IDX-PRO+VDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    RX cap can be critical to tune up closely.
    Generally it is close to 0.033 (33nF). But if you put just 33nF that will not do.
    Better put 22nF + .... in parallel , close to 33nF..
    Be patient and give it chance, try to tune it as closest as possible.
    Once tuned - hell of detector !
    Deepest from all hand made presented here on Geotech forums.. no competition at all!

Hi all,
    I have finished building up my idx board and just waiting for Fisher CZ coil to arrive. I have a basic questions about the caps for coils, is the diagram below the correct placement for them? Are they just fine tuning the internal caps in the factory coils?
    I have an oscilloscope to adjust but not sure where to connect, is it just non-hot side of each coil then to earth?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Max

Comment

• Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
      I really feel the same. So you do not pass so you have to build the IGSL. The TGSL has separate channels for the balance of ground. Ferrous and non ferrous.
      Hi eduardo.
      I recently experience the same problem, especially in wet grass.
      It seems that my mod (2nd amp.) interfere with the GEB signal.
      What do you think about adding 2 followers to isolate the signals ?
      Regards, Hugo

@ashefr10 : Thank you for what you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugo View Post
        Hi eduardo.
        I recently experience the same problem, especially in wet grass.
        It seems that my mod (2nd amp.) interfere with the GEB signal.
        What do you think about adding 2 followers to isolate the signals ?
        Regards, Hugo

@ashefr10 : Thank you for what you know.
        My TGSL the same thing happens. There is no solution. The IDX-PRO is the same. The only way to fix all that is to build the IGSL. The TGSL not have 2 channels for the Ground Balance, has only one channel, whereas the IGSL GB has 2 channels, one for ferrous and one for nonferrosos and so the 2 GB tones independent work and that are not affected. There is a post I can not remember where, that Ivconic explained the reasons for using two separate channels of GB. Ivconic had all the reason in the world. Surely there is another solution, but it must be with a microprocessor. Regards. Eduardo.

Comment

• Hi eduardo,
          I will check this point later.
          And try my idea to use 2 voltage followers to split the GEB channel.
          Have a nice day.
          Hugo

Comment

• Good Morning eduardo1979 & tekin_efe
            Upload a foto with "tesoro" from my garden...

Comment

• Originally posted by szucs_g View Post
              Good Morning Eduardo!
              Good Morning Szucs_g.

Comment

Good Morning eduardo1979 & tekin_efe
                Upload a foto with tesoro from my garden...
                good morning szucs_g

Comment

Good Morning eduardo1979 & tekin_efe
                  Upload a foto with tesoro from my garden...
                  Voilá...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Voilá...
                    Tesero operation dismantled them walked

Comment

• wet grass

My TGSL the same thing happens. There is no solution. The IDX-PRO is the same. The only way to fix all that is to build the IGSL.
                      Building an IGSL will give the same also on wet grass - like mine does..

We need to scope

Tx ch (phase reference)
                      Geb CH
                      Disc CH

whilst sweeping wet grass - to see what goes wrong, only when we know what the problem is - can we fix it.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by golfnut View Post
                        Building an IGSL will give the same also on wet grass - like mine does..

We need to scope

Tx ch (phase reference)
                        Geb CH
                        Disc CH

whilst sweeping wet grass - to see what goes wrong, only when we know what the problem is - can we fix it.

Steve
                        It is so. We have to find the problem. I researched as much as I can not find it.

Comment

Building an IGSL will give the same also on wet grass - like mine does.
                          Reaction to wet grass is caused by inadequate coil shielding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
                            Reaction to wet grass is caused by inadequate coil shielding.
                            In normal mode I have no problems with the wet grass.
                            I have problems with the GB in 2-tone mode.
                            In mode 2 beeps if set to reject the GB ferrite, the detector detects NO mineralized soils. If we reject the ground, the detector detects the ferrite me with low iron tone. I can not get a waypoint. If something is rejected, it accepts the other. In contrast, in normal mode without using the 2-tone detector works perfectly. What could be? In TGSL mode 2 tones is the same.

Comment

• Im guessing here..

I 'reckon' that the phase of the ground and the phase from the wet grass are different phases.

Our GEB ch adjusts to one phase. Not two.

So the wet grass is not balanced out and so is left with an amplitude, a signal on the GEB channel that isnt balance out.

This signal hits the GEB input of the Instrumentation amp (while there is no Target signal on the other input) The Diff amp action of the instrumentation amp triggers your tone.

S

Comment

Im guessing here..

I 'reckon' that the phase of the ground and the phase from the wet grass are different phases.

Our GEB ch adjusts to one phase. Not two.

So the wet grass is not balanced out and so is left with an amplitude, a signal on the GEB channel that isnt balance out.

This signal hits the GEB input of the Instrumentation amp (while there is no Target signal on the other input) The Diff amp action of the instrumentation amp triggers your tone.

S
                                The theory I know it perfectly, but where is the solution of the problem?.

Comment

Working...
                                X