X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That should be...
    ...did you accept.......

Is "Edit" turned off?

Edit: I now see it isn't...I must have logged out and not realized it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bugwhiskers View Post
      Patches Junior,

It's time for you to post the link that shows the "components too close together and causing harmonics"
      It's also time to post the link to prove your claim that "four layer boards cause harmonics"
      I still have the three screenshots of the wager you made before and after you edited the post . Just say the word and I will post them.
      Nothing Patches Junior, has EVER posted about the QED has ANY any basis in fact!
      dougAEGPF

Comment

• Originally posted by dougAEGPF View Post
        Nothing Patches Junior, has EVER posted about the QED has ANY any basis in fact!
        dougAEGPF

Comment

• [QUOTE=bugwhiskers;152938]Patches Junior,

It's time for you to post the link that shows the "components too close together and causing harmonics"
          It's also time to post the link to prove your claim that "four layer boards cause harmonics"

Patches Junior has never seen a QED in the flesh.
          He has never been present during any bench testing of the QED or has any of the bench testing data!
          He no access to any spice or other modeling data for the QED.
          He has never used a QED in the goldfields or ever been present during other field tests.
          He does not have the circuit layout for the later Rev QED's
          He does not know what kind of boards are currently being used in the QED!
          He does not know or have any access to the MC codes of the QED!
          So what does Patches Junior know about the QED?
          Answer: almost nothing!
          Apart from the above he simply lacks the skills or the knowledge to make any informed or worthwhile comments on the QED!
          He has been invited to join my forum and substantiate his assertions about he QED but has declined. That should tell you something!
          dougAEGPF

Comment

• The whole thread has degenerated into a covert attack on personalities.
            A well known heckler with a well known agenda has been granted license to say whatever suits that agenda without substantiation or intervention.
            As a consequence, this is my last post.

Comment

• Originally posted by bugwhiskers View Post
              The whole thread has degenerated into a covert attack on personalities.
              A well known heckler with a well known agenda has been granted license to say whatever suits that agenda without substantiation or intervention.
              As a consequence, this is my last post.
              Hate to see ya go Bugs, you were a lot of fun my friend. But look at it this way.....

Now you have more time to get the QED finished and on the market!!! Good on ya!!

Comment

• Hey!!!! You forgot your cat !!

Comment

• Did you guys get any useful technical information from the QED bashers?
                  (except bashing, denigrating, pushing their hidden agenda, etc.)

Even Carl is so much biased, that he isn't going to talk the technical side of the schematics. Its probably going so far, that the QED is possibly threatening a TDI in the future. (Sorry Carl, but your hidden agenda is so obvious to me.)

Sadly, that a lot of interested members can't get answered their technical questions now.

Cheers,
                  Aziz

Comment

• World is large enough, there is a place enough for all md brands and models.
                    If QED is good enough it will find it's place, as well as TDI.
                    This reminds me to point again on one huge mistake usual at major manufacturers strategy.
                    I think i mentioned that in the past too, also i think i suggested that to Carl and few others via email.
                    It is unconcerned attitude at major md manufacturers upon "small" countries and their "small" markets.
                    What a mistake! They lost millions already, because of such wrong attitude.
                    25 years i am in this and so far i think i became able to realize and recon these things.
                    Huge percentage of those models were sold and "imported" in local markets without papers. Therefore no warranty, no service, no customer support etc...
                    Many of such owners would like to buy additional accessory, extra coil, this and that, if there was a legal local supplier, servicer, shop etc...
                    Being unable to easy obtain desired accessory, those owners are selling their desired model and turns to something cheaper. That's how homebrews rised.
                    Or if not selling (due some damage) than those detectors are forgiven away at some cellar or loft.
                    Often i meet demands for original new coil, cable, connector, shaft etc...
                    So you can only imagine how much of stock would be sold if there were official dealers, agents and local customer supports in the past.
                    Such stupid attitude at major md manufacturers is actually "boomerang" that returns back to them.
                    Must say that up from recently XP is the very FIRST one that appeared officially at local market with nice customer support.
                    Because of splendid quality of their products and because of the fact that they came officially here - huge majority of local customers are fast turning to their products already.
                    So as i recon; other manufacturers has NOTHING to do here anymore, unless they offer same or better quality and competitive prices.
                    And all the guilt is their. Because i proposed to many of them same thing many times in the past.
                    Once i sent to Carl email with same proposition. Same i did with Tesoro.
                    At least Carl answered me. Tesoro didn't yet!
                    Garrett already made a step forward in nearest country here, so "there was no need to come here too".
                    So... that's reason why homebrews are coming so "easy" here and at others "small" markets.
                    Simply because strategy at major md manufacturers is stupid and blind.
                    So with this post i think i also gave good guidelines to QED manufacturer too.
                    If your product is good, form descent price and come here legally. Offer full customer support and service. Offer accessories.
                    There is enough place for every good product. And always will be enough customers to pay for that.
                    Detectors are not law prohibited here. Those can be selled and owned. Those even can be used in and under certain conditions. So there is no legal obstacle to come here.
                    And what also i noticed, very interesting, is that; as more people gets poor - more they are ready to turn to luck&destiny chasing, buying detector and try to find something precious.
                    So there is a future for metal detectors, all kinds.
                    QED too, of course.
                    Cheers!

Comment

• Bugwhiskers,

sell or give the damn thing to the Chinese! The freakin detector market needs a total flood and adjustment. For the benefit of all.
                      Aziz

Comment

• Originally posted by Aziz View Post
                        Bugwhiskers,

sell or give the damn thing to the Chinese! The freakin detector market needs a total flood and adjustment. For the benefit of all.
                        Aziz
                        It's not good advice.
                        I would suggest him to collect enough money and to start producing them.
                        Than to come to "small" markets and sell them WITH FULL customer support, warranty and service.
                        Unfortunately "shallow" PI detectors are not very popular here.
                        VLF/IB's are still most popular. PI's are desired only if those are very "deep" and having some "discrimination" ...so ...so.
                        Minelab's SD/GP/GPX models are not sold much here. Mostly because of their very hot prices, but also because there is no LEGAL Minelab dealer here.
                        So...

Comment

• Well,

I don't have enough money to manufacture, distribute and service a product. Nobody of the small burners & backyarders have it or can risk it either. You need a lot of money guys.

But if you want to change something (for the benefit of all), and the detector market is a freakin and f$kin market, giving the technology to the Chinese is a good option IMHO. They are quick, cheap and fighting against the monopoly agressively.

Hey, it would be the first time, they wouldn't have to copy a product either!!!

I'm for flooding the detector market. Because, f$kin it is required now.
                          Aziz

Comment

Well,

I don't have enough money to manufacture, distribute and service a product. Nobody of the small burners & backyarders have it or can risk it either. You need a lot of money guys.

But if you want to change something (for the benefit of all), and the detector market is a freakin and f$kin market, giving the technology to the Chinese is a good option IMHO. They are quick, cheap and fighting against the monopoly agressively.

Aziz

Aziz i agree with you at most points.
                            Now you also know the reason why i never actually became serious md manufacturer too.
                            Money! It's all about money for starting up.
                            It need HUGE money to cover all the aspects of one serious production.
                            But than; i had very good will to welcome here some of "fat fish" manufacturers.
                            I have certain knowledge, certain experience, very nice location, descent estate, space, and most of all; i had very good will to put enormous effort to support forming and starting of such business.
                            I didn't want plain "dealer" status, because it is stupid.
                            I wanted to attract major manufacturer to come here and form secondary production line, to employ local experts, to establish all the conditions as those are having at their origin.
                            Why? Cheaper jobs makes cheaper products! Sweet and easy!
                            But so far no one of those ever answered me.
                            In meantime i lost any enthusiasm and this year i am switching to something much different.
                            I am giving up finally from all the md monkey business.
                            So... money, money and nothing but the money.
                            Cheers!

Comment

Well,

Aziz
                              If you sold your worlds best ground balance to some detector company you might have enough money to give to Bugs! Ever think of That?

Comment

• Originally posted by PATCHES JUNIOR View Post
                                If you sold your worlds best ground balance to some detector company you might have enough money to give to Bugs! Ever think of That?
                                You know PJ,

I have ULTIMATE MASSIVE HARMONICS(c)(tm)(r) problems and can't sell it.
                                Oh man!, I need your expert skill urgently.

Aziz

Comment

Working...
                                X