PDA

View Full Version : Good start

Geo
11-27-2011, 08:00 AM
I wish a good start at this new forum.
I believe now we will be more free to write what we know or believe without fear that pseudoskeptics ironically for us constantly. I believe to keep a high level.

:cheers::cheers:

Qiaozhi
11-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Just in case no-one has read the updated rules yet, here they are ->
http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10526

Please read carefully, and take particular note of the part that says "Personal attacks and taunts will not be tolerated."

Enjoy the new website!

J_Player
11-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Just in case no-one has read the updated rules yet, here they are ->
http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10526

Please read carefully, and take particular note of the part that says "Personal attacks and taunts will not be tolerated."

Enjoy the new website!Does this mean that if a post or the title of a post is made which calls a forum member or class of members "stupid" or "liar", then this post will be removed?

Best wishes,
J_P

Qiaozhi
11-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Does this mean that if a post or the title of a post is made which calls a forum member or class of members "stupid" or "liar", then this post will be removed?

Best wishes,
J_P
If a post is made that calls a particular member an "idiot", or "stupid", or a "liar" (as just some examples), the post is considered as a personal attack and will be removed. The poster will then receive an infraction. There will be a 3 strike rule before anyone is suspended. Posts that attack a general class of member will be removed if they are considered inflammatory and/or taunting. The final decision is up to Admin - no questions asked. Circumventing the forum filters in order to post abusive wording will also incur an infraction.

If members keep their posts polite, and are courteous to each other, then things will run smoothly. Members should be able to disagree with other without a slanging match.

That's it, pure and simple. Now go and enjoy the new forum. :cheers:

Geo
11-27-2011, 02:49 PM
If a post is made that calls a particular member an "idiot", or "stupid", or a "liar" (as just some examples), the post is considered as a personal attack and will be removed. The poster will then receive an infraction. There will be a 3 strike rule before anyone is suspended. Posts that attack a general class of member will be removed if they are considered inflammatory and/or taunting. The final decision is up to Admin - no questions asked. Circumventing the forum filters in order to post abusive wording will also incur an infraction.

If members keep their posts polite, and are courteous to each other, then things will run smoothly. Members should be able to disagree with other without a slanging match.

That's it, pure and simple. Now go and enjoy the new forum. :cheers:

Bravo...

:cheers: :cheers:

kostas87
11-28-2011, 01:14 PM
good start to this new page!
hoping her page with some time to find that it really can work the lrl!
directly from theory and research ...!!!!

greeting..:)

Morgan
11-28-2011, 11:08 PM
good start to this new page!
hoping her page with some time to find that it really can work the lrl!
directly from theory and research ...!!!!

greeting..:)

I saw Geo locating my gold medalion(using Antenna Rod) before i tell him where it is,it was amazing,but not everybody lucky with L-rods,thats the problem ,but i believe with training.the chance to find something valuable is biger,anyway i prefere the electronics LRL´s.

He use one Rod like this one but no generator.

J_Player
11-29-2011, 06:27 AM
I believe now we will be more free to write what we know or believe without fear that pseudoskeptics ironically for us constantly. I believe to keep a high level.

:cheers::cheers:It seems there is a problem for the new forum. -- Nobody knows the forum is here.

I look at the people here and I see 3 people viewing in the Long Range Locators section, and nobody else.
This not even close to the normal traffic we see in Remote Sensing forum.

Then I look at the Geotech Remote Sensing forum and I see 36 people viewing, which is the normal amount of people for Remote Sensing at this time of day/night.
I emailed two people who told me they did not know why nobody can post anymore, and they did not know the remote sensing forum was moved.
They thought maybe the Remote Sensing forum is ended, or maybe software problems.
It appears nobody knows the Remote Sensing forum has moved except a few people who read the announcement section or my post in off-topic at Geotech.

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a new sticky post in Geotech Remote Sensing with a link to come here, so so they won't keep waiting to use the Remote Sensing forum at Geotech.
If this link is a new post in Remote Sensing, it will be the first post they see when they click to read the Geotech Remote Sensing forum.

Best wishes,
J_P

WM6
11-29-2011, 08:03 AM

:cheers::cheers:

Me too!

Probably pseudosceptics suit to pseudoscience which backed LRL theories.

Qiaozhi
11-29-2011, 09:33 AM
It seems there is a problem for the new forum. -- Nobody knows the forum is here.

I look at the people here and I see 3 people viewing in the Long Range Locators section, and nobody else.
This not even close to the normal traffic we see in Remote Sensing forum.

Then I look at the Geotech Remote Sensing forum and I see 36 people viewing, which is the normal amount of people for Remote Sensing at this time of day/night.
I emailed two people who told me they did not know why nobody can post anymore, and they did not know the remote sensing forum was moved.
They thought maybe the Remote Sensing forum is ended, or maybe software problems.
It appears nobody knows the Remote Sensing forum has moved except a few people who read the announcement section or my post in off-topic at Geotech.

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a new sticky post in Geotech Remote Sensing with a link to come here, so so they won't keep waiting to use the Remote Sensing forum at Geotech.
If this link is a new post in Remote Sensing, it will be the first post they see when they click to read the Geotech Remote Sensing forum.

Best wishes,
J_P
Make the most of this quiet period, and consider the current situation as a simple test. The slow learners will just take longer to get here.

It's not that difficult to figure out. You only have to read the "MOVING -- please read (http://www.geotech1.com/forums/announcement.php?f=13)" announcement at the start of the Remote Sensing Thread.

Perhaps they should have gone to SpecSavers. ;)

MIJ
11-29-2011, 10:38 AM
! Nice One! Qiaozhi Cheered up my Tuesday blues

J_Player
11-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Make the most of this quiet period, and consider the current situation as a simple test. The slow learners will just take longer to get here.

It's not that difficult to figure out. You only have to read the "MOVING -- please read (http://www.geotech1.com/forums/announcement.php?f=13)" announcement at the start of the Remote Sensing Thread.

Perhaps they should have gone to SpecSavers. ;)The announcement has been posted for a number of days now, but most of the people who regularly use the Remote sensing forum did not read the announcement.
They have no clue there is something to figure out.
They simply think the Geotech Remote Sensing forum has a problem that prevents anyone from posting.
I also confirmed this by email with a few members.
The proof is seen in the numbers of viewers seen at the old Geotech Remote Sensing, and the numbers at the new LRL forum:
Current viewer count: Geotech Remote Sensing = 36 // longrangelocators = 4.

These forum members who still are lingering at the Geotech Remote Sensing forum are mostly from countries which do not speak English as a native language.
From what they tell me, they click on the latest forum post link that is shown outside of the Remote Sensing forum and read it.
Then they click to get inside the remote sensing forum and they click on LRL topics that look interesting.
They don't bother to read anything at the top like announcements and sticky messages, unless they are shown as the most recent post they can click on from outside the forum.

However, if this is a beta test period, then I can see that you may want to prevent most readers from finding the new location of the LRL forum.
So it may be good to wait until the new changes are completed before putting the announcements where readers will be likely to read them.

Best wishes,
J_P

p.s. Here is how it would look if Carl put a single ordinary post in the Geotech Remote Sensing forum to tell the new link... it would work much better than a sticky announcement:

Qiaozhi
11-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Most of the 30+ people viewing the old forum are not registered members, and so far not one person has emailed Admin to ask what's going on.

I have just checked this now. Although it shows "32 Viewing", there is only one registered (and logged in) member trying to access the old forum ... and that's Andreas.

I suspect that many of the drive-by shooting brigade tend to look at the forums as a guest, before then logging in and causing problems. Of course, this means they don't see any activity, since there have been no posts (or so they assume), and they then go back to TNET where they usually reside.

I would make the most of this quiet period while it lasts. :D

J_Player
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Most of the 30+ people viewing the old forum are not registered members, and so far not one person has emailed Admin to ask what's going on.

I have just checked this now. Although it shows "32 Viewing", there is only one registered (and logged in) member trying to access the old forum ... and that's Andreas.

I suspect that many of the drive-by shooting brigade tend to look at the forums as a guest, before then logging in and causing problems. Of course, this means they don't see any activity, since there have been no posts (or so they assume), and they then go back to TNET where they usually reside.

I would make the most of this quiet period while it lasts. :DHi Qiaozhi,
This is exactly what I see.
The majority of these viewers are not registered to post.
They are mostly people from places that do not speak English as a native language.
I have run into some of these people in other treasure hunting forums, but not many of them are from Tnet.

The Tnet LRL forum people who visit here are mostly registered.
These are people like SWR, Theseus, Dave, Carl-NC, me, Arthur, hung, fennixdigger, saturna, Tayopa, and a number of other T-Netr's who are not registered here as well.
But they are a minority as far as I have seen. If they were among the 30+ visitors you saw, then you would have seen their registrations here.
Most of the viewers as far as I know are either from Europe, the Balkans, the Middle East Central and South America, or from down under.

In any case, I agree this is a good time to enjoy the peace and quiet from outsider attacks. :)

Best wishes,
J_P

Geo
11-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Me too!

Probably pseudosceptics suit to pseudoscience which backed LRL theories.

:lol::lol::lol:
Always....WM6:lol:

Geo
11-30-2011, 05:24 AM

I would make the most of this quiet period while it lasts. :D

Also you must put a link to Offsite Forums at Geotech1.