Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree.
    It was a mistake on my prototype.
    The Silverdog's PCB and the schematic are correct.
    Hugo

Comment

• why three diodes are connected together on the 4024 for tone? can we not put a single diode per channel?

Comment

• Originally posted by ashefr10 View Post
        why three diodes are connected together on the 4024 for tone? can we not put a single diode per channel?
        As I explain in a personal message, up to three diodes per channel are used to reduce sound duty cycle and save battery power.

Since it appears you don't attempt to understand answers given you freely, I would appreciate it if you never again send me personal message and ask for any help.

You got that, Nico?

Don't send me any more messages jerk.

Comment

• Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
          As I explain in a personal message, up to three diodes per channel are used to reduce sound duty cycle and save battery power.

Since it appears you don't attempt to understand answers given you freely, I would appreciate it if you never again send me personal message and ask for any help.

You got that, Nico?

Don't send me any more messages jerk.

hello, sorry to offend you but I will my best to answer troubleshooting.

Comment

• 2 Tones manual

Hello,
            Here is a short How-To-Do for the 2 tones mod.
            Hope it can help.
            Hugo
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by hugo View Post
              Hello,
              Hope it can help.
              Hugo
              Very good guide.
              I have added a new post to the TGSL Complete Details thread, and placed this modification in pole position.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugo View Post
                Hello,
                Hope it can help.
                Hugo
                Thanks, excellent to have.

-SB

Comment

• Hi Hugo on bottom of page 3 of the How To...

" when a non-metal target will be detected " Typo surely ..

S

Comment

• I have been dipping into these ideas, for a mod on my IDx.

I hadnt realised the huge improvement in depth capability - in soil - with Disc opened up. (Not Airhead testing)

Not sure everyone aware of this real good improvement.

On my IDx Disc set to reject iron I get 5" depth on my testbed targets.

with the Disc fully-open, Iron not rejected, this gains me 2" extra on Non-Fe Targets - a must have.. 7" Inches.

respectable for a basic 80's homebuilt hobby toy.

As comparison, Explorer is 8" and Tesoro/Rapier II set to reject Fe was 5"

Yes it would be 2" Deeper than Rapier II
                    and you would not have to dig a million nails!!!

I'd like to not listen to the Iron tone at all - because in the uk we can have 10 Fe targets per sweep.

As the lady said, I aint got time for that.

I prefer to have the existing tone for Non-Fe Targets as usual - only and gate the sound off for Fe.

Maybe flash a small red Led for valid Iron hits. To show your working...

Not sure how to implement yet.

S

Comment

• All, this was what I had in my minds eye for a 2 tone.

It is not required in here as Hugo was about a year ahead..

With the two separate oscillators, the Fe level could be reduced - like a GMP Iron volme.

S
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4823.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	336833

Comment

• Bit of a long shot for IDX. Uses PP while not in PP..

Unit with Disc open - All metal mode - so full depth.

Only 1 tone for non Fe - No Iron tone. So as before. No headache.

If A > B then Fe, the spare LM393 output shuts the Disc system output OFF (across PP switch) = So, No Tone - which gets rid of all the Iron bleeps - but gives extra depth on non Fe -- because Disc all the way open.

PP pot would need lowering a bit in this mode.
                        May have comparator inputs reversed, had a bit of roja now..

Name:	IMG_4826.JPG
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	336834

S

Comment

• Originally posted by golfnut View Post
                          Hi Hugo on bottom of page 3 of the How To...
                          " when a non-metal target will be detected " Typo surely ..
                          S
                          Hi Golfnut,
                          Sure it's a typo ! Should read "non-iron" of course !
                          Hugo

Comment

• Originally posted by golfnut View Post
                            Bit of a long shot for IDX. Uses PP while not in PP..

Unit with Disc open - All metal mode - so full depth.

Only 1 tone for non Fe - No Iron tone. So as before. No headache.

If A > B then Fe, the spare LM393 output shuts the Disc system output OFF (across PP switch) = So, No Tone - which gets rid of all the Iron bleeps - but gives extra depth on non Fe -- because Disc all the way open.

PP pot would need lowering a bit in this mode.
                            May have comparator inputs reversed, had a bit of roja now..

[ATTACH]25217[/ATTACH]

S
                            Here you have a 2-tone scheme. I have tested and works perfectly. The only problem is that the hot rocks, are detected with a low tone, like iron.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Hi all,

I have a question about the 2Tone Mod for the TDSL EDU board from Silverdog, i was reading the Abstract 2 Tones PDF and got a little confused.

Based on the silk screen and components the board uses the LM308 Chips. Part 1 states not to remove the 100pF caps if the LM308 are used, however the rest of the images in the abstract shows the caps removed even though it appears that the board is a TGSL-EDU from Silverdog. I think i might be missing something and would appreciate some clarification.

Comment

• we have to remove capacitor 100pf, yes or no?

Name:	100pf.PNG
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	342629

Comment

Working...
                                X