Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sovereign question for Sean Goddard

Hi Sean,

I have both the GT and the elite. Same problem on both machines. Sometimes not always when you scan a target, there is a sudden rise in tone much higher then normal. So you have a solid repeatable signal and then it spikes and returns to normal. Both units do the identical thing. It does this in all modes and both frequencies. I know you are very knowledgable with the Sovereign series. Was hoping for a little guidance.

Bob

Bor, what batts you use? state native rechargeable or alkaline?

Comment

I knew someone would ask about the batteries. It does not matter what type. It is not the same sound as when the battery is about to crap out. Freshly charged batteries in each machine. It's hard to explain but a pitch rise when over the target. Similar to an overloaded signal. Intermittant, does not happen all the time.

Thanks

Comment

while I have and use Elite there may be a problem I told in another thread.
        why I asked... Freshly charged - MINELAB'S ACCUMULATOR or what you use?

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18380

can I use your post in my offer? mine english is VERY poor to tell rightly about the problem so I need in a good description of the problem...

Comment

I had a problem something like this when the ground wire was coming detached from the static shield inside the coil on my Sovereign.

Comment

Dope Dave it's not that. I have tried replacing the threshold and sensitivity pots but the problem still persists.

Thanks!

Bob

Comment

I did set a converter and the problem went out. there is not a magic. can you measure a voltage of your fully charged battery? how much years your battery works? have you try to use Nickel-Zinc batts 1.6V?

Comment

Ok I may have to eat my words. It does seem to be a battery problem. With freshly charged batteries both units work fine. As the battery starts to drain down the problem surfaces. The batteries were still around 12 volts when the trouble started. I have never seen this before with the older model sovereigns, couldn't believe it could happen.

KT315 I looked at your fix. Are you selling these? I also send you a PM. Oh by the way to answer your question I make my own pacs from AAA 1.2Nimh cells. Using 10 cells but now have added 1 more to my pacs to keep the voltage up a little more. So instaed of 12 I'm at 13.2 volts.

Thanks all for your help.....If I wasn't such a thick headed ******* I would have found it sooner..

Bob

Comment

Working...
                X