TGSL 2 tones ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turtlebowl View Post
    Excellent mod and execution. Thanks for sharing Hugo!
    I wrote SB and mentioned I wanted to build a iron indicator for the TGS and he asked if I had been following your thread. I was pleasantly pleased to find that someone had already done all the work. Even worked out the bugs!
    Thanks again Hugo.
    Has someone here a free version to open and work with .RAR they could PM me?
    I've only express and sprint.
    TB

download 7zip from www.7zip.com

Comment

MD Base and Modules

Hi guys, I spent a good month building a base and various modules of tesoro circuits to plug into the base as a means of studying and comparing the different models disc and all metal variants.
      I am done studying those and have since moved on to other things. They set in my .Lay files if anyone wants to continue and add to the collection.
      This site is truely the best for tinkerers and I personally have benefited greatly here. I would be more than happy to reciprocate and contribute the work I have. My base unit has the TX, RX, 3 Pin socket for choice of 5v or 8v pos reg, 4024 tone and a switch to chose between 4024 and 7660 neg supply. Mpsa13 audio amp and speaker/EP out.

Module sockets are: All Metal, discriminate, aux, and socket for various GB/Disc timers.

Modules so far are: Bandito disc, combo/choice of Eldorado/ Lobo all metal, SS+, a few others

This would be great for beginners to learn on as mentioned by Jerry as well as to compare and swap in/out alternating versions of filters etc.

It would take alot of time to answer questions and manage a thread on a modular Tesoro and I just don't have it (time) but am willing to offer my finished work to get something like that started if someone else has the time to grow it.

Becuase this is sorta off topic from Hugos fine work here let me know if this is something of interest and I'll start a new thread with the base and modules I have completed.
      Best regards, Phil

Comment

Hi Phil,

I certainly like the idea. I think it is a great experimenting tool.

I agree about this forum being the best. I have learned more here than all others forums combined. We are so fortunate to have some really smart people share their experiences and ideas with all of us.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by turtlebowl View Post
          Excellent mod and execution. Thanks for sharing Hugo!
          I wrote SB and mentioned I wanted to build a iron indicator for the TGS and he asked if I had been following your thread. I was pleasantly pleased to find that someone had already done all the work. Even worked out the bugs!
          Thanks again Hugo.
          Has someone here a free version to open and work with .RAR they could PM me?
          I've only express and sprint.
          TB
          And as mentioned, Ivconic's IGSL is the ultimate iron indicator, but bigger project.

-SB

Comment

Mod wiring

Hello,
            Two more photos about the mod.
            The first one shows components to be removed.
            And the second one, the wiring between the PCB, the piggyback board and the DPDT switch.

Note : The G point (don't laugh ! Unwanted joke !) is hidden on the main PCB (1N4148 Anode) under the piggyback board.

Have fun,
            Hugo
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hugo View Post
              I would like to know your point of view about this future PCB.
              1) I can draw a simple PCB connected to the TGSL with wires.
              2) I can also draw a more complex PCB mounted in piggyback above U106 & U107. In this case, the two wires located under the main PCB are no longer needed. The connection will be made on the upper PCB.

What do you prefer ? The first, the second, or both ...
              Hi Hugo
              Great job and very greatful
              Can or did you make your first option simple pcb to TGSL with wires as i have no more depth to play with in my housing construction but i do have lenth to play with if i move the battery supply external which is no problem.
              Many thanks

Comment

@satdaveuk :
                Hi,
                I can draw a new PCB if you wish but you may not experience height trouble if you use this one.
                In fact, The PCB is mounted upsidedown, meaning the maximum height of the TGSL PCB plus the addon will stay about the same.
                Let me know if you really need a new one.
                Regards,
                Hugo

Comment

@satdaveuk :
                  Hi,
                  I can draw a new PCB if you wish but you may not experience height trouble if you use this one.
                  In fact, The PCB is mounted upsidedown, meaning the maximum height of the TGSL PCB plus the addon will stay about the same.
                  Let me know if you really need a new one.
                  Regards,
                  Hugo
                  Ok I will make a PC and see if i can get away with it, let you know how i get on either way
                  Thanks again hugo

Comment

@satdaveuk :

Please find below a standalone PCB.
                    I haven't test it so double check before doing it.
                    Have fun,
                    Hugo
                    Attached Files

Comment

@satdaveuk :

Please find below a standalone PCB.
                      I haven't test it so double check before doing it.
                      Have fun,
                      Hugo
                      Hi Hugo
                      Thanks for that your very helpful.
                      Do you or anybody on here know how i can turn your PCB into black tracks and white background so to be able to make PCB, I used to be able to do it but cant remember how.
                      If not I can draw one because you have done the horse work on it.
                      Thanks in advance
                      Regards

Comment

@satdaveuk:
                        If you are talking about my PCBs, I can do that for you or send you the .LAY files.
                        Just let me know.
                        Regards,
                        Hugo

Comment

satdaveuk. just in case you have not used .LAY files before, you can view and print any layer with a small program called viewlayout.50. Just google that and download.

Good luck,

Jerry

Comment

Hugo, can you post that .Lay here? I use the Sprint program as well.
                            Phil M

Comment

Here is the LAY files of my PCBs.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                                satdaveuk. just in case you have not used .LAY files before, you can view and print any layer with a small program called viewlayout.50. Just google that and download.

Good luck,

Jerry
                                Thanks Jerry
                                Im downloading it now
                                Many thanks
                                Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X