X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cobra is a good choice

Originally posted by RelicHunter88 View Post
    My advise is to get a tower PC.
    Got one already, but It can't become portable, and laptop becomes electrically floating device by simple unplugging it from the mains adapter. Can't beat that.

To turn it into an oscilloscope you'll need a good 3.5mm cable with stereo jacks on both ends, cut it in half, and use the wires to make probes, OR, you can buy real probes and BNC plugs to fit onto a cable with 3.5mm jack, or something else in that sense. You'll have to calibrate the whole shebang anyway.

Download Visual analyser at http://www.sillanumsoft.org/ and get friendly with it ... that's it.

Comment

In Greece, individual components are hard to find, and expensive. If King Cobra does not come with components, then it is a big problem for me, because i do not know if i can find the components, and if i find them, what the price would be.

A simple switch like this one ( http://www.silverdog.co.uk/shop/inde...&product_id=65 ) costs 0.20€ in Greece.

Comment

Hi RelicHunter88 & Davor

the connection.
        best time
        j
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

In Greece, individual components are hard to find, and expensive. If King Cobra does not come with components, then it is a big problem for me, because i do not know if i can find the components, and if i find them, what the price would be.

A simple switch like this one ( http://www.silverdog.co.uk/shop/inde...&product_id=65 ) costs 0.20€ in Greece.
            I take all components from oldie PCBs of monitors, TV sets, HDs, videorecorders, etc. people in our zine says TRASH TECH, because you find all necessary in trash electronics. you can try to find any electronics service around and get details without a charge. I do not see deep sense to send the components from Lithuania in Greece. thinking you do not find Lietuva on your globe so tiny country is this

Comment

I know where Lithuania is.
              At school, my degrees at Geography where always hight.

Anyway, if i decide to build a King Cobra, i will need a complete list of components, so see what i have, what i can scavenge and what i have to buy.
              If it is too expensive, i prefer to get the components from Lithuania and pay them of course, plus addition shipping, instead of paying for them 3-4 times their price in Greece.

Comment

hello kt315

im interested in cobra pcb but price for one bare pcb is hard

can you write or extract a bill of materials or partlist

so i could calculate the components price before i start project

btw thanks to your offer and your hard work for here

regards bernd

Comment

There is a list here:
                  http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...t=16172&page=5

Not sure if includes every single thing though...

Comment

hello Bernd.

I agree with you the price is hard, but I can not ask low than I paid for the manufacturing. PART LIST attached.
                    Can you call a reasonable estimate for one board in your opinion? I will email your reply to my maker, they will see their avaricious appetite.
                    yours
                    Attached Files

Comment

First, we have many tax laws, we are not missing any. We can give tax law to many countries and make the lives of their citizens miserable, while our lives are still miserable.

Second, you are basically encourage us to commit felonies. Of course i will not break the local law, i do not have a death wish, or worse, but someone might break it and then accuse you.
                      To fight back, there are legal means that we can use. If nothing happens, then our powers as citizens are limited to that. Sometime you will not be heard, or if heard, we will be ignored? What we can do? Take the mountains and become Guerrillas?

Third, this discussion is of topic.
                      Hi RelicHunter88,

I really suggest you join the darktreasurehunter forum, because then I can give you very good advice to survive in Greece with a metaldetector and don't get caught or mutilated.
                      http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=18

Strictly spoken you are breaking already the law by looking for detectors or DIY projects because it contains the intention that you are interested in finding treasures (and not just rusty nails because this would be meaningless and dumb).

B U T ::::::::

This world is a world of power and possibilities.

Do what thou wilt is the whole law! Aleister Crowley

The only law that exists is survival of the smartest and toughest.

This world including treasures can be yours if you have enough power.

Let's take a look how laws gets created:
                      In democracy there's a parliament with partys aka interest representatives (sometimes sponsored by lobbyists) and if there is a majority the new law starts to exists - or old laws starts to nonexist.

You call this justice? NO, this is not justice, this is the
                      manifested will of powerful purpose-communities and
                      nothing else.

Is it justice that women throughout the world don't get punished by betraying and fooling men with make-up?
                      Just because the judges and lawyers don't wanna make their spouses and girlfriends angry so they get no more sex from them?!

Justice - in this world - a big laugh!!!

You can't punish a mouse if it eats one of your potatoes in the cellar if you can't catch this mouse. Animals are very very "evil thiefs" , like some treasure - hunters, they just take what they find. That's not criminal, thats the law of nature and of survival.

Of course the rich and most powerful people in this world wanna
                      have laws that ensure that all kind of wealth, property and fortune
                      will belong to them. It's everywhere the same:

The powerful groups and societies STEAL the land, property and all kind of ressources from the poor and weak (invading countries or destroying weaker societies like the indians or inkas or natives all around the world), destroying their life and building laws that ensure that their new wealth will remain for ever to them!

Law, this is an illusional construction for the weak puppies of this
                      society so that everything functions as it should in the eyes of the
                      strong and mighty.

Those powerful leader of countries are so extremly greedy that they even create laws for "trash under the ground" - because in a chance of 1 of 1000 there could be a golden coin they want!

The true art of treasure hunting is: "stealth-mode".

It has something to do with master thiefs, cursed crypts and the "turin school" - masters of those even cracked the diamond headquarter in Antwerpen, Belgium and tricked every hitec security there.

And we dark treasure hunters won't let us stop, not from authorities of this world and not from all kind of gods and beliefs, superstitions or the air of death.

RelicHunter88, wait until winter time to built a detector and be shure that you really wanna do the right things! If there are really landmines from 2nd worldwar scattered and you are not absolutly shure how active or dangerous those still are go and get yourself a better hobby!

This is a serious warning! You will find bombs and stuff for shure, you have no idea how many old war-relics are scattered all around. One guy from Greece here in this forum found a "bouncing betty" - you don't wanna find those! Really not.

regards, dark treasure

Comment

dark treasure, i will reply here only in anything that does not break the forum rules, you can sent me a PM for anything else, and i will answer to your then.

Making or building an detector is not considered illegal. If i use the detector, find antiquities and be arrested because i tried or sold them, it is possible that i will be charged for predetermined illicit trade of antiquities. It does not matter much through...
                        You will got in prison for a long time, and your butt will become common property, (literally) because you will sent to the same prison as all the felons, with illicit trade of antiquities alone. Predetermination will probably get you the max sentence, the sentence you will probably get anyway.

As for the dangers, life itself puts as in a condition of constant danger, What lives can die, and there are millions of things that can go wrong each single day, and we may not see the end of it.
                        Be carefull, and you have greater chances to survive. Dig carefully, and if you are unlucky to find a mine, you call the army to defuse it, you do not try anything yourself.

Comment

Hi RelicHunter88,

forum rules are also laws and something "rules" means that something has weight, is important or is cool.

In your special case also this whole "law thing" is not totally offtopic because the topic also was that you are from a country that has very restricted laws.

And I think it is also important because it's not just Greece but more countries as we heard already (Serbia and Croatia) and because it is important that a law has some acceptance !!! In Iran some treasure-hunters even will get sentenced to death!

And all those anti-treasure-hunting laws are not really acceptable.
                          So this thread also shines some light on "acceptance" and how people like you act or think as "potential criminalized victims of society".

Tt would be MUCH better if you would buy a professional detector with all those land mines and stuff there in Greece because most time those are steel so it would be much more save that you discriminate them compared with a selfbuilt detector !!!

Good detectors will discriminate reliable iron and steel, so you can hunt almost save for "useful stuff", but if those DIY circuits are also that reliable ist very questionable.

btw. it is paradox that hunting for war-relics in Greece seems to be no felony, because this could do much more harm. Cynically spoken seems those who create these laws like to get rid of the treasure-hunter problem by let them run into their own knife or mine-fields!

As you see your topic under all such special circumstances is a little bit complexer issue than just "give me info how building a detector." It is the responsability of those who know it better to give somebody the whole picture or the "complete truth". This is better for the interest-community of everyone who deals or works or produces metal-detectors because of "safety first"-reasons.

99% of the members here will not see you as a person that perhaps intents to do something restricted or "bad" or whatever but you have our full sympathy.

Finally: Shure, life is full of danger, but you must not seek it at all costs. Your life is more precious than some playing with fire. btw. I have friends from Greece and they even told me where I could find treasures there.

If this 88 is your birth year you're still young and some here have good experience that's why we wanna give you the real needed info in your "somehow special situation" so that you will have success with treasure hunting (even in "hot" Greece) and will enjoy it !

Yes, you can PM me or I can PM you, too, for further "delicate" or important information.

regards, dark treasure

Comment

Of course you can talk about legal issues here, and i will reply to anything legal related, but for others matters of discussion, PMs will be more appropriate.

For example, Aleister Crowley is not much related to metal detectors, amateur geology or treasure/relic hunting, but he is an interesting matter for discussion.

Yes, 88 is from 1988, year of my birth.

Of course i am looking for a detector with discrimination, and the detector (home or factory made) will be tested thoroughly before actual use in the field.

But as a Relic Hunter, i am interested in war relics. Relics like helmets, knifes, weapons, shells, tools and many other things, are made out of ferus alloys, steel, or iron, so i will have to dig out ferus targets that can be land mines or bombs.
                            I know that is dangers and you cannot just learn about battles and determine if there can be land mines around, because in Civil War, Communists and also Loyalists, put land mines everywhere but in areas that where incorporated later in the Hellenic Republic, like the island of Rhodes.
                            So i will may end up digging land mines. Many have dug up land mines and if you are careful, you will not trigger them and call the army to diffuse them. Some people tried to defuse them them selves, or dug them out, or keep them, or thought that there where boxes and tried to oped them and blown their selves up... I know about these facts.

I believe that a detector like IGSL or King Cobra will provide enough discrimination for the job.

Comment

Sound Card Update

The suggested Sound Card is unknown here...

I search and i found this one:
                              http://www.multirama.gr/products/pro...6&catid=021000

And this one:
                              http://www.kotsovolos.gr/site/produc...catid=10101226
                              This is Asus Xonar DG 5.1, not the Xonar DS that was suggested.
                              (Asus website: http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/Audio...specifications )

Sound cards have dissappeared from the local market... Strange...

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X