frequency RX 14 KHZ instead of 16khz as cited in about the file version 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frequency RX 14 KHZ instead of 16khz as cited in about the file version 3

frequenc of the rx is 14, 8 kHz instead of 16 as cited in about the file version 3. why? and there you can change the frequency of RX if so how? thank you

Originally posted by ashefr10 View Post
    frequenc of the rx is 14, 8 kHz instead of 16 as cited in about the file version 3. why? and there you can change the frequency of RX if so how? thank you
    You cannot have a different receive frequency to the one you are transmitting. If the TX is 14.8kHz, then the received signal will also be 14.8kHz, regardless of the tuning capacitor. Think of the RX coil and its associated tuning capacitor as a high Q filter. The more off-tune the RX coil, the lower the amplitude. The 16kHz frequency in the document refers to the frequency to which the RX coil is tuned. This does not mean that the RX frequency will actually be 16kHz.

Comment

I do not understand your last sentence. you say that the 16 kHz in the document corresponds to the frequency of rx?

Comment

Most VLF detectors off set the Receive from the Transmit by at least a few hundred Hz in order to produce the Phase change needed in the Discrimation section.

Comment

Originally posted by ashefr10 View Post
          I do not understand your last sentence. you say that the 16 kHz in the document corresponds to the frequency of rx?
          16kHz is not the RX frequency ... it is the frequency that the RX coil is tuned to.
          As Homefire said, the TX and RX coils are tuned to different frequencies to create the necessary phase-offset for the TGSL GB and DISC circuits.

Try running a simulation in LTSpice to get a better understanding.

Comment

I would like to see what you come up with. I have decided to dedicate some time to learning about the functionality of metal detectors. Im learning a lot here fast. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Here is an explanation how it works with IGSL and Musketeer-like DD coil. I adjusted balance to about -66dB at 8kHz to be able to show the frequency response. I think it is self explanatory.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X