Hi guys! Question on how to open bounty hunter detectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys! Question on how to open bounty hunter detectors

Hey everyone! I am new to the forum but i've been metal detecting for the past summer. I have a bounty hunter discovery 1100 which i will be upgrading soon but i would really like to know if there is a non destructive way to open the housing to see if it can be modded. If not i will likely want to sell it but i'd really like to see if there is any way i can improve the design to be more effective. I suspect that there may be something to limit it's effectiveness in order to justify it being a lower model.

If there are no screws on rear side, than i am afraid those are hidden under front panel sticker.
    Than you will have to remove it carefully.

Comment

Check for possible screws in battery department too.

Comment

nope no screws. i was hoping it was press fitted or something but i suspect that they screwed it in before adding on the touch pannel and this would mean it's going to wreck the hell out of it if I try to get it off. hasn't anyone opened a bounty hunter metal detector before? I have seen the odd pick of them disassembled but it seems the electronics/modding community is often pretty distant from the metal detecting community. I may put this project on the back burner since i'm working on a CNC machine but thanks for all of your input! if anyone happened to take appart a BH metal detector and took some pics i'd love to see them so that i can better rip mine appart.

Comment

help

is it the same as the fisher f 2 / 4 series . .

Comment

It looks like a similar assembly method. I've never owned one so I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
            X