No announcement yet.

spiral PCB coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a two later PCB, 3oz copper (105uM) on one side, 1/2oz. on the other (17.5uM).

Top side used for Tx, bottom for Rx (with twice the number of turns for transformer action).

Paint with graphite for screening.

You can calculate all parameters quite reliably using F4 as a layup (resistance, capacitance etc) and get the design right first time.

Qiaozhi, if you or Aziz design it, I will pay to have it made. If I make 100, price will be £38 or thereabouts. Two prototypes will cost £225 each (based on a 350mm diameter coil with a 150mm hole in the middle).

The bulk price for 100 covers the cost of building a commercial design VERY easily as the coil will save 2 hours per hand wound in labour (spend to save) 200 is even cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean_Goddard View Post
      Use a two later PCB, 3oz copper (105uM) on one side, 1/2oz. on the other (17.5uM).

Top side used for Tx, bottom for Rx (with twice the number of turns for transformer action).

Paint with graphite for screening.

You can calculate all parameters quite reliably using F4 as a layup (resistance, capacitance etc) and get the design right first time.

Qiaozhi, if you or Aziz design it, I will pay to have it made. If I make 100, price will be £38 or thereabouts. Two prototypes will cost £225 each (based on a 350mm diameter coil with a 150mm hole in the middle).

The bulk price for 100 covers the cost of building a commercial design VERY easily as the coil will save 2 hours per hand wound in labour (spend to save) 200 is even cheaper!
      Here's some questions for you:
      1. How many turns do you want on the top layer (TX) layer?
      2. How many turns on the bottom (RX) layer?
      3. What track width do you require?
      4. Have you thought about whether you want any nulling?

There is a flat spiral coil calculator here ->
      http://deepfriedneon.com/tesla_f_calcspiral.html

If you can supply the details, I can send you a Gerber file.

Comment

Qiaozhi,
        My cnc is a recycled automated IC wafer tester. It came from
        Applied Materials in San Jose and was going to the crusher.
        Lucky for me a friend saved it.

I added the z-axis, motor drivers and RS232 interface.
        Very useful for cutting out panels, making widgets and engraving pcb's.

For lots of diy builds, check out CNCZONE.COM forums. Many machines on ebay also.

If anybody wants to start a thread under off topic or general, I would
        be happy answer any questions.

Here's some stuff I have made
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Altra View Post
          Qiaozhi,
          My cnc is a recycled automated IC wafer tester. It came from
          Applied Materials in San Jose and was going to the crusher.
          Lucky for me a friend saved it.

I added the z-axis, motor drivers and RS232 interface.
          Very useful for cutting out panels, making widgets and engraving pcb's.

For lots of diy builds, check out CNCZONE.COM forums. Many machines on ebay also.

If anybody wants to start a thread under off topic or general, I would
          be happy answer any questions.

Here's some stuff I have made
          I have copied your post to a new thread in the General Electronics area, where we can discuss this subject further.

Comment

Working...
          X