PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of long range locators?

Elie
08-09-2007, 05:15 AM
It is too hard to remember what everyone thinks of long range locators!
Do you think that they work? Do you think that they do not work? Do you think that they might work? Do you think that only those made by one manufacturer work?
Everyone should post what they think of long range locators, so that certain posts in other threads in this section will be clearer.
I say that long range locators are hoaxes, and that they do not work.

WesP
08-09-2007, 08:11 AM
NO! It amazes me the anyone believes that they will. If it sounds too good to be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may not be an electronics genius but I know that if they really worked everyone would have one.:lol:

WesP

Max
08-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh yeah they work... BUT
seems that from last research we made... they work only in the REGION 4
(SA/Brazil) like DVDs... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe they have also some GPS inside... between the batteries I mean :razz:

Kind regards,
Max

Qiaozhi
08-09-2007, 10:10 PM
It is too hard to remember what everyone thinks of long range locators!
Do you think that they work? Do you think that they do not work? Do you think that they might work? Do you think that only those made by one manufacturer work?
Everyone should post what they think of long range locators, so that certain posts in other threads in this section will be clearer.
LRLs do not work, whoever the manufacturer may be. Most of them are intentionally designed as hoaxes, but some are produced by people with little or no scientific background, who delude themselves into thinking that they have a working device. In all cases these so-called LRLs are based on dubious pseudoscientific principles.
This really is a case of buyer beware!

Carl-NC
08-10-2007, 01:06 AM
As I've said several times before, LRLs work exactly one time, when the buyer hands money over to the manufacturer. At that point, the LRL has successfully located treasure, and it is at the end of its useful life.

- Carl

Geo
08-10-2007, 06:04 AM
I partially disagree because I have seen lrl working (no from me naturally). I know persons that found objects with lrl. At my opinion the problem with lrl is that they are not reliably. A metal detector with anyone of operator if it passes above a metal will give us a sound notice. Lrl they want experience, perhaps suitable person and they don't locate always what we want. I will remember you of course also the cases where when they detect rocks and rust they remember they are activated. In general lines I would say that they work but they are not reliable as for the object of detection (neither that will detect a object 100%, maybe 10....20%)

Max
08-10-2007, 06:29 AM
Hi,
well I think that the wrong thing in researching for a true LRL system that work is the absence of any PHYSICS.
I mean, one could also build a thing that have a broadband amplifier inside... some antenna, some gnd plane etc etc but then hope that "the thing" can find something is pure speculation.

Speculative thinking, that is good e.g. in not-exact "sciences" like e.g. psychology or even also (sometimes) economics , is not any good or of any usefulness in any real electronic application.
Even e.g. fuzzy-logic devices have their rational thinking behind.

Speculative thinking is useful to test, try and find out new physics too... but then one must use scientific method to confirm theories, results etc etc then the theory stop being a pure hypotesis and become science.

People that want to find "the way" to real LRL must first read a ton of physics books and figure out if exist some kind of principle (or discover new by research) they could use to realize a true electronic LRL.

What we see here, about commercial LRL, are just claims... fake circuits... self-convincing thoughts... nothing really useful or working.

Once found A SUITABLE REAL PHYSIC PRINCIPLE application is often easy... actual technology, cheapy components and processes make manifacturing (often) a piece of cake.

Problem is related to existence of any good real principle and knowledge about it.

That's my point of view.

Kind regards,
Max

J_Player
08-10-2007, 07:23 AM
I think the LRLs available on the market are cool. They look kinda like star wars weapons and are fun to play with. If the price of LRLs ever drops to the cost of parts plus 20% I will buy two of each and mount them all on a large display board. I would display each in its original condition alongside a second cut away and fitted with a clear plastic case so people can see what's inside.

When guests come to visit I could show them the mass of telephone wires crammed inside one LRL, and the buzzing solenoid inside another, even the cut-away gold-containing ion chamber, and others with nothing inside at all!

I've never seen a LRL available for sale on the open market demonstrated to work, but I have seen and used a couple of LRLs built and owned by private individuals that worked like the builders said they would (these are not for sale).

Best wishes,
J_P

Max
08-10-2007, 08:08 AM
I think the LRLs available on the market are cool. They look kinda like star wars weapons and are fun to play with. If the price of LRLs ever drops to the cost of parts plus 20% I will buy two of each and mount them all on a large display board. I would display each in its original condition alongside a second cut away and fitted with a clear plastic case so people can see what's inside.

When guests come to visit I could show them the mass of telephone wires crammed inside one LRL, and the buzzing solenoid inside another, even the cut-away gold-containing ion chamber, and others with nothing inside at all!

I've never seen a LRL available for sale on the open market demonstrated to work, but I have seen and used a couple of LRLs built and owned by private individuals that worked like the builders said they would (these are not for sale).

Best wishes,
J_P

Hi JP,
that's fine.

"I have seen and used a couple of LRLs built and owned by private individuals that worked like the builders said they would "

that's the point here: what they said their LRL would work ? ;)
In other words: what that LRLs really do ?

Please explain.

Kind regards,
Max

J_Player
08-10-2007, 08:50 AM
that's the point here: what they said their LRL would work ? ;)
In other words: what that LRLs really do ?

They located from a long range beyond the reach of any metal detector. The point is they are not available for anyone to buy on the open market. The only LRLs for sale on the open market cannot be demonstrated to work.

Think about it. Suppose you had an electronic instrument that located metal objects in a certain weight range and discriminated, from a range of over 50 feet. If this detector worked every time regardless of weather, and solar conditions, would you rush out and try to sell it? Wouldn't you quietly go treasure hunting and hope nobody found out about your treasure or your locator? What reason would an inventor of a working electronic LRL have to manufacture and sell it? Can you think of a reason?

Best wishes,
J_P

Max
08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
They located from a long range beyond the reach of any metal detector. The point is they are not available for anyone to buy on the open market. The only LRLs for sale on the open market cannot be demonstrated to work.

Think about it. Suppose you had an electronic instrument that located metal objects in a certain weight range and discriminated, from a range of over 50 feet. If this detector worked every time regardless of weather, and solar conditions, would you rush out and try to sell it? Wouldn't you quietly go treasure hunting and hope nobody found out about your treasure or your locator? What reason would an inventor of a working electronic LRL have to manufacture and sell it? Can you think of a reason?

Best wishes,
J_P

Hi JP,
yes , I think the same:

"If this detector worked every time regardless of weather, and solar conditions, would you rush out and try to sell it? Wouldn't you quietly go treasure hunting and hope nobody found out about your treasure or your locator? What reason would an inventor of a working electronic LRL have to manufacture and sell it? Can you think of a reason?"

Why selling it ? To make money ??? :lol:

Who needs money if have such a kind of device ! Right !
I've said so many times here.

Why patenting too ? Nobody will never patent such a thing !
To say to the world "LRL is real and can be done this way ?" ! No way!
Then having tax agents all around your house ??? :lol:

All right! This is the way things go out there.

"Can you think of a reason?" yes but... it's remote possibility: out of vanity !

So someone really made one ? Nice.

Poor Hung ! :razz: Could be very depressing for him now ! :lol:

Kind regards,
Max

J_Player
08-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Poor Hung ! :razz: Could be very depressing for him now ! :lol:Don't feel sorry for Hung. He is very happy, not depressed. He says he already has a working LRL ever since he modified his Ranger Tell.

Best wishes,
J_P

Qiaozhi
08-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Don't feel sorry for Hung. He is very happy, not depressed. He says he already has a working LRL ever since he modified his Ranger Tell.

Best wishes,
J_P
No - I don't feel sorry for Hung. He's happy in his self-deluded state. :rolleyes:

gold24h
08-11-2007, 01:40 AM
If i was to discover a lrl that truley worked i would tell other treasure hunters every detail and i will explian.There is an old saying that there is more welth buried underground than people have aboveground,There is so much treasure on the planet earth that it would never be all found and there ie enough to go around,i would be proud to help all the treasure hunters that have searched for treasure all there life with nothing but a map and metal detecter.I do not understand why anybody who had a working locater would not want to share the details.

J_Player
08-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Hi gold24h,
I do not understand why anybody who had a working locater would not want to share the details.Perhaps it will help to take a look at the recent development of metal detectors. When metal detectors began finding targets over a foot deep at a reasonable price that most people can afford, larger numbers of hunters went looking for treasure. As they collected more treasures, the governments began to make it illegal to use these metal detectors, as well as making it illegal to hunt for treasures. As time passes and we see more people treasure hunting, we see more laws to put a stop to the hunting.

Now suppose a new rush of LRL wielding people came out digging craters all over the countryside, and stories started surfacing of amazing treasure recoveries. Do you suppose these locators would be banned, as well as treasure hunting outside designated areas?

There are some people who think the governments would make effective long range locators illegal for anyone to use except for state-approved archaeologists who would prevent any private citizens from legally finding treasures.

Your concept of spreading the news of how to build a working LRL seems like great intentions, and if you did, I am sure all would say you are a "nice guy". Hopefully you would consider the consequences before actually doing that.

Best wishes,
J_P

Max
08-11-2007, 06:44 AM
If i was to discover a lrl that truley worked i would tell other treasure hunters every detail and i will explian.There is an old saying that there is more welth buried underground than people have aboveground,There is so much treasure on the planet earth that it would never be all found and there ie enough to go around,i would be proud to help all the treasure hunters that have searched for treasure all there life with nothing but a map and metal detecter.I do not understand why anybody who had a working locater would not want to share the details.

Hi gold24h,
I think the opposite. Maybe I'm blind, like someone say here, or just maybe I'm too realistic and know just bad people... but I think the opposite.

If someone gain such a knowledge to make a real, working, discriminative LRL why the need of making public the discovery ?

Open an e.g. factory and making them ? Selling ? Making money ?
Or patenting ? Or just put the schematic in a forum , e.g. here ?

Nothing of all that. That's what I think.

Money ? You'll find all the money you want with such an LRL yourself.
No need of selling anything.

Patenting ? why ? Same for the others.

I'm sure that this person would like to enjoy his discovery, make easy money and live e.g. not in an office for many hours every day.
Yes, another advantage could be enjoying nature... living just to gain the emotions of new discoveries. Or not ?
Of course, if that person is good he could also do a lot of charity work.
Why not ?

But why making the discovery public domain ?

It's a dream. So why one have to share his dream with others, I mean unknown people... what's the reason ?

Vanity ? Philanthropy ? Or just madness ?

Of couse one could also do... having his reasons.

BUT
"There is an old saying that there is more welth buried underground than people have aboveground,There is so much treasure on the planet earth that it would never be all found and there ie enough to go around"

Eh ? Do you think that any government, knowing that a thing like that (LRL) exist for real and work, would give you the authorization to go up and down with your pistol in hand searching for treasures ??? :lol:

There are great examples of what I say thinking e.g. at Bahamas islands and lost ships there... broken agreements by government with rescue societies! :razz: Lot to read about how governments "stole" breaking agreements they made with private individuals, that spent their entire life searching for a ship!

What do you think ? That states have no need of GOLD too ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If so, you're a bit naive my friend.

Best regards,
Max

Elie
08-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Thanks to everyone who has replied, but surely there must be more people with opinions.

Max
08-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks to everyone who has replied, but surely there must be more people with opinions.

Hi Elie,
I think there are. Most of them are skeptic, I'm sure, but want to test devices before considering closed that "alternative door".

Problem is that they would like testing some schematic... build the LRLs ... but there is no schematic available. Not buying the stuff, cause of the risk involved.

So, the strategy is sit at the window, watching others and reading posts...
awaiting for news.

Best regards,
Max

Jim
08-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I think Long Range Locators are a mixture of wishful thinking and fantasizing non- obtainable wealth. They do not work, but give the gullible an excuse to continue with their dream and the scam artist another paycheck.

gallileo60
08-21-2007, 01:29 AM

Crock O crap...............No way do they work...At least not in the real sense of "long" range....I think the current state of the art in metal detection is pretty well known, by both the scientific, and amatuer community...Tom

Elie
08-26-2007, 10:38 PM
I originally wrote:
I avoided simply writing, "Long range locators are hoaxes," because I did not want to make it look like I was telling anyone what to write. However, now that a lot of opinions have been posted, I want everyone to understand that I was not merely making a guess, and my statement is:
Long range locators are hoaxes.