IDX mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDX mods

I wish to build a full wave demod unit - based on IDX perhaps.

Using this as a starting point .. Would someone comment on the schematic.

The idea is to extract signal from both + and - halves of the Rx signal. I dont want to do a full quadrature beast - just jazz up an existing working format.

Take a look at my hammy drawing - shout feedback
    Attached Files

Sorry this drawing
    Attached Files

Comment

what does the full wave demod give in a light of Tinkerer's position to build a superior new machine sensitiving to the golden nuggets in his native country Goldland?

Comment

IDX questions

1 In normal Use, Is the PP Chan On continuously ? I think it is - based on the schematic.

If so, this ch adds noise (due to extra BW) and not much signal during normal Disc use geb phasing clocks this Channel. Why have it ON then?

Normal..
        Can we run with Disc and Geb ON

PP
        PP DC chan ON and Disc and Geb OFF

2 The preamp appears to be gain peaked at 1KHz

Would it be better to peak this - higher in frequency?

My Tx is ~8kHx So if I peak preamp at ~4kHz I should get better response?

S

Comment

I'm not too familiar with IDX - my mind is on IGSL. Anyway, regarding the #2, please observe how the gain is set - it is at 180x! Now you have a upward going slope of a detuned coil tank and a downward going slope of a LPF, and they compensate, but beyond the resonance you have a steep fall. Kinda makes sense. Coil is not loaded too much due to the high input impedance...
          However, I'm not fond of high input impedance inputs. They require serious shielding. Being able to perform well with mediocre opamps is beyond the point.
          My choice would be a differential input.

Also please note that opamps with FET inputs or NPN input in gain stages will require somewhat different bias (that 100k pot next to 1M) than the one in the schematic. I've seen it with TGSL/IGSL - some solutions are inherited without much examination.

BTW, your solution will become even simpler with 4053.

Comment

The idea is to extract signal from both + and - halves of the Rx signal.
            The bad idea generally is to try enhancing the Classic and IDX. Yes, there are some 'mods', of Mr. Bill. But the man does those FOR MONEY

If you have so much time and want to kill it - do the mods of White's Classic (c) KT315.

Good idea is to extract the cold cola from safe in sunny hottie day.

Comment

We dont get many hottie sunny day in UK !! But I may have a beer later !

Dont pick holes in the values on #2 as they are random - its only a concept drawing.

The IDX is a solid little performer - finds lots more in my garden than my IGSL did.

I found keeping 2 Rx channels peaked a chore - One is enough. I didnt like having Geb pots on pcb - there would have been 6 pots to twiddle if on front..

I also think the high frequency machines are more touchy generally.

My IDX is 8kHz - still plenty of travel on Disc and geb for tuning.

I have a carbon graphited shell only - so on 3 sides of coil - no falses from ground - stable.

I feel the IDX would benefit from having a balanced demods Currently IGSL and IDX and all of the entry level 1980s machines throw 1/2 of the RX signal away.

S

Comment

I_had_gave_all mods of Mr. Bill. what you want yet?? why you think you are more genial than mr. Bill, Einstain and Rothschild? you had got ALL INFO, but I am not a cow to give you a milk more than you got.

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18925&highlight=IDX+mod

Comment

Originally posted by kt315 View Post
                  I_had_gave_all mods of Mr. Bill. what you want yet?? why you think you are more genial than mr. Bill, Einstain and Rothschild? you had got ALL INFO, but I am not a cow to give you a milk more than you got.

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18925&highlight=IDX+mod

KT315

These are not my modifications. I don't change that IC at all.

Mr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Bill View Post
                    KT315

These are not my modifications. I don't change that IC at all.

Mr. Bill
                    I believe. Can you give your mods schematics and high definition photos of your modifications to establish the mods are not your?

Comment

Originally posted by kt315 View Post
                      I believe. Can you give your mods schematics and high definition photos of your modifications to establish the mods are not your?

I don't feel the need to establish anything. You can believe anything you wish. I don't have any High Def. photos of the schematics.

You’re all trying to make a very basic, well designed circuit, into something very complicated.

Now with that said, I would be willing to share what I do for modifications to the Whites Classic's by posting the information here for all to see. I closed my business at the end of 2010.

Mr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Bill View Post
                        I don't feel the need to establish anything. You can believe anything you wish. I don't have any High Def. photos of the schematics.

You’re all trying to make a very basic, well designed circuit, into something very complicated.

Now with that said, I would be willing to share what I do for modifications to the Whites Classic's by posting the information here for all to see. I closed my business at the end of 2010.

Mr. Bill
                        It would be helpful to everyone if you are going to publish here all the modifications of the White Classic. I really love the IDX-PRO and I want to make some modifications to the recovery speed.

Comment

Working...
                        X