my TGSL remains always ringing

please help me

If you do not understand me . I will change the formulate of my question

Comment

a good start is to post some pictures of your board
      list any component changes you have made if any
      provide some measurements from various parts of the circuit

Comment

It will always be ringing if there is no -5V supply. This suppy is generated from the transmit circuit.

The transmit circuit is a basic oscillator which requires the coil to be connected so this means that if you do not have a coil connected, there will be no -5V supply and your buzzer will always be on.

If you're like me and don't yet have a coil made then you will need to either buy a 6 mH choke and connect it temporarily in place or make a dummy one (which is what I did) by winding about 100 ft of 30 AWG magnet wire around a former. I used this calculator:
        http://www.pronine.ca/multind.htm
        to get a ballpark but it was only a very rough guide and in reality, I needed quite a few more turns than this indicated.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdog View Post
          a good start is to post some pictures of your board
          list any component changes you have made if any
          provide some measurements from various parts of the circuit
          Thanks I will do what you said to me

Comment

There is no need to type in bold characters, we can understand you anyway

Comment

Originally posted by joop View Post
              There is no need to type in bold characters, we can understand you anyway

Each one and his way of writing, Sir
              Thank you for your response

Comment

long pot wires P1 P2 will cause some problem. Especially if they lay close to U4. _feedback/oscillation.

My non Fe channel was hooting, I added a Cu sheild around the Tx osc and it got better.

I stopped my oscillation-it was to do with the -ve rail.

I added 1000uF to it and it works well now - no osc of non Fe ch. Even when turned to max sens.

~6" in wet heavy soil with short wet grass on top. With coil sweeping 3" above the grass.

On a UK 20p

S

Comment

Has anyone considered replacing this -ve rail supply with a proper regulated one?

Comment

Originally posted by Farside View Post
                    Has anyone considered replacing this -ve rail supply with a proper regulated one?
                    Hi Farside
                    yes but to what gains, by doing that you would draw more current out of the battery, at least 50ma maybe more.
                    I will say though in the early days while fault finding on the TGSL I did use the -5v from my bench supply.

Comment

Thank you all I have found the solution
                      (the problem is that the battery was low 3 v only)
                      But remained how to adjust the 3 potentiometer

Comment

hello
                        I finished my TGSL project
                        now I need how to know that my project is well and ok ?
                        using a multimeter

Comment

Start by double checking the alignment of the chips.

Then power it up while closely measuring the current draw from the main supply in case you have any shorts.

Then test the various voltage rails to confirm they are there. 12V, 8V, -6V.

Then check that all the IC's have power to their respective pins (U6, pin 4 and 11 for instance).

There's not much else you can do with the multimeter.

satdaveuk: I'm planning to experiment with the tx frequency and figure it's likely going to effect the -ve voltage level. I also don't like the idea of the entire system reliant on the connection of the Tx coil... then again without a Tx coil connected, the system is useless anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Farside View Post
                            Start by double checking the alignment of the chips.

Then power it up while closely measuring the current draw from the main supply in case you have any shorts.

Then test the various voltage rails to confirm they are there. 12V, 8V, -6V.

Then check that all the IC's have power to their respective pins (U6, pin 4 and 11 for instance).

There's not much else you can do with the multimeter.

satdaveuk: I'm planning to experiment with the tx frequency and figure it's likely going to effect the -ve voltage level. I also don't like the idea of the entire system reliant on the connection of the Tx coil... then again without a Tx coil connected, the system is useless anyway
                            ha ha lol
                            anythings worth trying for improvement go for it let me know im all ears

Comment

Working...
                            X