work better .... who knows.
          I don't remember sure, but i think that it worked at about 800Khz.
          Geo, are you tried to put your ferrite antenna in RFI protective housing made from can of beer (one side open) and connected to ground of oscillator?

Comment

Originally posted by J_Player View Post
            Hi g-sani,
            The Magnacast 5000 is said to be an AM transmitter using a loop antenna to send a signal to one side. Then a second small receiver loop is held in the hand to locate the hidden metal. I heard no information to show that the Magnacast 5000 works, or not works. You can only know by trying it to see. Forward Gauss does not mean anything. No electronics engineer or scientist has ever heard of forward gauss. It does not exist. This is only a word made by the manufacturer to make it sound like it is new technology. Also, I do not believe you will find multiplexing circuits inside this detector like the manufacturer claims. But I don't know for sure.

I would not spend money for this detector unless you see it finds hidden treasures first. The other detectors built by VR Electornics are believed to fail for finding treasure. Even Dell Winders said "...operating conditions deteriorated affecting the reliability of the instrument making it impractical for my use in 1988".

You can read more about the Magnacast 5000 here, where Dell Winders posts false information and tries to hide the truth about forward Gauss: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13089

Best wishes,
            J_P
            This is what I thought to be J_P.The rest of their detectors have nothing special to show.
            Of course the same thing applies here.Try it yourself to get knowing the truth, as always.
            Regards, g-sani

Comment

When, in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,
              I all alone beweep my outcast state
              And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries
              And look upon myself and curse my fate,
              Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
              Featured like him, like him with friends possess'd,
              Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,
              With what I most enjoy contented least;
              Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
              Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
              Like to the lark at break of day arising
              From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;
              For thy sweet LRL remember'd such wealth brings
              That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

Willy Shake (S.29)
              Nice poetry WM6 but I never herad of Willy Shake.
              Was it a treasure hunter as well?
              Not a dowser anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by g-sani View Post
                Nice poetry WM6 but I never herad of Willy Shake.
                Was it a treasure hunter as well?
                Not a dowser anyway!
                You do not know this old rocker? Probably you are too young.

Yes I think it was a biggest dowser ever, look at the penultimate verse.

Comment

Originally posted by Krzysztof View Post
                  Hi Geo.
                  It issues me, that secret sticks (lie) in (to) in antenna with vertical magnetic polarization.
                  So as vertical feryt, we search something better.
                  And f max< 32kHz.
                  Vy73 Chris.
                  I don't understand what you are saying about!!!

Comment

Geo, are you tried to put your ferrite antenna in RFI protective housing made from can of beer (one side open) and connected to ground of oscillator?
                    Hi WM6,
                    No... i did not tried to make anything with ferrite. The only that i did was a replacing of ferrite with a simple bigger coil, with the same problems....

Regards

Comment

You do not know this old rocker? Probably you are too young.

Yes I think it was a biggest dowser ever, look at the penultimate verse.
                      Yes,I think he must have been lucky at least once discovering treasure so he knows how sweet it is.

Comment

Hi Geo.
                        Forgive my English, I have different translators, none technical.
                        To new idea the best magnetic aerial is needed to Tx, for good irradiating the area. Best if only the entire energy went to one's grave as the magnetic component, Tx Energy radiated by the area is completely unnecessary and harmful.
                        I am looking for something better than the ferrite vertical antenna in my memory and good books. I want energy fields 10 - 100 miliwat of the radiation. And ferrite will already be then too weak.
                        He is staying to bury to the earth frame antenna. Other idea of the antenna, can stick 2 probes to the earth, and made Tx in the B class push-pull. GND connect with 3rd probe.
                        A few attempts I will make in spring.
                        Best regards Chris.

Comment

Ground Antenna

Chris,

You are correct, the ground antenna is the best of all. This is something I will be working with as well. In my books on VLF, a top loaded vertical with a big capacity hat would be 2nd best but you still have to supply lots of ground radials for it to be efficient. I have been talking to another Amatuer Radio Operator on 1853.5 KC for 25 years using Single Sideband so I know from first hand experience what makes a good LF antenna.

The ground antenna does not work as good at the upper end where I work(L.F.). Ground Antennas work good below 50KC. Make sure you space your ground rods as far from pole to pole as you plan to walk around.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Krzysztof View Post
                            ..Other idea of the antenna, can stick 2 probes to the earth, and made Tx in the B class push-pull. GND connect with 3rd probe.
                            A few attempts I will make in spring.
                            Best regards Chris.

I believe thats more comfortable for the treasure hunter.
                            And from one point of view is more practical even for the electronics engineer while having a major problem solved.
                            When it comes to the gold gun sold whith a transmiter the electronics designer prefered sending the signal direct into the earth using probes.

Comment

Originally posted by Seden
                              ... the ground antenna is the best of all. This is something I will be working with as well. In my books on VLF, a top loaded vertical with a big capacity hat would be 2nd best but you still have to supply lots of ground radials for it to be efficient. I have been talking to another Amatuer Radio Operator on 1853.5 KC for 25 years using Single Sideband so I know from first hand experience what makes a good LF antenna.

The ground antenna does not work as good at the upper end where I work(L.F.). Ground Antennas work good below 50KC. Make sure you space your ground rods as far from pole to pole as you plan to walk around.

Randy
                              Hi Randy,
                              If a person wanted to build a ground antenna to operate at 30 KHz, what actual hardware materials and sizes do you recommend he should he use for this antenna?

Would the apparatus for a treasure hunter's portable field antenna be significantly different than what you would recommend for a permanent installation used in communications?

Best wishes,
                              J_P

Comment

Originally posted by g-sani View Post

When it comes to the gold gun sold whith a transmiter the electronics designer prefered sending the signal direct into the earth using probes.

g-sani, antenna have to be in resonance to be effective. By such design with two to TX wired probe, you never reach resonance and antenna efficiency is very very low (except in way to burn transmitter).

Properly grounded and resonate tunned antenna on ULF/VLF band is at the same time ground and air antenna and with way better propagation, because we are speaking here about wave reflection and not about eddy current induction.

Comment

Working...
                                X