No announcement yet.

IDX-PRO+VDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In normal operation, which channels are ON with the IDX?

S

Comment

• It looks like the pinpoint Channel, and Disc are ON all the time.

When you want Pinpoint it turns the Disc OFF.

Is this right?

Is it better to have for..

Disc - disc / geb ON for normal use - Pinpoint Channel OFF

Pinpoint - turn OFF the Disc Ch and Pinpoint Channel ON

Steve

Comment

• would making this det a full wave demod give clearly better performance?

Anyone up for it.

S

Comment

• Disc issues

Well Fisher CZ-d3 coil has arrived and in general has not disappointed,

With GB backed off can detect a large coin at 42cm.
          Pin point works well.
          Sensitivity fine.
          Disc not good (most important to me).
          All coins and steel are bunched up together and are the first to disc (about 1/5 turn of pot), then lead goes next with foil and alloy go at 2/5 turn on pot.
          is there a method of stretching out the disc function and or adjusting it.

Max

Comment

• If the Disc pot is the one which is 25k and the action is over 2/5 travel that is 10k/25k

pull it put a fixed 15k above it, and put a 10k pot in.

Or if its the other one at the bottom, do same trick

S

Comment

• Originally posted by maxfly View Post
              With GB backed off ...
              What do you mean by "With GB backed off"?
              If you haven't ground balanced the detector correctly, then the DISC settings could be completely wrong, which appears to be the case from your description.

Comment

• All coins and steel are bunched up together and are the first to disc (about 1/5 turn of pot), then lead goes next with foil and alloy go at 2/5 turn on pot.
                Are you sure the pot is wired the right way around?

S

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Qiaozhi,

If I adjust the gb using a ferrite rod (10x40mm) until there is only a slight noise when waving it 10cm above the coil then with the disc pot in least disc position, all coins are not detected nor is aluminum pull rings. Iron and al foil (20x20mm square) are still detected. Increasing disc pot sees iron go first then much further around foil goes.

Not only is the disc off scale but also eliminates items in the wrong order!

Max

Comment

• Hi golf nut,

I have made connections according to this diagram:

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...ht=Idx&page=24

Both gb and disc connections check out with the schematic,

Max

Comment

• Did you supply one or both pots?? If so,

Check if the pots are Linear or Log response. A log pot wont do much early on then bunch up reponse as value changes hugely with rotation.

See if you get 1/2 res val at mid throw etc.

Increasing disc pot sees iron go first
                      This sounds correct to me

Are Disc and Geb labelled correct on drawing?

S

Comment

• Pot were supplied by silverdog and are linear.
                        When I said iron goes first, I meant after coins and pull tops are discriminated. Coins are first to disappear.
                        I think the schematic off silverdogs site and other diagrams are correct, at least they mostly correlate.
                        Could I be looking at a problem with the Fisher coil? Frequency/phase angle
                        Ivconic seemed to get it working, maybe he has some experience with this issue.

Regards,
                        Max

Comment

• The scheme is correct, the Silver Dog PCB are correct. This detector works well with Whites coils 6000, XLT, etc and with the coils have been constructed DD manually. With solenoid Fisher also works well if properly set the resonance frequency and the phase angle. You have to look for suitable condensers for coil Fisher.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxfly View Post
                            Pot were supplied by silverdog and are linear.
                            When I said iron goes first, I meant after coins and pull tops are discriminated. Coins are first to disappear.
                            I think the schematic off silverdogs site and other diagrams are correct, at least they mostly correlate.
                            Could I be looking at a problem with the Fisher coil? Frequency/phase angle
                            Ivconic seemed to get it working, maybe he has some experience with this issue.

Regards,
                            Max
                            Have you tried swapping the connections to one of the two coils?
                            Just a thought!
                            Andy

Comment

• Can U get hold of a scope?

Can U confirm operating frequency of TX - freq of Tx affects the phasing through the RC delay ccts..

Can U borrow someones detector to try their coil with it.

S

Comment

• hi all,
                                @ Eduardo: thank you for your tip. I just replaced the resistance with a potentiometer 1kohm. unfortunately, has not changed. my idx does not work still. I think I give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X