No announcement yet.

please help on earth resistivity meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not familiar with the ERM. What is the typical resolution on these?

Comment

Originally posted by algol View Post
      Tank's.
      Now it work.
      Hi
      So can you now tell us what exactly was wrong with it please for fucture reference for if anyone else here and indeed anywhere gets the same problem.

Can you also let us know your opinion of the machine far as working out on the field, ie: accuracy, ease of use in the field transfering data, making use of the data, and any pitfalls you see in the design, for fucture improvement.
      If you could post some pictures of your project both during construction and the finshed project internal/external and if possible out in the field, I will give you a brownie point.

Its very important that as well as getting technical imformation from Geotec you give a little feedback for Rael me and other interested partys.

Pleased you have it up and running and well done, not the easiest of projects

Regards

Dave

Comment

for EPEres

Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
        Hi
        So can you now tell us what exactly was wrong with it please for fucture reference for if anyone else here and indeed anywhere gets the same problem.

Can you also let us know your opinion of the machine far as working out on the field, ie: accuracy, ease of use in the field transfering data, making use of the data, and any pitfalls you see in the design, for fucture improvement.
        If you could post some pictures of your project both during construction and the finshed project internal/external and if possible out in the field, I will give you a brownie point.

Its very important that as well as getting technical imformation from Geotec you give a little feedback for Rael me and other interested partys.

Pleased you have it up and running and well done, not the easiest of projects

Regards

Dave
        I solved the problem right on the welding of R31 that was not good. The final machine works well, of course the accuracy and resolution are not the best (only 8 bits), but for amateur applications is fine. To download the data I had problems so I had to make the suggested changes to the board on the article of Becker. I leave attached an image of a test I did in the country. Thanks for your interest and for the answers. When I have something interesting I'll post it.
        Attached Files

Comment

I solved the problem right on the welding of R31 that was not good. The final machine works well, of course the accuracy and resolution are not the best (only 8 bits), but for amateur applications is fine. To download the data I had problems so I had to make the suggested changes to the board on the article of Becker. I leave attached an image of a test I did in the country. Thanks for your interest and for the answers. When I have something interesting I'll post it.
          Thanks Algol
          Very impressive I must say certainly works, keep us imformed with you progress maybe at some point i may try and build one now after seeing your results.
          Would be nice to see pictures of your build.
          Thanks again
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
            Would be nice to see pictures of your build.
            Yes!

Comment

Hi! ALGOL what software did you use, with your EPE data logger of John Becker?

Comment

Earth Resistivity Logger Help please.

Hi I have just completed the build of the EPE Earth Resistivity Logger and I have a couple of odd problems. Firstly on the test position I only get 0B MAX there is no A reading. I have tested it over a 20 meter strip and it is reading and storing correctly on the EEPROM. I have tried downloading, but cannot get the software to recognise the COM port. I have also tried clearing the EEPROM by holding the save button and turning it on. It doesn't clear.

Help please anyone

ken

Comment

epe resistivity

for Phil
                  The software is Surfer.
                  But it can use SurfIt or other free gridding-contouring software.

Originally posted by rwl518p View Post
                  Hi I have just completed the build of the EPE Earth Resistivity Logger and I have a couple of odd problems. Firstly on the test position I only get 0B MAX there is no A reading.
                  It can chack perfectly the sold an all contact!!

I have tested it over a 20 meter strip and it is reading and storing correctly on the EEPROM. I have tried downloading, but cannot get the software to recognise the COM port. I have also tried clearing the EEPROM by holding the save button and turning it on. It doesn't clear. ken
                  Do you have the software EPE of Article? If no I sand you.
                  For downloading data You can use coerrect cable. In this case the PC is DTE unit and EPE alo DTE unit. The correct cable is null modem with handshaking full or with handshaking software (flux control) Xon Xoff
                  You ca realize this cable yourself by soldind. It's simply
                  Best

Comment

for Phil
                    The software is Surfer.
                    But it can use SurfIt or other free gridding-contouring software.

Do you have the software EPE of Article? If no I sand you.
                    For downloading data You can use coerrect cable. In this case the PC is DTE unit and EPE alo DTE unit. The correct cable is null modem with handshaking full or with handshaking software (flux control) Xon Xoff
                    You ca realize this cable yourself by soldind. It's simply
                    Best
                    Hi yes i have the software. I just need to know what to look for on the incorrect test readings
                    Ken

Comment

Working...
                    X