Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual settings for deepest approach, must say. Ok, it depend on targets you are searching, maybe suit to gold nuggets. I am interesting in best setting for small gold nuggets on heavy terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by WM6 View Post
      Unusual settings for deepest approach, must say. Ok, it depend on targets you are searching, maybe suit to gold nuggets. I am interesting in best setting for small gold nuggets on heavy terrain.
      My most desired targets are coins and similar small stuff.
      I don't chase "ultra" depths nor i ever did in my life.
      Most of the precious coins were founded on very shallow depths, as i heard so far from majority of hobbyists.
      Most recently a friend discovered very valuable gold coin at barely 2cm depth!
      With Deus, of course!
      Coin was located in a dirt, heavily masked with strong mineral and iron particles.
      At that very same location, last 20 years, passed hundreds of various md models.
      Many of those were indeed ultra deep. So?
      None of those discovered that coin so far.
      And according to my friend; at that very spot was obvious that there were lot of previous digging. Hole by hole, everywhere.
      Similar situation was justified so many times in the past.
      Huge majority of precious finds were discovered at very shallow depths and usually on places which were very detailed searched before.
      So that's why i do respect machines like Deus (not the only one, luckily there are few other nice models too). Those are deep, but what's more important; those are very "clear" in response to heavily masked precious items.
      Fast recovery, good disc, good gb, deep and extra sensitive to small items.
      So i think RiverRat's adjustments will make some sense.
      Anyway i am planing to test those for sure.

Comment

Superb! Bravo Rivers Rat!
        Just returned from forest. Searched 2-3 hours with adjustments you suggested.
        Founded one ring, one silver coin and dozen lead chunks. Also few large irons (knife and few other pieces).
        Indeed "Thames Pro" is superb!
        I think i also discovered why at my Deus i was unable to lower Disc to "0" (zero).
        I replaced "Wet Beach" with "Thames Pro" in memory. Yet i haven't payed attention on GB adjustment. GB yet remained in "Beach" mode, left from "Wet Beach"!
        Now, switched again to Manual, i got ability to adjust it manually, but also i can lower Disc now to zero!
        Thames Pro is superb! I like it!
        Ultra sharp response and increased depth (somehow...?)!!!
        From now on it will stay as my main working mode along with GMP!
        Thanks again!
        Cheers!

Comment

Great news. Hope RR will give us best Deus nugget setting for heavy soil too.

Comment

Originally posted by ivconic View Post

Superb! Bravo Rivers Rat!
            Just returned from forest. Searched 2-3 hours with adjustments you suggested.
            Founded one ring, one silver coin and dozen lead chunks. Also few large irons (knife and few other pieces).
            Indeed "Thames Pro" is superb!
            I think i also discovered why at my Deus i was unable to lower Disc to "0" (zero).
            I replaced "Wet Beach" with "Thames Pro" in memory. Yet i haven't payed attention on GB adjustment. GB yet remained in "Beach" mode, left from "Wet Beach"!
            Now, switched again to Manual, i got ability to adjust it manually, but also i can lower Disc now to zero!
            Thames Pro is superb! I like it!
            Ultra sharp response and increased depth (somehow...?)!!!
            From now on it will stay as my main working mode along with GMP!
            Thanks again!
            Cheers!

Gb is one of the most setting to get right on you deus!!!!!!!!!!!thats the deus we ve using to boost other machine sby using the stones conductivity(mineralized pottery)

RR

Comment

One of my friend using that setting pick up a sesterce at 35 cm okay it was a big coin but the soil was hard as stone................but the estwing prevailed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RR

Comment

Originally posted by WM6 View Post
                Great news. Hope RR will give us best Deus nugget setting for heavy soil too.

Try the last setting i put on the board..............new "options" will be out by the end of the year i heard about the reactivity 8.............and a prospecting mode like the xterra 705.............if it is the case gold almighty we gonna have a GPX merged with a deus.......rumors.....................

RR

Comment

Originally posted by Rivers rat View Post
                  Try the last setting i put on the board..............new "options" will be out by the end of the year i heard about the reactivity 8.............and a prospecting mode like the xterra 705.............if it is the case gold almighty we gonna have a GPX merged with a deus.......rumors.....................

RR

Comment

Wont need to buy a vista gold in 25khzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RR

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...6PEhAao#at=806

Christmas is coming.............

RR

Comment

This is nice article:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mick and Julie Turrell came to our last club meeting, they brought a range of detectors for us to play with including the new ctx3030

Although the gps plotting and tone control on the ctx is very nice, it is heavy and ugly, it is no doubt a very powerful machine but no more so than the Deus and recovery time is still not as quick

Mick's tell tell quote from the night was, the last 100 top detectors he sold have been 2 ctx's and 98 Deus, no other top end machines from other manufacturers - and that includes the rush of sales for the new ctx !

Another tip, if you buy another Deus coil, you can pair one coil to your headphones and another coil to the control box, plug some headphones into the control box and you have 2 Deus

Comment

Originally posted by silverdog View Post
                            Mick and Julie Turrell came to our last club meeting, they brought a range of detectors for us to play with including the new ctx3030

Although the gps plotting and tone control on the ctx is very nice, it is heavy and ugly, it is no doubt a very powerful machine but no more so than the Deus and recovery time is still not as quick

Mick's tell tell quote from the night was, the last 100 top detectors he sold have been 2 ctx's and 98 Deus, no other top end machines from other manufacturers - and that includes the rush of sales for the new ctx !

Another tip, if you buy another Deus coil, you can pair one coil to your headphones and another coil to the control box, plug some headphones into the control box and you have 2 Deus

Yes, i already done that.
                            I "splitted" Deus complet on two, with one friend: i took smaller coil, remote, stem, charger, carry bag and he took larger coil, another stem,earphones and another charger.
                            We even worked one near another on the field.
                            Same program, same frequency, no problems and interferences up from 5m distance from each other.
                            Only limit is in some expert options that he can not apply via earphones.
                            So we meet once per month, i do apply changes at adjustments and we transfer those from remote to earphones.
                            Once in month we do exchange coils , in case the one of us need specific coil for some task.
                            We both are planing to obtain the rest of accessories and complete both "Deus"es in time, when financial situation allows that.
                            So there is how we done.
                            About CTX3030; i don't want to sound sarcastic, i am HUGE Minelab fan anyway, but CTX3030 is a bit disappointing to me.
                            Looks like it is Explorer platform upgraded with few funny features.
                            Price of 2500e is way to much! That's why most of Minelab fans will think twice before decide to buy.
                            Because Deus is superior and with lower price.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdog View Post
                              Of course you do have to remember that Mick has been selling the Deus for about 2 years, and the CTX has only recently been released.

Comment

Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
                                Of course you do have to remember that Mick has been selling the Deus for about 2 years, and the CTX has only recently been released.
                                Very true, the point was someone who is upgrading comes in the shop, has a look at a few top end machines and invariably walks out with the Deus

Why ? it is as good if not better than other top end machines, lighter, neat fold up design, wireless headphones included. Against the ctx303 , maybe less features but £800 cheaper

Whichever manufacturer is next to release a top end machine will have a hard task to take sales from the Deus - it had better be light, fast, wireless and no dearer

I'm not promoting the Deus, I don't have one - but maybe one day

Comment

Working...
                                X