Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGSL-VLF ///just ask!

Hello
    i have impressed this kind of MD good depth and disc,i think it's can be made,does anyone know anything about it?,let us know and try to build it,if u don't care i care,plz give me everything related to it.

watch this video and give your opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KytiLKZ-ybc

Originally posted by Dr.skull View Post
    Hello
    i have impressed this kind of MD good depth and disc,i think it's can be made,does anyone know anything about it?,let us know and try to build it,if u don't care i care,plz give me everything related to it.

watch this video and give your opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KytiLKZ-ybc
    The TGSL originated on this forum!!

Look here ->
    http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15710

Comment

dear Qiaozhi
      i know what u r talking about,but i have never seen this kind of MD here, maybe the same disc but not the depth,TGSL-VLF better than TGS/TGSL in the depth,did you see that video?... who has an idea of ​​this MD?.

regards Dr.skull

Comment

That was Dons TGSL with a coil that he made with null out of alignment, if you read tgsl thread he carried on to say that it was no good in practical terms in the field, ie real us.

Ive made two Ivonics TGSL projects one with components out the bag, the other with measured components for accurate specification where theres 5% improvement all round.

Very nice project to build and use because there was allot of interest followed by fellow engineers all round the world while the project was going through its phases.

Far as building coil follow as per project instructions, there a good guide but have at at hand a accurate inductance meter, frequency meter, and scope for final construction.

Discrimination works very well i tend to work with it on but backed right off to zero on the pot .

Regards

Comment

dear Qiaozhi
          i know what u r talking about,but i have never seen this kind of MD here, maybe the same disc but not the depth,TGSL-VLF better than TGS/TGSL in the depth,did you see that video?... who has an idea of ​​this MD?.

regards Dr.skull
          As Dave said, it's one of the tests performed by Don (dbowers).
          It is the same TGSL circuit posted in this forum. The name TGSL-VLF may be confusing you.

Comment

ok...maybe the name of the MD is the problem, and satdaveuk u said if i have accurate inductance meter, frequency meter, and scope i will get result like his MD right?no problem in that,but what about the coil that he used it's give his MD good depth,i'm satisfied with the result just give me detail about that coil.
            thanks

Comment

ok...maybe the name of the MD is the problem, and satdaveuk u said if i have accurate inductance meter, frequency meter, and scope i will get result like his MD right?no problem in that,but what about the coil that he used it's give his MD good depth,i'm satisfied with the result just give me detail about that coil.
              thanks
              Here's the original post by Don ->
              http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...postcount=4871

By the way, that should have been "dfbowers", in case you want to search for any more of Don's posts on the TGSL.

Comment

thank u

Comment

Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
                  Here's the original post by Don ->
                  http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...postcount=4871

By the way, that should have been "dfbowers", in case you want to search for any more of Don's posts on the TGSL.
                  Am I losing it or is any detector or even oscillator transmitting around those frequencies VLF, the TGSL is a induction balanced VLF detector no matter what version you build. The pcb layout of silverdogs version of Ivonics circuit was a tad better in my opinion, but lacking in the circuit was and is the preset in the TX tank which gives the nulling tweek giving over all better performance even when using manufactured coil.
                  Also the layout in Ivonics circuit using the BD140 in the sound output stage gives it that more beef to the detection of metal.
                  Only my point of view of course most people on here incl dflowers used the ready made silverdog kits plus his mods which was edu boards and had good results.
                  What ever version you go for you cant really go wrong, all the horse work was done ages ago, although like all projects on here theres always room for advanced improvement.
                  Regards

Comment

yes u right,that's video was dfbowers test,i should read all threads first,i had saw everything related to don threads,what i see that maybe he was using 8" coil with 130 winding for RX and 123 for TX, and u dave what is the best depth you reached with TGSL?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
                      Am I losing it or is any detector or even oscillator transmitting around those frequencies VLF, the TGSL is a induction balanced VLF detector no matter what version you build.
                      No you're not losing it. Any detector running below 30kHz can be called a VLF.

Comment

yes u right,that's video was dfbowers test,i should read all threads first,i had saw everything related to don threads,what i see that maybe he was using 8" coil with 130 winding for RX and 123 for TX, and u dave what is the best depth you reached with TGSL?

regards
                        That video show how the TGSL can be adjusted to the extreme . In reality, it would be much to noisy to actually use it that way. That coils was not made properly either but it's a usable coil.

It's best not to focus too hard on depth with the TGSL as it's best feature is discrimination. I hope you decide to build one as it can be a very rewarding project and you can get plenty of help on the forum.

Don

Comment

Very well put Don
                          The depth of this design in real conditions is the million dollar question but to be accurate in a typical field here in England is around 8-10" for a old 1d penny and pre37 6d 95% silver sixpence which comes with accurate discrimination.
                          Air testing on my machines are almost the same as land.
                          As Don says there not depth busters but the discrimination comes next to the best of machines.

Regards

Comment

Just to add I found this design works at its best in open spaces away from railway tracks power lines etc the machine simply losses all its capabilitys in areas such as these, so worth keeping that in mind when doing tests after construction.
                            If detecting in these types of conditions you need to keep the front end very close to the ground and regulary tweek ground balance but dont exspect anything like the depth I mentioned in the last post.
                            Its not a fault in the design its just the way the TGSL works.

Regards

Comment

thanks dave u r right i will keep that in my mind

and thank u don i have waited u to replaying,but u say "it would be much to noisy to actually use it that way" no problem in that,i will use it in area free of people,in my country all places that have monuments and remnant it's like a desert,my TGSL can detect 1ero coin about 30cm in soil,but i want to make it more deeply like your TGSL in that video,just tell me specifications of the coil that you used,and anything will happen i will take responsibility.

regards

Comment

Working...
                              X