Quadcopter detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quadcopter detector

I brought up the quadcopter concept in the beach rover thread and it (and the submersable) risks thread disruption so here I start something dedicated to the quad copter. I've seen these do amazing things and carry fully professional DSLR cameras with positioning systems. They could easily fly a preprogrammed grid pattern while watching out for unexpected objects/people in its path. Another thing is that it could fly at the ideal coil sweep rate and stay at a fixed height above the ground. A likely big problem would be the sand that would fly if over dry patches. So I'm just thinking if you only want to map wet sand beach remotely this would be the way to go. Not sure if it is practical or worthwhile. I suppose it could operate in hovercraft mode and then transform to quadcopter when a wave comes? That'd be cool.
    Last edited by bklein; 03-19-2012, 04:06 PM. Reason: more

I saved this link from a long time ago: http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/bl...opter-part-iii

It's pretty cool, but the issue here has much to do with the power source. Even with Li-pos you are not likely to see productive operational times.

Comment

Great.

Comment

Maybe a hovercraft would be better suited??

Just a thought.

Comment

Perhaps, but quadcopter project is already so advanced that It is a path with less effort and more fun.
          I like the returning to the start point feature.

Comment

Working...
          X