Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deepth of Garrett GTI 2500

Hello guys,

Does any one know the maximum depth of garrett gti 2500, and what is the better depth the white's v3i or grrette gti 2500?

does the eagle eye have imaging future and what depth can reach?

the joehunter webpage says that it can reach up to 12m in deep, but I don't believe that, did any one test these devices?

Please let us share experience

Check this:
    http://wwwdark.w.interia.pl/testy.htm

Comment

thank you warm any way,

but in what language is this, and I can't understand theses tables can you explain it?

Comment

Garrett GTI 2500 test in air
        .............................../...Coil 9.5" (24 cm) standard coil ......................................./.....Coil 5"*10" (eliptic )
        type of US coin........../...detection with discrimination....detection in "all metal"........./.....detection with discrimination....."all metal"
        US 1c......................./...27 cm..................................37 cm.............................../.....21 cm....................................22 cm
        US 5c......................./...30 cm..................................36 cm.............................../.....21 cm....................................25 cm
        US 10c....................../...29 cm..................................34 cm.............................../.....20 cm....................................22 cm
        US 25c....................../...35 cm..................................36 cm.............................../.....22 cm....................................27 cm

It was in poloish.

Comment

This md recently was used to find a 9 gram nugget here in victoria
          at good depth 8-9 inches
          http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php/topic,6476.0.html

Comment

0.9 grams, not 9 grams. I doubt the GTI2500 can detect that at 8-9 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
              0.9 grams, not 9 grams. I doubt the GTI2500 can detect that at 8-9 inches.
              I think that it can locate it
              Its a very deep detector at "all metal" but has not very good discrimination.
              Also is very heavy

Comment

When talking about the sort of money these type of machines cost you need to arrange with a dealer and do some of your on field tests on permissions that you know and what to exspect, these air tests are a total waste of time ive personaly proved it on numbrious occasions with different machines, Im sure Carl will agree with me im sure because of the nature of his job , its no good having a machine that will pick up a gold nugget at 12" if your going to get 5" in the ground, unless your after airborn nuggets, ID rather have a machine that does 6" in the air and 6" in the ground.
                You will find quite often that machines that are tweeked for air testing which looks good as a sales pitch for the person not in the no, in effect soon as they use them in real use they realise in fact they bought a toy with lots of knobs on .
                Tell you what im going to now start a thread on air testing now this minute because to me its almost meaningless far as metal detectors performance in the real world.

Warm regards

Comment

Here it is here, it was eight grams
                  I know the fellow and I know the detector it used to belong to a friend of mine
                  Attached Files

Comment

OK, I was going by what he said in the forum thread you linked to, which was 0.6dwt. My 2500 can get a 1 gram nugget at 2-3", so 8-9g at 8-9" isn't out of the question.

A agree with Geo, the 2500 is fairly deep in all-metal, especially with the 12" coil. But it is a serious arm-breaker, and is rather unimpressive in disc mode. If you get one with TreasureTalk, it is downright annoying!

- Carl

Comment

@ Hisoka

The Garrett GTI 2500 (or the 1500 that I have) is cheaper and better for smaller stuff but you should have all metal, low mineralisation ground, really no powerlines near, the 45cm Detech Excelerator coil attached and better the unit modified like this because of weight:

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqIcnpfF3Vc

The Jeohunter is immune against any electro-smog, against any mineralisation and really is ultra-deep for 5cm large stuff upwards.

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16374

So it depends what you're searching for and how much money you wanna spent.

While I checked the link for the Jeohunter I saw you've written something there so you know it already. See you soon.

Comment

thanks guys,

but anyone know the maximum depth of gti 2500 and v3i, and are they good in rocks,

what is the best metal detector for good depth, good discrimination, working in rocks, and have visual image?

Comment

Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
                          OK, I was going by what he said in the forum thread you linked to, which was 0.6dwt. My 2500 can get a 1 gram nugget at 2-3", so 8-9g at 8-9" isn't out of the question.

A agree with Geo, the 2500 is fairly deep in all-metal, especially with the 12" coil. But it is a serious arm-breaker, and is rather unimpressive in disc mode. If you get one with TreasureTalk, it is downright annoying!

- Carl
                          The first you must do is to turn off the TreasureTalk

Comment

@hisoka

I have a GTI 2500 (without eagle eye) and a Minelab Explorer (XS). The Explorer has better discrimination and less signal fails than the GTI. The GTI is deeper in all-metal mode (a few cm).

These are both heavyweights, so you can save your money for the gym. I think this is to heavy for working in rocks.

The visual image isn´t accurate. You can´t trust them.

Comment

Working...
                            X