LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1951  
Old 01-03-2018, 11:35 AM
FrancoItaly FrancoItaly is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Liguria, Italy
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixelll View Post
Thanks c10 should also be set to l1?
in my lrl works well in the range:
for L1 2 or 3 turns
for C10 from nothing (there is always the parasitic capacitance base/emitter of TR2) to 33pf
(that's 10 or 15 or 22 or 33pF)
Reply With Quote
  #1952  
Old 01-05-2018, 08:18 AM
HaFar2010 HaFar2010 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Default

Hello
Dear All.
In 8Mhz version, i can't find D1 and D2 (1N414P). Please introduce an alternative.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #1953  
Old 01-05-2018, 10:08 AM
abdou2014 abdou2014 is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 420
Default

1N4148 not 1N414P
Reply With Quote
  #1954  
Old 01-05-2018, 10:16 AM
HaFar2010 HaFar2010 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Default

Thanks my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #1955  
Old 01-26-2018, 10:43 PM
sakher sakher is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 27
Default

hello Mr.franco
Should we take into consideration the Frequency of the erea and set the device frequency?

http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...1&d=1395622350
Reply With Quote
  #1956  
Old 01-27-2018, 11:39 AM
FrancoItaly FrancoItaly is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Liguria, Italy
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakher View Post
hello Mr.franco
Should we take into consideration the Frequency of the erea and set the device frequency?

http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...1&d=1395622350
I cannot help you, there is no particular frequency of operation, my lrl works in the FM range, about 90 - 130Mhz but it is not linked to any radio broadcaster, Esteban said that even an FM receiver (not tuned to any station) could work as lrl.
Reply With Quote
  #1957  
Old 01-31-2018, 01:37 PM
darkman's Avatar
darkman darkman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 19
Question

HI ALL ,,
what is the best antenna for good resort ? coz my lrl
does not respond to the test field .
note : my
test field is a gold ring 14k , 2 grams , 30cm depth , 2 years .
output 5.355 vdc ,
respond to mobile signal , when i touch antenna the output = 5.325 .
i used 0.5pf
In a place C2,C3,C4 . C1=470pf.
regards ..
Reply With Quote
  #1958  
Old 01-31-2018, 03:53 PM
FrancoItaly FrancoItaly is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Liguria, Italy
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkman View Post
HI ALL ,,
what is the best antenna for good resort ? coz my lrl
does not respond to the test field .
note : my
test field is a gold ring 14k , 2 grams , 30cm depth , 2 years .
output 5.355 vdc ,
respond to mobile signal , when i touch antenna the output = 5.325 .
i used 0.5pf
In a place C2,C3,C4 . C1=470pf.
regards ..
The values are correct, I think you have read the helps. what still needs to be established is whether the gain is sufficient. To verify this, increase the gain until the compass effect appears, then decrease it until it disappears. Try R1= 69K, R2 = 100K, P2 = 1M.
The best antenna for me it's stylus that which can be extended up to 60cm with increased sensitivity.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf displayStage(3led).pdf (263.0 KB, 229 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Helps.txt (3.3 KB, 69 views)
Reply With Quote
  #1959  
Old 02-10-2018, 07:16 PM
abdou2014 abdou2014 is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 420
Default

Franco LRL modified
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #1960  
Old 02-15-2018, 10:35 AM
HaFar2010 HaFar2010 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Default

Hello
Dear Franco.
I have a main question about results of you LRL. Do you think, beside buried non-ferrous metal, it's also possible to detect nugget?
Reply With Quote
  #1961  
Old 02-15-2018, 11:03 AM
FrancoItaly FrancoItaly is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Liguria, Italy
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaFar2010 View Post
Hello
Dear Franco.
I have a main question about results of you LRL. Do you think, beside buried non-ferrous metal, it's also possible to detect nugget?
I think yes, but I have not experiences.
Reply With Quote
  #1962  
Old 02-17-2018, 11:09 AM
Milad.salsa Milad.salsa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 8
Default

hi mr franco
when i touched the anttena voltage was increased،my circuit is ok?
Reply With Quote
  #1963  
Old 02-17-2018, 11:14 AM
FrancoItaly FrancoItaly is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Liguria, Italy
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milad.salsa View Post
hi mr franco
when i touched the anttena voltage was increased،my circuit is ok?
Yes, the important thing is a change of amplitude.
Reply With Quote
  #1964  
Old 02-17-2018, 06:52 PM
toorani toorani is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 6
Default

hi franco dear
Thank you very much for your great work
Thank you very much for your plan
I built your circuit,I tried to make your pcb ,I attached the following layer to the ground And I used philips bc550c transistor,
But I do not know why with the touch of the antenna, the output voltage (the emitter tr5) does not change (it does not decrease).
What should I do to test the correctness of the circuit?
By changing the capacitors c2, c3, c4 and c13, c14 and c1, the output voltage does not change.why?
The values of the transistor base voltage are as follows:
tr1 e=3.34 volt b=3.98 v c=11.01 v
tr2 e=0 b= 0.57 v c=8.66 v
tr3 e=0.45 v b= 1.03 v c=9.15 v
tr4 e=0.51 v b=1.09 v c=8.88 v
tr5 e=2.35 v b=2.93 v c= 11.33 v
Is this true?
Thank you so much Franco dear



http://s9.picofile.com/file/83196669...9_20_31_58.jpg

http://s8.picofile.com/file/83196668...9_20_32_49.jpg

http://s8.picofile.com/file/83196672...9_20_32_45.jpg

http://s8.picofile.com/file/83196673...9_20_32_40.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #1965  
Old 02-18-2018, 11:07 AM
FrancoItaly FrancoItaly is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Liguria, Italy
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toorani View Post
hi franco dear
Thank you very much for your great work
Thank you very much for your plan
I built your circuit,I tried to make your pcb ,I attached the following layer to the ground And I used philips bc550c transistor,
But I do not know why with the touch of the antenna, the output voltage (the emitter tr5) does not change (it does not decrease).
What should I do to test the correctness of the circuit?
By changing the capacitors c2, c3, c4 and c13, c14 and c1, the output voltage does not change.why?
The values of the transistor base voltage are as follows:
tr1 e=3.34 volt b=3.98 v c=11.01 v
tr2 e=0 b= 0.57 v c=8.66 v
tr3 e=0.45 v b= 1.03 v c=9.15 v
tr4 e=0.51 v b=1.09 v c=8.88 v
tr5 e=2.35 v b=2.93 v c= 11.33 v
Is this true?
Thank you so much Franco dear



http://s9.picofile.com/file/83196669...9_20_31_58.jpg

http://s8.picofile.com/file/83196668...9_20_32_49.jpg

http://s8.picofile.com/file/83196672...9_20_32_45.jpg

http://s8.picofile.com/file/83196673...9_20_32_40.jpg
Its possible that the lrl is self oscillating. Detach the quartz and controls the voltages again. TR2/TR3/TR4 collectors are to high, it must be about 5-6V, try 820K or 680K for R6, R8 and R11. Follow the instructions of my helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Helps.txt (3.3 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote
  #1966  
Old 02-18-2018, 01:29 PM
toorani toorani is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoItaly View Post
Its possible that the lrl is self oscillating. Detach the quartz and controls the voltages again. TR2/TR3/TR4 collectors are to high, it must be about 5-6V, try 820K or 680K for R6, R8 and R11. Follow the instructions of my helps.

Thank you very much for your guide
Reply With Quote
  #1967  
Old 02-18-2018, 08:39 PM
toorani toorani is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 6
Default

hi franco dear
I Detached the quartz and controls the voltages again ,But the voltages are the same as before. try 820K or 550k for R6, R8 and R11,But voltages vary by about 0.2 volt.
What is the reason for your opinion?
Thank you very much for your guide
Reply With Quote
  #1968  
Old 02-19-2018, 05:25 AM
toorani toorani is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toorani View Post
hi franco dear
I Detached the quartz and controls the voltages again ,But the voltages are the same as before. try 820K or 550k for R6, R8 and R11,But voltages vary by about 0.2 volt.
What is the reason for your opinion?
Thank you very much for your guide

In my opinion, this will fix the problem by increasing the resistor of tr1, tr2 and tr3 (r7, r9 and r13).Is that right?
Or r6, r8 and r11 resistance should be very low
Reply With Quote
  #1969  
Old 02-19-2018, 10:59 AM
FrancoItaly FrancoItaly is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Liguria, Italy
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toorani View Post
In my opinion, this will fix the problem by increasing the resistor of tr1, tr2 and tr3 (r7, r9 and r13).Is that right?
Or r6, r8 and r11 resistance should be very low
When you remove the quartz the TR5 emitter must be zero, if not it means that the sensor stage is self oscillating. If this is the case you must decrease C13/C14 (470pF or 390pF or less).
Reply With Quote
  #1970  
Old 02-19-2018, 09:51 PM
toorani toorani is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 6
Default

hi franco dear
i remove the quartz and i decreased the capacitor c13 and c14 to 50pf but the voltages are still the same as before,It has only dropped by about 0.4 volts.
Also, the r6, r8 and r11 resistances are 550 k ohm
In your opinion, where is the problem?
Thank you very much for your guide
Reply With Quote
  #1971  
Old 02-20-2018, 10:55 AM
FrancoItaly FrancoItaly is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Liguria, Italy
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toorani View Post
hi franco dear
i remove the quartz and i decreased the capacitor c13 and c14 to 50pf but the voltages are still the same as before,It has only dropped by about 0.4 volts.
Also, the r6, r8 and r11 resistances are 550 k ohm
In your opinion, where is the problem?
Thank you very much for your guide
Surely there is a self-oscillation. This is the operation of the first version of my lrl. Touch the antenna and check if the signal varies. If so, if the signal is stable, the lrl works equally this way. To decrease the gain increases R10 / R12 (1.5K or 2.2K). Self-oscillation can depend on a parasitic coupling of the pcb and / or the excessive gain (beta) of the transistors.
Reply With Quote
  #1972  
Old 02-21-2018, 10:01 PM
toorani toorani is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Hello franco dear
By touching the antenna voltage dc out( emiter tr5, it is about 2.3 volt) It does not change at all.
I set the resistance of r10 and r12 to 2K ohm, but the collector voltage increased by about 0.2 volts.
Thank you very much for your guide
Reply With Quote
  #1973  
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM
abdou2014 abdou2014 is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 420
Default

Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #1974  
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM
FrancoItaly FrancoItaly is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Liguria, Italy
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toorani View Post
Hello franco dear
By touching the antenna voltage dc out( emiter tr5, it is about 2.3 volt) It does not change at all.
I set the resistance of r10 and r12 to 2K ohm, but the collector voltage increased by about 0.2 volts.
Thank you very much for your guide
I confirm that there is a self oscillation, the pcb is better double sided, with lower side connected to ground. Try also transistors type BC...B (lower beta than C type).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.