No announcement yet.

IDX-PRO+VDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Confirm what I suggested is actually what is happening.

2 Identify the phase of the return of the wet grass/

Your guess is as good as mine for a solution.

We either bodge existing hardware or redesign.

We could add another channel and dedicated phase shifter for wet grass. Feed both geb and grass outputs to a unity gain summing amp then output result into instrumentation amp as before.

May be difficult to align in use. Geb on its own is enough.

IT May be possible to integrate both GEB and grass signal to zero.

- If the phase of the grass signal occurs after the gnd signal phase, then if we could delay the gating pulse to cover that phase also.
    Attached Files

Comment

• It may be a solution. One could make the way IGSL GB with 2 potentiometers, but I want to work with a potentiometer GB anything else, like other detectors such as Garrett ACE 150.250, etc ...

Comment

• why not put a second circuit geb and put a switch to select normal mode or wet grass

Comment

• Originally posted by ashefr10 View Post
          why not put a second circuit geb and put a switch to select normal mode or wet grass
          With the wet grass no problem. The problem comes when using the 2-tone mode. In normal mode the ferrite reject, reject everything else, such as hot rocks, ceramics of all kinds, non-mineralized and mineralized soils. When using the 2-tone mode, to reject the ferrite is not enough. The other things as soil, bricks, ceramics, etc., are detected. If we reject the ceramic, mineralized soils and non-mineralized, we have problems with hot rocks. (detected as iron, with a low tone). Other detectors such as Garrett ACE 250 has a single pot of GB and this does the job without having to have 2 GB potentiometers.

Comment

• Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
            With the wet grass no problem. The problem comes when using the 2-tone mode. In normal mode the ferrite reject, reject everything else, such as hot rocks, ceramics of all kinds, non-mineralized and mineralized soils. When using the 2-tone mode, to reject the ferrite is not enough. The other things as soil, bricks, ceramics, etc., are detected. If we reject the ceramic, mineralized soils and non-mineralized, we have problems with hot rocks. (detected as iron, with a low tone). Other detectors such as Garrett ACE 250 has a single pot of GB and this does the job without having to have 2 GB potentiometers.
            I agree but Garrette and other detectors have an automatic geb

Comment

• are the mode 2 tones detector idx has the same problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by ashefr10 View Post
                are the mode 2 tones detector idx has the same problem?
                Yes.

Comment

• WE WOULD THE DIAGRAM 250 or ACE 150 ACE, but it must be controlled by a programmable circuit

Comment

• if someone want to connect an original coil to the idx and would not change the plug.....
                    I've experimented a little time and i have the solution for the problem.......
                    the 7-pin socket of the known connection system is it very good.
                    you must remove a 2 pole and the original plug fits.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• One could make the way IGSL GB with 2 potentiometers,
                      You may be able to reconfigure the 2nd Geb channel into the Non Ferrous channel. Disable the non ferrous Rx channel.

You would need to sum the 2 geb outputs.

I did a similar thing but with the Disc Channels, I made my Ferrous Ch into a non ferrous So I had 2 Desc's One set for gold and one set for Silver. both with their own geb as before.

Its a real shame we are stuck in this cycle of hamming up very average machines from the 80's.

I am making an IDX at the moment, I know it will not do wet grass - like IGSL, also it will favour BIG targets as low frequency. I know it wont really be deep as it has single ended Detectors - rather than balanced type.

But I need a machine quickly for a permission in early Sept... rock hard place

Does make me want to buy one now.

You can get the Deus Coil head, as a separate item and the Controller headphones as a spare also - if You ADD a 'Stick' you save £300 vs Deus lite unit.

S

Comment

• Who has sizes or the drawing for the coil DD of 27 cm? Thanks

Comment

• for the coil-size....take a look to Don Bower's TGSL 101

regards, marc

Comment

• hello all,
                            Last week I got my original coil. the bluemax950. But even with this my idx does not work. But I can not find fault. pinpoint because if I hit, I can hear a tone. when I turn the treshhold, this tone louder. I measure the correct frequency on tx-connection. changes in the last layout I did not yet. are the parts would still be the first layouts in there.
                            maybe someone has an idea? or can give me some values ​​that I can measure it in the circuit?

regards, marc
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Im not sure how this works - Im making one but its not ready yet..

I cant work this one out..

If you look at schematic..

2 modes of operation - Switch open or Closed.

A - closed MOS switch - ALL Three channels running
                              non motion pinpoint CH, GEB, DISC

B - open MOS switch - GEB and Disc Channels Unconnected

Looks like in Normal Disc mode the non motion (noisey) CH is live too.

I may very easily be wrong though!
                              S
                              ps that pot is 10k
                              Beware on this the supplies are a bit odd - The Battery 0v is effectively -4v NOT GND

Ground or the potential of the sheilds is at 1/2 of the 8volt rail or +4V

Comment

• Originally posted by Schatztaucher View Post
                                hello all,
                                Last week I got my original coil. the bluemax950. But even with this my idx does not work. But I can not find fault. pinpoint because if I hit, I can hear a tone. when I turn the treshhold, this tone louder. I measure the correct frequency on tx-connection. changes in the last layout I did not yet. are the parts would still be the first layouts in there.
                                maybe someone has an idea? or can give me some values ​​that I can measure it in the circuit?

regards, marc
                                You have to replace the resistance of 47 ohms for a 1K potentiometer. Your LF 347 has too much gain and so gives a constant sound. Happened to me just like you. To put a potentiometer 1 K, you can adjust the gain so allows.

Comment

Working...
                                X