sonar wiz 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sonar wiz 5

Would the sonarwiz program be able to be used with the Burton side scan unit?

I have looked on the cheaspeak website and it lists all sonar units such as yellow fin etc but not the Burton machine, which uses slg files.

Could this type of program be cconverted by some of you clevor fellows?

Or is there anything NEW appearing that may do the job.

Cheers

Jeff

I think there are a converter for the files, to convert to xtf.
    That way you can process the files in SonarWiz.
    SonarWiz 5 even support hi-resolution (are able to use the full pixel capacity stored in the xtf)

Comment

Hello,
      write an E-Mail to the Guys from Chesapeake and ask for the adaption of the Burton, or use the way that Glennk recommend.

We use SonarWiz since several years with success.

Cheers Piebook

Comment

Software for Burton Sidescan sonar SLG files

Hi diverelvis,

SonarTRX is a lower cost option, and currently supports SLG files (Lowrance-compatible).

The SLG files are currently processed and displayed, as if the data is from a down-facing transducer. With a minor code change, I can make it treat the data as a starboard or port sidescan channel - so it can be used for the Burton Sidescan Sonar.

If you are interested in a trial, please send me an email.

Tore
        [email protected]
        www.sonartrx.com
        Last edited by SonarTRX; 07-18-2012, 07:31 PM. Reason: Elaborate - Provide link

Comment

Comment

sonytrx trial

I have just downloaded the free trial and looking forward to seeing what happens when I load my scan onto it-fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
            X