Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arado 120

Hi
    Anybody here got the full spec or at least part spec of the Arado 120 coil.
    Got everything in place far as building just need coil inductance etc.
    Please help

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave:
    Pin1 - Pin3 :12.25mH, 20 Ohms
    Pin2 - Pin5 :12.25mH, 20 Ohms
    I assume you know which is Tx and Rx, and what the shielding is. Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy View Post
      Hi Dave:
      Pin1 - Pin3 :12.25mH, 20 Ohms
      Pin2 - Pin5 :12.25mH, 20 Ohms
      I assume you know which is Tx and Rx, and what the shielding is. Regards.
      Correct!
      Except that also there are some resistors in coil too.
      At least they were present in my very old coil i had back than.
      At the time i busted that coil and didn't measured those resistors...
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks very much to both of you, will have to play around with resistors unless someone comes on here with the imformation.
        Just noticed theres a cap there also, do you know what it is, cant make it out.

Regards

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
          Thanks very much to both of you, will have to play around with resistors unless someone comes on here with the imformation.
          Just noticed theres a cap there also, do you know what it is, cant make it out.

Regards

Dave
          3300pF, styro...

Comment

Originally posted by ivconic View Post
            3300pF, styro...
            Your a gent Ivconics, one less thing for me to worry about, trying to get as much feedback as possible before making it, ordered CD4017 from china, got 10 off for £1.79 incl p/p lol also same for TL062.
            Bet you can guess what meter im thinking of using.... the hint is earth haha.
            By the way if you have read bad things about the 120b been unstable its rubbish.
            As you know ive serviced and used one of these and providing the coil is ok and tunning cap has clean vains there solid, providing they been switched on for a miniute or two before use, once settle down there a dream, a must have type detector.
            Anyway all the best.

Regards

Dave

Comment

Just wish that when i had the detector apart in the workshop had took more high res pictures, back engineered etc before the customer had it back, really thought id remember everything as its quite a easy layout, but not to be, going for the build anyway and see what can be done, wether it works as good as it should remains to be seen.

Regards
              Dave

Comment

I'm intrigued by the small internal capacitor. My LCR meter gives no hint of it, both windings measure up identically.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy View Post
                  I'm intrigued by the small internal capacitor. My LCR meter gives no hint of it, both windings measure up identically.
                  Thats what im wondering maybe yours didnt have a capacitor in it, may have been changes throughout the production of the 120b that we dont know about.
                  Its possible that cap was on the main pcb in the model you tested, what do you think?,

Comment

Hi
                    Old thread I know
                    Just had two Arados brought in for repair 120b which is together and 130 in bits, Both sets of coils reading 20ohms each , Got a feeling Skippy could be right as in saying they may well be untuned coils , There were mods done in later production to these machines without changing model numbers so hopefully this is one of them.
                    Will confirm conductance and frequency with the universal oscillator tomorow and let you all know
                    Regards

Comment

when i was looking for a detector in december, i really fancied one of those 320's that they released a few years ago, but it seems that they are out of production again, emails left unanswered and website not updated anymore.
                      having seen the stupid second hand prices i gave up and went with a whites.

Comment

Same here Sincair, I was going to organise a demo for the day and get some serious buyers to be there On some land but Arado didnt even call me back, there loss but still disapointing , by the way got some interesting results with the barracuda , will let you know ok

Comment

thanks dave, its a sad fact that some of these detector companies think no promotion is needed, and that simply introducing or reintroducing a detector is enough, and we will beat a path to buy them, they do a production run of 250 units, and when they dont sell out in 2 months they back off, and cease production again.
                          by the time you find out about some of these detectors, the only examples are being sold at twice the price, second hand by greedy speculators who bought 10 when they were on sale, at the RRP the arado 320 was a good buy for those into oldschool detectors.
                          but at 600 quid with no warranty support its just a sad joke, and frankly a rip off.

Comment

Working...
                          X