Carls 2 stage P.I. preamp.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carls 2 stage P.I. preamp.....

Ok, Guys, help me out!!! I KNOW Carl has written up a 2 stage, (33 x 33) preamp stage for the Surf P.I. instead of the ne5534 single, 1000 x gain stage, but I cant find it!!!??

Anyone link me to the right thread????

TIA, Fred

?? Cant find an 'edit' button,... never mind.......
    Reason for the question, just ordered a few samples of this chip /op amp,... thought it would do the front end pretty well,... any thoughts?????

Cheers, Fred
    Attached Files

Comment

you need in better slew rate. 75V/us and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Comp View Post
        ?? Cant find an 'edit' button,... never mind.......
        Reason for the question, just ordered a few samples of this chip /op amp,... thought it would do the front end pretty well,... any thoughts?????

Cheers, Fred

Hopelessly too slow, see open loop gain curve on page 6 fig.9 and compare whit other typical opamps, SR itself is not that important, use something else instead.

Comment

Comp,

I built it using the MAX412 and the NE5532, more or less the same results. The key to this design is the amps don't go into hard saturation. Therefore faster settling time and recovery.

The schematic you are looking for is here-
          http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15732

Comment

read the whole thread there was some discussion about C24 as well from that HH cct

Comment

Ok, Guys, thanks for the input, (& thanks, Altra, for the link,. now 'bookmarked')

Cheers, Fred

Comment

Working...
              X