Surf PI Teething problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf PI Teething problems

Hi there. I have built up my Silverdog kit and been unable to get any noise from it, so resorted to checking the forums and trying to work it out myself.

The coil is being fired, I can zero the offset.
    The signal into pin 8 of the 14093 shows a pulse with a flyback, the decay of which is tuneable with the delay pot. However TP1 is showing -5V. Given the only -5V source around that part of the circuit is into pin 7 of the 14093, I'm deducing that chip is dead.

Can anyone concur that please?

Many thanks.

Post a good photo of the build - maybe a silly on assembly? Are both wire links in! Are the electrolytics all the correct way.

mine worked ok. Bit filddly to set up with no scope or knowledge of PI stuff - just worked the pots waving a target and got the best combo of pot positions.

S

Comment

Thanks for getting in touch,I've attached the picture, pretty confident it's together ok.

To be honest, the kit has been on the shelf for months, but I put it together at the last minute before heading off to the beach with the kids, if it wasn't a bank holiday I'd have just ordered spare parts up from RS.

I've checked it with a scope, which is how I've got as far as U4C before questioning its output.

Si
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you get your surf working in the end?
        Was it that chip?
        Mine has been working fine then stopped for no reason.
        I too am getting flyback on the scope etc, I am also getting -5v at TP1
        I can zero the ofset as well
        I have exhausted every avenue to my ability
        Mark

Comment

Note the IC7660. View post #69 http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...t=17396&page=3

Comment

There is no jumper on the right and left side of Q1, check that!

Comment

Sorry, no jumpers next Q2.

Comment

Finlay those jumpers are already on the pcb under the paint
                Here is a document if you need to understand how this model works, the pdf is related to the original Whites Surfmaster schematic
                good luck
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X