QED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

be prepared to supply you in heaps of popcorn & coke. It's getting very very interesting now. The show must go on!

Aziz

Comment

Originally posted by Aziz View Post
      Hi guys,

be prepared to supply you in heaps of popcorn & coke. It's getting very very interesting now. The show must go on!

Aziz
      Yes sorry AZIZ to interrupt your thread! Keep up the good work on trying to develop a new and more affordable detector!
      dougAEGPF

Comment

Very simple my friend Doug and Bugwhiskers. Since I do not have the QED in front of me like Bugwhiskers does, how about a recent video of it working by a independent user. maybe someone like Robbie H would be a good choice since he is not associated with the QED or Minelab. Or even Aziz would be a good person to test it since he seems to be falling off the QED wagon here lately. And Aziz seems like he know he electronics good. And I am sure neither one of you would say anything about the 2 I speak of on less you have proof of anything different. I trust you both for the truth. Aziz and Robbie seem to know their stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by dougAEGPF View Post
          Yes sorry AZIZ to interrupt your thread! Keep up the good work on trying to develop a new and more affordable detector!
          dougAEGPF
          It doesn't matter at all Doug. I like it.

Feel free to discuss it here.
          Aziz

Comment

Doug, can you tune to a specific radio station when detecting, or do you just have to take what you get?

Further, will the mains EMI rejection contend with working in the general vIcinity of a reasonably large sized genset, say near mining activity, where the genset is not accurately synchronised to 50Hz?

Will the unit be readily converted to mains rejection of frequencies other than 50Hz?

How good is mains rejection in an area where the genset induced EMI frequency is, say, 40Hz as the genset is running at reduced RPM with reduced load for fuel economy reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanFox View Post
              Doug, can you tune to a specific radio station when detecting, or do you just have to take what you get?
              The latest REV QED does NOT pick up ANY radio stations and is far more immune to EMI than ANY ML with a mono coil. In the same location the TDI with mono coil is also better than a ML!
              dougAEGPF

Comment

Originally posted by PATCHES JUNIOR View Post
                Very simple my friend Doug and Bugwhiskers. Since I do not have the QED in front of me like Bugwhiskers does, how about a recent video of it working by a independent user. maybe someone like Robbie H would be a good choice since he is not associated with the QED or Minelab. Or even Aziz would be a good person to test it since he seems to be falling off the QED wagon here lately. And Aziz seems like he know he electronics good. And I am sure neither one of you would say anything about the 2 I speak of on less you have proof of anything different. I trust you both for the truth. Aziz and Robbie seem to know their stuff.
                So you agree with me that you have no basis whatsoever for asserting that the QED has "harmonic problems"!
                dougAEGPF

Comment

One thing I have been worried about Doug. I hope you can answer my question.

Will the QED be able to play music while I an detecting for gold. I am sure every one has been wondering about this state of the art development!

And one more question I hope you can also help us with without giving up no secretes. Is this a gold detector, relic detector, coin detector, or just what is its main use to be suited for?

Comment

What you refer to is modulation of the Rx audio much like AM/FM radio.It happens with ML detectors and perhaps some others? When one detector goes over a target if another detector is close enough then you hear the target response in this detector. ie the Rx audio from the first detector is modulated when it goes over a target and this can be picked up by the Rx of another.
                    The TX and RX are both constantly modulated by ground minerals and if these minerals are ignored by a correctly working ground balance circuit then there is no audio output, but you appear to be saying that the QED will hear anything that causes an audio signal in another detector? This definitely doesn't occur in any detector I know of. If it did then two guys working 50' apart would hear the same signal and both would dig it. I can assure you this never happens and it would be rather insane if it did.

Originally posted by dougAEGPF
                    "however the effect can be hard to hear with ML's in this location because of severe power line induced and other EMI effects with the ML"
                    I often test detectors in a paddock approximately two kilometers from three AM and FM radio stations and six kilometers from TV transmitters and none of these affect a Minelab PI in any way at all, even if we halve the distance to the TV towers. Perhaps you should stick to known facts instead of trying to make up new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by crane View Post
                      The TX and RX are both constantly modulated by ground minerals and if these minerals are ignored by a correctly working ground balance circuit then there is no audio output, but you appear to be saying that the QED will hear anything that causes an audio signal in another detector? This definitely doesn't occur in any detector I know of. If it did then two guys working 50' apart would hear the same signal and both would dig it. I can assure you this never happens and it would be rather insane if it did.

I often test detectors in a paddock approximately two kilometers from three AM and FM radio stations and six kilometers from TV transmitters and none of these affect a Minelab PI in any way at all, even if we halve the distance to the TV towers. Perhaps you should stick to known facts instead of trying to make up new ones.

Have you tested ML's with mono coils for EMI effects where I live or Bugwhiskers live?
                      dougAEGPF

Comment

Doug, you still haven't answered the question....While the QED might have reasonable rejection of mains EMI when the source is synchronised to 50Hz, what happens around a genset or any power source that is not synchronised to 50Hz?

Comment

Have you tested ML's with mono coils for EMI effects where I live or Bugwhiskers live?
                          dougAEGPF
                          The paddock I mentioned is 300 meters from high voltage power lines and close to radio, tv and mobile phone transmitters. If you are saying your statement is only true for where you and Bugwhiskers live then I don't think anyone really cares because it doesn't apply to most of us that work in areas away from power lines.

You appear to be now trying to hide the fact that the QED responds to another detectors audio signal, something that simply can't possibly occur with any other detector, which in turn means it has a serious flaw. I recently worked a patch with a mate and we were often less than 30' apart. Can you imagine the confusion if my detector heard the hot rock, ground noise and target signals of my mate's detector?

Comment

Originally posted by crane View Post
                            The paddock I mentioned is 300 meters from high voltage power lines and close to radio, tv and mobile phone transmitters. If you are saying your statement is only true for where you and Bugwhiskers live then I don't think anyone really cares because it doesn't apply to most of us that work in areas away from power lines.

You appear to be now trying to hide the fact that the QED responds to another detectors audio signal, something that simply can't possibly occur with any other detector, which in turn means it has a serious flaw. I recently worked a patch with a mate and we were often less than 30' apart. Can you imagine the confusion if my detector heard the hot rock, ground noise and target signals of my mate's detector?
                            Ok why don't you do some tests comparing the TDI and ML with large mono coils near and under HV AC power lines,near SWER powerlines ,near some micro wave towers, when some commercial airliners are flying overhead, near airports and other near miscellaneous sources of EMI and come back and tell us which detector is least effected! Perhaps then you can tell us why some very experienced operators of ML detectors here in OZ who like to use very big mono's are often forced to detect at night because the EMI during the day is often intolerable! dougAEGPF

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanFox View Post
                              Doug, you still haven't answered the question....While the QED might have reasonable rejection of mains EMI when the source is synchronised to 50Hz, what happens around a genset or any power source that is not synchronised to 50Hz?
                              Commercially sensitive info!But a good try!
                              dougAEGPF

Comment

Ok why don't you do some tests comparing the TDI and ML with large mono coils
                                Has been done. i found the depth difference was very noticeable, and favoured the ML. Are you forgetting your testing of your GS5, which is basically a TDI? let's see you take a TDI to a patch worked over by ML machines and find your fortune!

You still haven't answered my question re mains induced EMI and other than 50Hz!

Comment

Working...
                                X