PDA

View Full Version : attach files problem

Alexismex
02-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Hello Carl,Quiaozi,friends
Remember my problem , i still have the problem to upload attachs files (photos) and it is ONLY with Mozilla firefox
i have to switch to Explorer MS to upload ...
My question is :
Why with explorer i can post attach files
and with Firefox i can not ?
Ps : i put update the firefox , also i have remove it and install again ....and nothing ....
Please if you have any idea tell me.....Thanks

J_Player
02-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Remember my problem , i still have the problem to upload attachs files (photos) and it is ONLY with Mozilla firefox
My question is :
Ps : i put update the firefox , also i have remove it and install again ....and nothing ....
Please if you have any idea tell me.....ThanksHi Alexmex,
I have no problem to upload photos with Firefox or with IExplorer when I use Windows XP system.
When I use Linux system, I only use firefox, and no problem to upload photos.

You can check the browser security settings in Firefox.
Make sure it is allowing upload of photos, and that Geotech has no restrictions.

Also, problem could be from antivirus or firewall program.
You can check settings of the antivirus program and firewall to make sure they are allowing upload to Geotech.

I use Alvira free antivirus running on Windows XP, and no antivirus on Linux system.

Best wishes,
J_P

J_Player
02-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Also make sure you are logged in to upload photos.
If you are logged in in Internet Explorer, this will not allow you to upload photos from Firefox.
You must also log in from Firefox before you can upload photos from Firefox.

Best wishes,
J_P

mindfree
02-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Firefox has bugs related to uploading images esp with Vista.

You can use IE Tab add-on to emulate IE in a firefox tab. This should fix upload issues.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

HTH

Qiaozhi
02-22-2010, 10:06 AM
My question is :
Please if you have any idea tell me.....Thanks
Firefox is working ok for uploads to Geotech for both Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux. I have not tested Vista recently, so there may be a problem there as MindFree suggested. I have seen some issues recently with Googe Chrome on Vista when browsing another website, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Vista-related problem.

Alexismex
02-23-2010, 04:51 AM
Thanks ,i will try your ideas