X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biogas View Post
    However intrested me this TGSL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUOcCQBqU4
    Have someone this pcp&schmatic?
    I don't see even ground test with TGSL... Have someone that?
    All the details are here ->
    http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15710

Comment

Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
      Thank you!

Please write me, why work better than the other detector? For example that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BZXey4SsUU

It is not bad, but this is KING!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUOcCQBqU4

What is the different? Coil?

Thx

Comment

Thank you!

Please write me, why work better than the other detector? For example that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BZXey4SsUU

Thx
        The most likely difference is the coil construction, but component tolerancing will also have an effect. If you read the whole of the TGSL threads, you will see that some people have more success than others in building good coils. However, I would expect that both detectors shown in the videos will perform more or less the same in the field. Great performance in an air test does not equate to great target depth in the ground.

Comment

hello

Qiaozhi is right, with a trick and overtuning i got with my igsl a 2€ coin over 50cm in air with 30*38 sef coil
          but in real ground absolute useles and unstable

i think you should start witg tgsl and a comercial coil
          i build mine with a used coil from eb**.co.uk
          whole detector was under 100€
          if you get the right performance with your own build detector you can try to build you own coils and compare with commercial one

search my vids on yt search for igsl sef
          regards

Comment

Yes i agree !

Coil construction is THE problem.

May be in the future we can buy some coils for low prices. (in France they are very expansives)

Bests regards.

Comment

Thank you!

Thx

The "King" is ordinary TGSL with addition of monostable triggering at audio output.
              Whole information about that addition is presented somewhere on Tesoro Golden Sabre thread, which is HUGE and right now i can't tell exactly on which page it is!
              Monostable is ok and can be very deep on medium and "soft" soils.
              I tested it on few soils and it is indeed very deep.
              On highly mineralized soils it can turn unstable and can produce lot of false signals.
              Therefore is good to implement additional switch with "Normal" and "Monostable" modes of operation.
              Just make ordinary TGSL and later add monostable.
              Or make SMW. It is very deep too.
              Cheers!

Comment

Air tests are great for testing metal detectors in the air.

If our targets were in the air - then we could test our machines by burying the targets and see if the ground was just as good as the air case..

I get 100MPG from my 3litre diesel turbo - it weighs 2tonnes
                but I only drive it at 30mph on a test track

With IGSL etc for reliable use in european soils - You can often divide by three from air to ground.

So 12" in air being 4" in the ground etc.

S

Comment

Hallo!

I think the Goldmaxx is the best for coin, then I would like to build it! I don't build a detector yet, but I have help to build.

But thank you your idea!
                  However intrested me this TGSL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUOcCQBqU4
                  Have someone this pcp&schmatic?
                  I don't see even ground test with TGSL... Have someone that?

Thx

MfG: Biogas
                  Hi
                  Ive done plenty of ground tests with both TGSLs that I built and they work quite well, if you read through the threads of TGSL project, TGSL experiments, TGSL problems, everything is covered no stone unturned. There not the best far depth, they hate powerlines, mobile phone masts etc, The Discrimination doesnt come any better if used correctly.
                  To get the maximum performance out of one of these designes you need component specification tightly knitted to Ivonics TGSL circuit and a good front end as per spec.
                  If you build with components out the bag then theres a luck factor to how these and may I add any metal detector will perform.
                  There was more input into this project on Geotec by fellow engineers and novis alike than any other project todate, infact its still going on under TGSL experiments although diluted now because other projects have been introduced into the forum.
                  All I can suggest no matter what project you deside to build on here read every thread conserning it before you start refering back to it as you build and it will be plain sailing.
                  If your going to build your own coils you must have at least a Scope and accurate LCR meter, if you havent got those your waisting your time, better off buying a 5 pin Tesoro coil.
                  Hope this helps and all the best

Dave

Comment

Hi everybody!

Thank you the ideas and help!

I know, dont the deep is the most importaint (selection, ground, stable signal, recovery, etc), but the man (I ) would the best detector building.

I dont have Scope, but my fried have it! And LCR meter I have.
                    If I build a detector, than would I would like buy a factoy coil (than perhaps build a coil).

I would like buy a kit from silverdog, but now it is not open (vacation). (or buy it the parts from other shops?)
                    But which, I do not know yet. I read the topics, than perhaps can i chose...

IGSL = is a Minelab Muskeeter? With low ~5 kHz? This work with Minelab coil (Muskeeter Advantge)
                    TGSL = tesoro Golden Sabre improved version, with 13-15 kHz
                    SMW = Cezar? With low ~5 kHz? This work with Minelab coil (Muskeeter Advantge)

Thx
                    &
                    Best regards

Biogas

Comment

Biogas,

What do you look for in detecting?

small gold?
                      modern currency?
                      relics?

Where do you want to do it - - -

Do you have high iron content soil?

Trashy land - pull tabs, nails, farm machinery parts?

Wet sand.?

Dry sand.?

Grassy land.?

Do you need Descrimination - are you prepared to dig all targets?

When do you want to do this...

It can take you a month of fiddlig to get these machines going well.
                      Ask a few guys on here how long they have been engineering IGSL for example!

Im handy, mine is still in bits after a year.

when you can answer questions like this - you can pick a machine to make or buy.

UK has some small silver coin fragments, small gold antiquities - 18kHz sees these easily.

Wheres, 5kHz would not.

6kHz sees medium and large coins.

8kHz is general purpose in Europe.

I use 11kHz on an IDX pro - it finds small items, has some depth - not a lot, and is not too unstable/twitchy.

homemade machines above ~ 14kHz can be more 'twitchy'

A real quality machine for Europe is th 18kHx Goldmaxx Power. It cleans out all targets with ease.

I would have one if I had more land.

S

Comment

Detecting in Middle Eu

Hi!

Thank you your letter! I’m hunting since 2005, and I had 13 detectors (MD-China, Home made, Home made, Minelab Exp II, Nexus prototyp, Nexus Coronado 18 kHz, Nexus Standard SE, Home made, Goldmaxx power, Home made, Deus lite, Minelab Etrac, Home made Digital). I know about which detector Ideal for exaplme for relics, hammered, or goldnugget. But now I would like BUILD a detector myself. Primarily of fun due to the alternative for the money. I would have loved for the first build the Goldmaxx Power, because it was ideal for me. Whereas it now appears that this is not possible (nobody have: scheme, PCB, partlist, experience in constuction, etc), than I must search an other type, one that fits my needs</SPAN> (TGSL, IGSL, SMW, Tesoro Tejon, ?). Which I know, I need a lot of reading, experience, skills and community, andI need to be lucky too.

What do you look for in detecting?
                        small gold? We havnot small gold. (just big!!! )
                        modern currency? No
                        relics? No
                        We have:
                        - roman small and medium coins (99% Cu, 1% Ag, 0,0000000…0000001% Au) but not muchhasbeen, almost all the village robbed, perhaps in the deep there are a couple of pieces
                        - Some hammered coins (I have a home made digital detector for hammered)
                        Where do you want to do it - - -
                        Do you have high iron content soil? Maybe
                        Trashy land - pull tabs, nails, farm machinery parts? Yes, lot of
                        Wet sand.? No beach
                        Dry sand.? Occasionally
                        Grassy land.? Yes, pasture
                        Do you need Descrimination - are you prepared to dig all targets? I need disc, than don’t PI detector .

When do you want to do this...
                        It can take you a month of fiddlig to get these machines going well.
                        Ask a few guys on here how long they have been engineering IGSL for example!
                        Im handy, mine is still in bits after a year.

I know, this build whitout experience is hard, but I’m commited!

when you can answer questions like this - you can pick a machine to make or buy.

Now I say: is to be constructed rather than buy one.

UK has some small silver coin fragments, small gold antiquities - 18kHz sees these easily.
                        Wheres, 5kHz would not.
                        6kHz sees medium and large coins. I our land the large coin is sparse. Maybe this coins are in the deep, under the plowing.
                        8kHz is general purpose in Europe.
                        I use 11kHz on an IDX pro - it finds small items, has some depth - not a lot, and is not too unstable/twitchy.
                        homemade machines above ~ 14kHz can be more 'twitchy' I had a home made detector, wich was whit ~14 kHz. This was super, for coins!
                        A real quality machine for Europe is th 18kHx Goldmaxx Power. It cleans out all targets with ease.
                        I would have one if I had more land.
                        S

Comment

You sound well experienced.

You agree with all, that the goldmax power is the machine. No gimmics, all performance. A pro bit of kit.

touchy with coke though, as most machines are. Coke mod available.

"I would have loved for the first build the Goldmaxx Power, because it was ideal for me."

You had Goldmax but now you dont - you want to build machine that is like a Goldmaxx power. Expect big drop in performance with kits on here.

The goldmaxx will be a full wave demod type - of which there are non on this site as projects in kit form from silverdog - so you wont get depth like the XP box.

The main VLF IB projects on here are based on medium quality units from the 80's

all of which - have half wave type demod and throw half of Rx signal away.

The IDX is reasonable but frequency would need raising for hammereds and roman bronze etc. I made mine at 11kHz with less turns on Tx coil and cap of 1/2 value.

If you want the build fun and dont expect perfomance - any kit will do.

For a fast build kit with a bit of depth - try a PI like the Surf - Ive had a couple of roman bronze with this. No roman bronze with IGSL or IDX.

But you have to dig all !.

Comment

Silverdog

Hi!

Does anyone know, when the Silverdog opens?
                            http://www.silverdog.co.uk/
                            "The shop will open as normal 29th August 2012"

In our country is 3rd September 2012 yet!

Comment

Hi!

ThANK YOU THE ANSWER!

You sound well experienced.

You agree with all, that the goldmax power is the machine. No gimmics, all performance. A pro bit of kit.

touchy with coke though, as most machines are. Coke mod available.

What does it mean: COKE, COKE MOD?

"I would have loved for the first build the Goldmaxx Power, because it was ideal for me."

You had Goldmax but now you dont - you want to build machine that is like a Goldmaxx power. Expect big drop in performance with kits on here.

The goldmaxx will be a full wave demod type - of which there are non on this site as projects in kit form from silverdog - so you wont get depth like the XP box.

The main VLF IB projects on here are based on medium quality units from the 80's

all of which - have half wave type demod and throw half of Rx signal away.

The IDX is reasonable but frequency would need raising for hammereds and roman bronze etc. I made mine at 11kHz with less turns on Tx coil and cap of 1/2 value.

If you want the build fun and dont expect perfomance - any kit will do.

Yes, I would buy a KIT. Now is 99%!
                              But which, I do not know yet, because fortunately there are a lot of good ideas!

For a fast build kit with a bit of depth - try a PI like the Surf - Ive had a couple of roman bronze with this. No roman bronze with IGSL or IDX.
                              But you have to dig all !.

Thank you, NO PI!
                              Our contry are full with trash, I must detector whit good selection!

Comment

Working...
                              X