Flux removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flux removal

how can i remove the extra flux from my PCB?!
    acetone and alcohol?
    Attached Files

you are strange if use the active flux for PCB. if you are a beginner in electronics - ASK BEFORE soldering, not after you have got the trouble.

use special aerosol flux remover.

Comment

that this is bad?!
      but it helps allot in soldering
      what is the side effect if i don't remove it?

Comment

very bad idea to use this flux for pcb. an active flux is conductive because has an acid.
        look around flux remover and dry dry dry. I use similar flux but ONLY for soldering of steel pins of connectors, NOWHERE MORE. who give you this idiotic idea to use active flux for PCB?

Comment

the casing says (exempte d'acide pour) i translated it and it means free from acid
          and it not conductive
          am i safe? is the PCB ok?!
          it also says for soldering and tinning
          i'm freaking out !!!!

Comment

you are freak. you believe everything you read around. zombi eah? if free of acid WHAT is ACTIVE component there is? air? water? alcohol?

Comment

there is no such thing as acid free flux?!

Comment

Originally posted by eessoo View Post
                i did another one but with the same problem
                and U6 get a little hot
                how can i test it to find the problem?
                WHO wrote this? your PCB is ALL fluxed
                WHO SUGGESTED YOU TO USE THE ACTIVE FLUX?

Comment

@eessoo :

You better use a flux remover like http://kontaktspray.com/en/?Products..._board_cleaner
                  or even spirits of turpentine with a toothbrush.
                  Regards,
                  Hugo

Comment

Don't panic
                    There are lots of different composition of fluxes. Some of them contain free acids like hydrochloric acid (very corrosive used in plumbing) Other milder ones are made from rosin with an activator added. These activators can be mild organic acids or halides or compounds that decompose to acids on heating e.g.ammonium chloride. The one you are using looks like a rosin based compound probably with an activator added so the label is probably strictly correct n that it doesnt contain a free acid. I have used something similar on boards where a slight conductivity doesnt matter. It is good practice to clean the boards afterwards anyway even the non conductive fluxes tend to leave the board a bit sticky. I use Isopropol alcohol, paint ,thinners, WD40. what ever does the job. You will sometimes find that you need to use an activated flux (a bad joint is a bigger problem than having to clean flux off the board.
                    Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by kt315 View Post
                      WHO wrote this? your PCB is ALL fluxed
                      WHO SUGGESTED YOU TO USE THE ACTIVE FLUX?
                      i made a mistake, i thought this stuff prevents dry joints and keeps the PCB clean
                      here is the flux i used http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/...showimage.html

Comment

It is very important that you get it all off, because your circuit will not function properly. I spray a good amount of flux on my boards and scrub it off with a toothbrush. While the board is still wet with flux remover, rinse under tap water and use a seperate clean paint brush to flush off all remover. If board is abit sticky or flux still showing, clean again and dry the board thoroughly. I hope this helps.

Comment

I'm not at all into using such flux, but some people here swear to it. Chemelec preferes a solder with such flux because he wants his boards squeaky clean and he washes them in water when he is done.
                          If you don't trust tap water with your pcb, you can use distilled water instead - it is a better solvent anyway.

Comment

i used alcohol and tooth brush to remove it and it worked!
                            here is the picture Before and After cleaning
                            i think i will get some distilled water Just to make sure it's clean
                            thanks guys
                            Attached Files

Comment

take a colophony and dissolve it in 95% alcohol. you will get a best flux for any soldering.

Comment

Working...
                              X