• Show
Clear All

• how to open .lay files

need a free program to open .lay files

Originally posted by eessoo View Post
    need a free program to open .lay files

hi use this software (Sprint Layout 5)

Comment

do all project in OrCAD, P-CAD 2006 or Altium Designer.

ignore Sprint Layout.

Comment

Originally posted by kt315 View Post

ignore Sprint Layout.
        Agreeeeeee
        Cheers
        detecto

Comment

ignore Sprint Layout.
          KT315 this time i can't agree with you!
          Nothing wrong with Sprint Layout.
          It is splendid software for hobbyists!
          Simple and easy interface, easy to learn and mastering.
          Very good and fast for small projects (we are usually doing here).
          Any software will do anyway, but it is bad advice suggesting somebody to "ignore" something so nice as Sprint Layout.
          More complicated software is for professionals and will demand more time to learn and mastering it.
          You have to ask yourself one pretty simple question: are you gonna spend most of your time playing with complicated software to achieve some pretty trivial task - or you rather gonna focus on electronic project itself, without brainstorming much about software solutions...
          Yet it is simple matter of choice and personal affects.
          On contrary; i do suggest Sprint Layout for those who are about to start with such works.
          Splendid software!
          Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by ivconic View Post
            KT315 this time i can't agree with you!
            Nothing wrong with Sprint Layout.
            It is splendid software for hobbyists!
            Simple and easy interface, easy to learn and mastering.
            Very good and fast for small projects (we are usually doing here).
            Any software will do anyway, but it is bad advice suggesting somebody to "ignore" something so nice as Sprint Layout.
            More complicated software is for professionals and will demand more time to learn and mastering it.
            You have to ask yourself one pretty simple question: are you gonna spend most of your time playing with complicated software to achieve some pretty trivial task - or you rather gonna focus on electronic project itself, without brainstorming much about software solutions...
            Yet it is simple matter of choice and personal affects.
            On contrary; i do suggest Sprint Layout for those who are about to start with such works.
            Splendid software!
            Cheers!

http://www.abacom-online.de/uk/html/sprint-layout.html

Free viewer...at the and from the page

Comment

not OR, but same AND same. spend a time playing with software and gonna focus on a project. because you are living in COSMIC Era, Era of COSMIC speed. you have to make all what you can plan. you waste your time MORE looking TV than you waste on a project! while I am NOT looking the sh-tbox I have not the sh-tbox at all and had refused it many years ago!

Comment

My 2 bobs worth, forget sprint layout even exists ......Diptrace. Just try and move a couple of components in sprint. All of the traces stay behind and they are no longer associated with their respective pins. Very easy to make a mistake and waste a board. Its a shame that lay files cannot be imported into DT, but you can make the lay file a gif image and load that into DT then copy the layout. You select the picture tool, then drag out a box, then the file select dialog will appear.....
                http://www.diptrace.com/nonprofit.php
                Email them and ask them for their non-profit 500 pin 2 layer licence, free. If you can work sprint, you will master DT in 5 minutes and that is no joke.

Anyway back to what the original poster asked, sprint layout will open a lay file.

Cheers Mick

Ps I have no connection to Diptrace, it is just what I like to use cause it is the best!
                Last edited by Mechanic; 08-05-2012, 10:13 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

not OR, but same AND same. spend a time playing with software and gonna focus on a project. because you are living in COSMIC Era, Era of COSMIC speed. you have to make all what you can plan. you waste your time MORE looking TV than you waste on a project! while I am NOT looking the sh-tbox I have not the sh-tbox at all and had refused it many years ago!
                  Truth is that i do watch TV much!
                  You are right about the rest... ONLY if you tend to be professional in making electronics and you are usually designing pretty complicated designs.
                  I don't, that's why i do prefer simple solutions. Simple and fast. Hobby.
                  For such tasks Sprint Layout is MUCH MORE than enough.
                  Anyway; like i said: it is a matter of personal choice and affections.
                  Everybody's own choice is fully legal and relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanic View Post
                    ...Ps I have no connection to Diptrace, it is just what I like to use cause it is the best!
                    Fair.
                    You founded yourself in using that software and you are satisfied with it: fair!
                    I am having it, not bad at all.
                    But i am to much used on SL and most of the jobs i am doing with it.
                    Everybody has own choice and affections; fully legal, fair and not debatable.

Comment

For any regular user should begin with program is simple enough, each user's proficiency in this area at least one of them and can work on any program of the highest in a short time because almost all the choices are similar and it needs good at in order to implement any design needs----- where that most of the site put the projects in Sprint .Lay , Through this became the force to be used for(Sprint Layout 5) ------ of the advanced user in the design software used higher and be able to use it like OrCAD, P-CAD 2006 or Altium DP Although it is an old - --- So all the programs are optional and this depends on the user.
                      best time
                      j.

Comment

now i can open lay files
                        but i still can't open this file any tips?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi eessoo

download GerbView program.
                          best time
                          j.

Comment

thanks it worked

Comment

Working...
                            X