i´ve seen a detector named crossbow classic pi
    not sure but there is a german website
    so can anybody tell me who build this md and how this detector performs
    i suspect it is somebody from this forum who build this md

regards
    I've sent you a PM.

Comment

thx for quick answer so early this morning

i would recommend to everybody who you sell something to make a short video for youtube (1 till 2 min) to show function and performance
      an write some specs down
      and the thing would roll on

im interested but for no information the risk is to high
      i exspect something very good

would help with a viral marketing posting on a german forum

regards

Comment

Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
        thx for quick answer so early this morning

i would recommend to everybody who you sell something to make a short video for youtube (1 till 2 min) to show function and performance
        an write some specs down
        and the thing would roll on

im interested but for no information the risk is to high
        i exspect something very good

would help with a viral marketing posting on a german forum

regards

look here

http://www.silverdog.co.uk/shop/index.php

Ask Andy for info, think you can trust his opinion...

Comment

The Crossbow classic is a fantastic detector,built quality is superb and just mounting it on a new straight shaft from rods_by_plugger and then it will be finished

Comment

Originally posted by Mega B View Post
            The Crossbow classic is a fantastic detector,built quality is superb and just mounting it on a new straight shaft from rods_by_plugger and then it will be finished
            How do you know that the "fantastic detector" when you have not tried it because of the rain...
            http://www.findmall.com/read.php?34,1850714 ???

Comment

Because i have been out this last few days thats why and out all day tomorrow,i do tests on the detector and all though it has rained as you have highlighted i can get out when ever i like thank you.ok

Comment

Tell us some information about the detection: that the coil, object, air or ground, if you lose the depth of the wet soil (increased delay), etc...?

Comment

I understand that one of the frequent Geotech1 forum contributors is gearing up to offer Crossbow Classic PCB's. But since I don't know what his schedule is I'll let him make the announcement if and when he's ready. In addition to the reputed good performance I really like the looks of this thing and I hope the control box is an off the shelf commercially available item.

-Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_T View Post
                    I understand that one of the frequent Geotech1 forum contributors is gearing up to offer Crossbow Classic PCB's. But since I don't know what his schedule is I'll let him make the announcement if and when he's ready. In addition to the reputed good performance I really like the looks of this thing and I hope the control box is an off the shelf commercially available item.

-Bob
                    No Bob, not gearing up to offer the Crossbow PCB's, just had 5 made and an offered a couple to others experiment with. This is only happening because of the generosity of the orig. designer and builder. Because I could not buy
                    obtain one of the 12 built. Not sure if he wants to, or needs get involved or has the time to get involved in any discussions regarding the CB. I would not want to see him burdened having to. It's a past project.....
                    I have no intentions of going into any commercial production of PCB's. What I may offer, is my PI PCB's if I have some more made. Which is just a modified Hammerhead design to my specific hunting style. Other than that please everyone continue to build Hammerheads, Legends, Surfmaster..... PI's.
                    This is just a hobby for me like many others

Comment

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the clarification and I'm sorry for the confusion. I was trying not not to create confusion but I misunderstood the situation and failed! The confusion was due to my own misunderstanding, it's all on me and you certainly had no role in it.

Regards,

- Bob

Comment

I think the Crossbow Classic is an interesting detector and I hope I haven't managed to kill the discussion of it.

- Bob

Comment

I think the Crossbow Classic is an interesting detector and I hope I haven't managed to kill the discussion of it.

- Bob
                          Bob you did not kill discussion... but Mega B can not explain: "The Crossbow classic is a fantastic detector"...
                          Best regards.

Comment

I am a user of the Crossbow Classic machine but I am a detectorist and not an electronics enthusiast as many on this board. I managed like several other detectorists to get hold of one of the original batch and have number 10. I know were many of these machines went and have had discussions with many of the owners including Mega B, one of them recently sold on his machine and now openly regrets doing it but of course getting hold of another one is not going to be easy as the other users I know are not parting with theirs.

I use it for detecting British wet sand beaches and have had good success with the machine, it does its job and I managed to get a gold ring out the first time I used it. I have been using PI detectors since I bought a Goldscan II in the 1990's and got hooked on PI machines my backup machine is a Whites Surfmaster PI machine and the Crossbow far outperforms it on the wet sand.

I am not going to get into any long winded technical discussion on the machine only to say that I as a long time user of PI machines I for one am very happy with its performance.

Regards Ray

Comment

-Bob
                              This is breaking news New rev "C" Crossbow PCB may be available if Sven can get enough interest. Contact him.

Comment

Working...
                              X