Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Hays coil housing information

Hi All,

As many of you are aware, the site at which you could look to see what Bill Hays had to offer in terms of coil housings is no longer available. This makes it difficult for a person to order one or more of his housings.

Since Bill is still making the housings for sale, I asked him to please send me a copy of a flyer he was having printed up so I could post a copy of it here on the Geotech forum.

You will find the coil housing information posted in the Free Advertising section listed below in the MISC subheading.

I hope this helps those wanting this information.

Reg

I called him earlier in the week and he said he was in the middle of redoing his site presentation and it would be back up next week. He said to wait til like Monday or so.

Comment

coil housings

Thanks Reg. for all the information.

Comment

Talked to Bill Hays today and he said he decided he isn't going to put a website up again, so I may bump this once in a while so people have an easy way to contact him.

Reg

Comment

yeah, what's the deal?
          Only $5 a month for a website....
          Is it just a pain in the butt low volume kind of thing he doesn't want to deal with?
          The only source for housings around here that I know of.

Barry

Comment

Barry,

Bill is over 80 years old (about 84 I think) and has been dealing with some stressful family issues for some time now. As such, he felt he needed to reduce his work load and this is one way to do that.

Personally, I feel he has more than earned the right to slow down a little if that is what he wants to do. He has been serving the public with sales of metal detectors and detector related equipment for approaching 60 years now. In fact, it may be 60 years by now.

So, his decision has nothing to do with the $5 you mentioned.

Personally, I feel people should be thankful he is continuing, since he is about the only consistent source of coil housings I know of. I can only hope to have at least some of the ambition he has when I reach his age.

Reg

Comment

Hello,
              Have a great respect for Bill to continue his work.Thank you Bill

Comment

Yeah I see this happening even to my own parents; which are the same age.
                Listening to them it seems life in the mobile home park is like going though WWII again.
                They lose good friends each week.

Anyway, I wish he'd pass on the tools and knowledge to someone so we don't lose this valuable service. It is not beyond my capabilities to make my own housings but it is something I'd rather just pay for.

When I talked with him I left the conversation thinking he was upgrading the site with new information and perhaps new housing designs. Sorry things have taken a bad turn.

Barry

Comment

Hi,
                  Brand new member here, but long time reader.
                  I'm looking for coil forms sources, especially I need a scuff cover for a MPX 10" coil. Would anyone here have this kind of info?
                  Thanks

Richard

Comment

Working...
                  X