Single layer Spiral coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeroi View Post
    Is there any partcular reason why dont you provide closed source version of your program for free? This way you get to keep your code and people may use your work as it seems to be so brilliant. Could you provide a bit more practical reason why you prefer to keep such program only for you?

I my self support open source programming but that said, they usually are gui based programs for something and not pshusics calculation software. But since opensource rivals closed source programming and it benefits from user base growing and adding features fast where in counter closed source tend to keep things going slowly.

But that said, I dont see any reason why would you not take credit of building such outstanding magnetic simulation software as closed source?
    Jeroi,

the visualisation of magnetic fields is one of the very trivial tasks in the numerical electro-magnetics. See the Biot-Savart Law for more details. But the software I have written can do a lot more in the art of metal detecting.

I do not want the patent trolls in the metal detecting business to use my software (either free, open-source, closed-source or licen$ed ver$ion). That's the crucial point. We want to share the coil ideas (& inventions) and use them license-free (not patented). Patent trolls do the other way round. Monopolising the market and squeezing out the customers driven by pure f$k'n greed.

Credits? I couldn't give a $hit.
    F$k the evil patent trolls.

Cheers,
    Aziz

Comment

I fondly share your point of view. I've seen my share of ****ty patents even before joining this great forum and MD hobby as such, but the amount of bull**** patents written in scholarly Trollish in MD technology is just appalling.

There are some great patented ideas, and even ones that my heart sings when looking at them, thank you Carl, and they are NOT Trollish at all.

Comment

BTW guys,

I do not hide an interesting coil idea. I have shared all my coil related results with you.
        Comeon guys, let's invent another valuable coil ideas. There must be some left over.

Aziz

Comment

How about defining a size of a passive coil that overlaps two spiral or plain old coils to obtain IB? It will be a mere small shorted coil, and it will be placed on top of the both neck-to-neck spiral (or simple) coils.

I guess there must be some area ratio that must work universally, but I am not aware of any analytic approach to do it on paper - perfect candidate to squeeze some juice from your software.

Comment

Originally posted by Davor View Post
            How about defining a size of a passive coil that overlaps two spiral or plain old coils to obtain IB? It will be a mere small shorted coil, and it will be placed on top of the both neck-to-neck spiral (or simple) coils.

I guess there must be some area ratio that must work universally, but I am not aware of any analytic approach to do it on paper - perfect candidate to squeeze some juice from your software.
            This does not give any significant benefits (I've tried this already). Although it works (IB balancing and detection operation), it's more prone to magnetic minerals. The balancing is critical as mutual coupling effects cause more noise (oscillations).

Aziz

Comment

Ah! So it is a no go. OK.

Comment

just my 2 cents - follow - http://www.falstad.com/vector3dm/ - some java source that can be fiddled with specifically for md.

Comment

Working...
                X