No announcement yet.

IDX-PRO+VDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check the offset of the last stages of your LM324. I will bet that it's 5 - 10MV negative. Replacing the LM324 with an LF347 will most likely fix it if that's the case. With a home built 10" coil I can squeeze 19"out of mine for a U.S. Quarter. Problem is, only about the first 12" is usable as it becomes unstable at high sensitivity setting, even with a stock coil.

Stock coil -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmwMIynbJSk

Homebuilt coils - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDyZXoC2lJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIbAG...feature=relmfu

Don

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestion. I changed out the lm324 with a op940 and same thing. I used a .0033 uf cap on the RX coil? is it supposed to be .0033uf or .033uf? I have rx resistance of 43ohms and tx resistance of 1.9 ohms. Do I need a 51ohm resistor in series with the RX coil? Thanks abounch for the help.

Comment

• Stuck! Heeeelp!

Stuck. Soldered all the parts. Each IC is in place. The head is in place. Power on. High frequency noise coming from the speaker. The Darlington transistor is heating up. The electronics are not detected.

I think it should stay szakmámnál (anesthesiologists). :-)
        Unfortunately, the meter did not bring with me, so I can not weigh out what is wrong. :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by szucs_g View Post
          Stuck. Soldered all the parts. Each IC is in place. The head is in place. Power on. High frequency noise coming from the speaker. The Darlington transistor is heating up. The electronics are not detected.

I think it should stay szakmámnál (anesthesiologists). :-)
          Unfortunately, the meter did not bring with me, so I can not weigh out what is wrong. :-(

And... BC879 substituted in the circuit MPSA13.

Comment

• Sorry for the stupid question of! What is the role of the VR3's?

Comment

• hi szucs_g,
              I have the same problem. my MPSA13 is also hot, and then goes off. :-(
              Unfortunately I am still not found out why this is. I just wait for a new delivery MPSA13.
              in the treat is only written, the VR3 is there to adjust the phase.

Happy Easter, marc

Comment

• mpsa13

Are you using the peizo that came with the pcb. I burnt one Mpsa13 up because I hooked a 4ohm speaker up to the pcb. I noticed my mistake, changed the transistor then changed to a 8ohm speaker and it is working now. Although I am still trying to get the coil right.

Comment

• Originally posted by juice2839 View Post
                  Are you using the peizo that came with the pcb. I burnt one Mpsa13 up because I hooked a 4ohm speaker up to the pcb. I noticed my mistake, changed the transistor then changed to a 8ohm speaker and it is working now. Although I am still trying to get the coil right.
                  Hello, my IDX PRO VDI

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2314/sdc10019i.jpg

Comment

• hi juice, I wanted to hear this ... I've also thought that it could be the speakers. had the speakers on shelf yet. But before I even picked out a piezo speaker. when there are new MPSA13, I'll try it again.

Comment

• @ gurdal:

looks nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Schatztaucher View Post
                        hi szucs_g,
                        I have the same problem. my MPSA13 is also hot, and then goes off. :-(
                        Unfortunately I am still not found out why this is. I just wait for a new delivery MPSA13.
                        in the treat is only written, the VR3 is there to adjust the phase.

Happy Easter, marc

Thank You!

The PCB is faulty. The original transistor BCE, but the MPSA EBC. Also changed a bit, beenelem the image here. I know this is not the original PCB, but unfortunately I could in this residue. The dealer got me BC879. This is absolutely not good. I need MPSA13, 14 or BC517!

Christ is risen!

Comment

• These PCB's. The transistor is vice versa. The legs good order. I'm sorry!
                          Attached Files

Comment

These PCB's. The transistor is vice versa. The legs good order. I'm sorry!
                            Voilá the modified PCB:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Voilá the modified PCB:
                              Eduardo asked what could be the error ​​in the made IDX. Wrote that the D3 is reverse wired. Originally it is a zener diode (5223). 4148 I can find elsewhere. How is it? I checked "silverdog" page. Really the opposite direction of the 4148th

Comment

• Üdv. Itt talán látszik a kérdéses dióda is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXBg8...layer_embedded

Comment

Working...
                                X