complete project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pelanj View Post
    I have heard from a TM808 user that when you tilt the front coil closer to the ground, it would react on small objects to some 10 cm depth. Which is what the hoard hunters usualy do not want.

You are right about the iron box, but usually you find silver coins in either leather pouches or ceramic pots here. Not that I have found one myslelf, but I have seen a few reports of these finds.
    This is interesting and shows that one must know the purpose of a detector to be able to design it.

There are several ways to reduce sensitivity to small objects, while maintaining sensitivity to larger objects. It seems that a controlled size definition would be an improvement to the 2box type detectors.

Interesting.

Are there any 2box user on this forum?

Can they supply more information about the use and problems of 2box detectors?

Tinkerer

Comment

• Hi Tinkerer, great thread and potential to be the best so far.

Have been following most of your great work and Pauls also.

For a detector with so many variables for individual needs is very hard to implement as a standard unit.

I believe that a module type or mother board type is very difficult to produce and may introduce local and external interference. Consider that some adjustments will probably be needed to be done and modular type can cause more headeches than its worth in doing so.

Best option would be a compromise for all as a final circuit to suit most peoples needs and made on a single Pcb board type. A few versions would be ideal.

Just so you understand what i would prefer.....mainly is a stable detector on harsh mineral ground with some form of GB and as powerful as possible. 24 volts sounds ideal.

I say get back on to the initial topic and not get sidetracked with exotic functions as the 2 box system a.t.m.

More than happy to help if either we decide on a modular type. Have some suggestions that may make it easier to produce though.

Cheers Sido

Comment

• Hi I think the module idea was only meant as a development tool so that different ideas and topologies could be tried until the required outcomes were achieved then the idea was to put the optimized design onto one or two boards at least that is what we are working toward on the GG project it consists of a processor board a development of Moodz UNI-PI the GGRX board the TEM-TX board and a power-supply the prototypes boards have been made and are in the stage of smoke testing at present once we are happy with the outcomes we will try to put it all on one board but there is still a lot of work to do optimising the audio and ground balance regimes before this happens.

Regards, Ian.

Comment

• Hi Ian,

i should have made myself clear what i meant of the module type, i was referring to the stacked module type side by side. In other words pcb modules mounted vertical to each other and connected to a main horizontal pcb board. I see the confusion.

Yes, you are right that the method being approached now with optimizing each stages is the only way to go. Gathering the best of all circuit stages and layed flat will allow for easy changes and adjustments to be made if need to be, then a final single board can be made when all bugs are ironed out.

I believe i saw a circuit from Tinkerer with a very basic manual ground balance. Similar approach to the M/L SD2000's system. If auto cannot be achieved then a manual G/B will be sufficient. Maybe running a second Pic chip dedicated in processing auto G/B??

I still like the higher TX voltage approach. If it saturates the ground with a larger signal and is able avoid instability to the receive circuits and also be able to G/B to some point, then i say that is a great achievement.

Remember Eric Foster's Goldscan 4 or 5 version had the issue of ground minerals interfering and swamping the detector which made it unusable in harsh soils. Even when the TX voltage was upped by Eric to 24 volts, it made no difference. if not worse.

I so much want to build these module circuits to add further input here, but most of me test gear and electronic parts have been placed in storage for now. Renovations have put me on hold, but this weekend i will dig out me other computer desk and dedicate it just to this project.

Regards Sid

Comment

• In regards to the audio circuit.

Can a modified SD audio stage be sufficient? They seam smooth and represent the true audio output.

A smooth threshold and not the click type would be ideal. I think the click type lacks in performance and mostly is annoying.

Adding a clipping circuit is a must, on board or ext. user adjustable would be ideal.

Regards Sid

Comment

• Forgot to mention that Paul's UNIPI chip has a dedicated audio output with user frequency adjustment. Maybe we should work on the rest of the audio circuit based on that.

Regards Sid

Comment

• Originally posted by sido View Post
                Forgot to mention that Paul's UNIPI chip has a dedicated audio output with user frequency adjustment. Maybe we should work on the rest of the audio circuit based on that.

Regards Sid
                Hi Sid,

thanks for the feedback.

could you post the circuits you are talking about? It would be a great help.

What and how is the SD audio circuit?

Which Tinkerer GB are you talking about?

The UNIPI and the Tinkerers circuits are mostly meant for experimenting and tinkering with a great multitude of variables. This can be very interesting to the experts and engineers familiar with the art.

I realize that there might be many others who would prefer to see a basic version of the detector, just to try the new technology.

If there is sufficient interest in it, I could be convinced to design a very simple, basic version and let somebody distribute it in kit version, including a pre programmed PIC.

Tinkerer

Comment

• Hi Tinkerer, i am referring to the below circuit.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• And this circuit done by yourself might work as a manual G/B.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Tinkerer, the last attachment is not clear, but is one of your circuit designs forgotten among many of your previous designs.

Yes a all rounder simple design would be ideal for the majority, but without a decent G/B, well here in Australia will become unusable, maybe ok at the beach, but on land will not work.

The audio circuit from the Sd2000 could possibly be simplified if using Paul's audio output pin of the UNIPI. In fact i remember Paul saying that the audio pitch increases in frequency with respect to target strength......

Regards Sid

Comment

• Got to get my desk/bench set up again to build the sub circuits. Have most parts at hand, just no room.

Regards Sid

Comment

• Hi Sido,

With Tinkerers permission I could do a set of our prototype boards for you as I have all the art work and transfer envelopes for printing to Kalex Photo board only downside is they don't have vias so you have to solder links in if you want to send me 3 Kalex 150 x 100 D/Sided boards I will print and etch them for you all you will have to do is drill them the fourth board the Power-Supply is currently being laid out I am in S.A. so not that far away and being retired I have the time to play.

I also run a much modified SD2000M.

Regards, Ian.

Comment

• Hi Ian, thank you for the generous offer, will take that up with you pending Tinkerer's approval.

I had a look on the net and found a reasonable priced supplier in Melbourne i think. Asking price for that size board around $5.00 each.

Not an issue with creating my own vias. Just wanting to know, will i receive the overlay parts placement documents if created or would i have to figure it out by comparing the schematic with the board......i am assuming there will be no solder mask.

How far off is the power supply PCB? Would most likely wait for that too.

Tomorrow i am digging out all my electronic parts and equipment, from storage, shed, garage etc. Got parts all over the place., so unorganized due to reno's.

Thanks again, all of this pending permission.

Regards Sid

Comment

• Originally posted by IBGold View Post
                              Hi Sido,

With Tinkerers permission I could do a set of our prototype boards for you as I have all the art work and transfer envelopes for printing to Kalex Photo board only downside is they don't have vias so you have to solder links in if you want to send me 3 Kalex 150 x 100 D/Sided boards I will print and etch them for you all you will have to do is drill them the fourth board the Power-Supply is currently being laid out I am in S.A. so not that far away and being retired I have the time to play.

I also run a much modified SD2000M.

Regards, Ian.
                              Hi Ian,

of course you have my permission to make all the prototype boards you want.

I the next days I will also post the schematics and HEX files for a very SIMPLE BASIC detector, it comes in 2 versions:

The TINKERERS_SB-NM, for NON-MOTION or static detection.

And the TINKERERS_SB-M, for the MOTION detector.

The TINKERERS_SB's still go very deep and are very sensitive, but the FE discrimination is less perfect. They have a very simple GB, with just a 20 turn pot.

All the best

Tinkerer

Comment

• Thanks Tinkerer it will be interesting to see your basic design
                                thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                                X