PDA

View Full Version : AV multiband VLF receiver

WM6
12-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Dear LRL enthusiast,

here you are an Audio-Visual Multiband VLF receiver as new toy for New Year.

You get visual signal over 4 different coloured LED's and audio signal generated by help of an melody generator circuit IC UM66 (UTC), CMOS IC’s designed for using in phone etc.

Main antenna is ferrite antenna, inductance of 57mH, but you can ad telescopic antenna too, if you wish. There are 5 frequency band, realised by switching between different capacitors, which represent different tank circuits in connection with ferrite antenna, as member Sneshko proposed:

Band Selector:
ELF (3Hz-30Hz);
SLF (30Hz-300Hz);
ULF (300Hz-3KHz);
VLF (3KHz-30KHz);
LF (30KHz-300KHz).

For C5 you can use variable capacitor out of an old radio for better frequency tuning and band covering.

WM6
12-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Part list (Zehner diodes: 2x3V3, 1x4V7, 1x6V1, 1x6V ) :

WM6
12-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Not on part list: 1pole 6-position rotary switch (as on pic or similar) and power ON/OFF slide or toggle switch.

WM6
12-30-2011, 01:59 AM
For transistor Q1 and Q2 better use hi-gain type like BC549C instead BC549B.

UM66T melody generator:

teknoloji
12-30-2011, 06:16 PM
happy years.
vooovvvv design a very fantastic idea.:razz:
http://images.beyazgazete.com/haber/resim/kulce-altin-hirsizlari-adliyede.jpg

Thanks
Regards

Fred
12-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Amazing circuit WM6.
You should really put an attenuator somewhere...

Happy new year !

teknoloji
12-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Happy new year !
now all the gold melted.:razz::D

WM6
12-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Happy new year !
now all the gold melted.:razz::D

Yes, be careful with your golden teeth.

Happy new year to all world.

g-sani
12-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Happy new Year WM6!
It seems you are the real Santa Claus. :)

WM6
12-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Happy new Year WM6!
It seems you are the real Santa Claus. :)

I wish to be Senta Berger in his early days. more than Santa Claus (look at pics below why).

Happy new year with a lot of gold findings to you.

http://members.tripod.com/%7ECARIART/Senta_Berger.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrXEfDi5fEryBsu4S0DYGkWoOp1fSxi oeFdrcnVGcH3O8PN4g5

Fred
12-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Which one is the picture of yourself?

Qiaozhi
12-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Which one is the picture of yourself?
Have you noticed there is a common element in the two pictures?
They're both wearing false hair ..... and not many clothes, of course. ;)

J_Player
12-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Have you noticed there is a common element in the two pictures?
They're both wearing false hair ..... and not many clothes, of course. ;)Errr....
I think one is wearing a hat.... http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17599&stc=1&d=1323729073

Best wishes,
J_P

g-sani
12-31-2011, 10:24 PM
I don't know If I can see that far but the one whith the hat looks raped.:lol::lol::lol:

Qiaozhi
01-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Errr....
I think one is wearing a hat.... http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17599&stc=1&d=1323729073

Best wishes,
J_P
Did you not notice the false beard?

fmnotes
03-07-2012, 11:37 PM
HELLO.
YOU DREW SOME CONCLUSION ON THIS MANUFACTURE, IT CAN IT HELPS IN THE RESEARCH OF TREASURE?
A SIMPLE GAME?
I THANK I WAIT FOR YOUR ANSWER.

WM6
03-08-2012, 08:36 AM
HELLO.
YOU DREW SOME CONCLUSION ON THIS MANUFACTURE, IT CAN IT HELPS IN THE RESEARCH OF TREASURE?
A SIMPLE GAME?
I THANK I WAIT FOR YOUR ANSWER.

No game, this is real receiver.

It is way better than mineoro, rangertell and other expensive crap too.

fmnotes
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
No game, this is real receiver.

It is way better than mineoro, rangertell and other expensive crap too.

I THANK FOR YOUR ANSWER,
THEN I BELIEVE THAT IT DESERVES THE LABOR I MANUFACTURE HIM.

2 QUESTION.
It can detection gold general metals (treasure) from distance?

2) IT WOULD HELP IF WE ADD IN THIS MANUFACTURE A TRANSMITTER OF LOW FREQUENCIES?????

indiana jones
03-08-2012, 02:05 PM
And what is right UM66 ?

You're really Santa Claus. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

UM66

- Auswahl aus folgender Reihe:
UM66T-01L - (5x vorhanden) - Jingle Bells + Santa Claus is Coming To Town + We Wish You a Merry
UM66T-01S - (5x vorhanden) - Jingle Bells + Santa Claus is Coming To Town + We Wish You a Merry
UM66T-02S - (5x vorhanden) - Jingle Bells
UM66T-04S - (5x vorhanden) - Jingle Bells + Rudolph, the Rednosed Reindeer + Joy to the World
UM66T-05S - (5x vorhanden) - Home Sweet Home
UM66T-06S - (5x vorhanden) - Let Me Call You Sweetheart
UM66T-08S - (5x vorhanden) - Happy Birthday to You
UM66T-09S - (4x vorhanden) - Wedding March (Mendelssohn)
UM66T-11S - (5x vorhanden) - Love Me Tender, Love Me True
UM66T-19L - (5x vorhanden) - For Elise
UM66T-19S - (5x vorhanden) - For Elise
UM66T-32L - (5x vorhanden) - Waltz
UM66T-32S - (5x vorhanden) - Waltz
UM66T-33S - (5x vorhanden) - Mary Had a Little Lamb
UM66T-34L - (5x vorhanden) - The Train is Running Fast
UM66T-34S - (5x vorhanden) - The Train is Running Fast
UM66T-68L - (5x vorhanden) - Its a Small world
UM66T-68S - (5x vorhanden) - Its a Small world
- Alle Bausteine TO92 - Gehäuse
- Hersteller: UMC
- Betriebsspannung: 1,3V - 3,3V
- Stromaufnahme: 1,5mA
- CMOS - LSI - IC
- Alle notwendigen Tonerzeugungsbaugruppen sind integriert
- Power on reset, Melodie beginnt mit erstem Ton
- Piezo-Summer kann direkt angeschlossen werden
- dyn. Lautsprecher wird über zusätzlichen Transistor bzw. NF-Verstärker angeschlossen

WM6
03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
2 QUESTION.
It can detection gold general metals (treasure) from distance?

2) IT WOULD HELP IF WE ADD IN THIS MANUFACTURE A TRANSMITTER OF LOW FREQUENCIES?????

2. Very very big gold deposit, maybe.

3. Yes transmitter can be very useful. I posted TX schematic in another topic.

And what is right UM66 ?

For start UM66T-68L or UM66T-68S should be ok, but I prefer For Elise..

fmnotes
03-08-2012, 03:50 PM
2. Very very big gold deposit, maybe.

For start UM66T-68L or UM66T-68S should be ok, but I prefer For Elise..

THEY IS THE MANUFACTURE WITH THE TBA820M?

(UM66T19L) THEY IS BETTER?

WM6
03-08-2012, 08:51 PM

THEY IS THE MANUFACTURE WITH THE TBA820M?

(UM66T19L) THEY IS BETTER?

Transmitter is based on NE555. You need very weak transmitter.

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18464&highlight=vlf+transmitter

Which UM66 you use is of personal preference, in electronic mean all are the same.

fmnotes
03-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Transmitter is based on NE555. You need very weak transmitter.

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18464&highlight=vlf+transmitter

Which UM66 you use is of personal preference, in electronic mean all are the same.

IN WHO POINT OF BOX, THEY IS SUITABLE, FOR THE PLACEMENT OF AERIAL (ΑΝΤΕΝΝΑ) OF TRANSMITTER?
FOR CAPACITOR 200UF I USE ELECTROLYTE BIPOLAR?

WM6
03-08-2012, 09:43 PM
IN WHO POINT OF BOX, THEY IS SUITABLE, FOR THE PLACEMENT OF AERIAL (ΑΝΤΕΝΝΑ) OF TRANSMITTER?
FOR CAPACITOR 200UF I USE ELECTROLYTE BIPOLAR?

Antenna can be part of the bottom of the box.

Which 200uF electrolyte, there is not such C in transmitter schematic?
If you ask for receiver, yes, it can be bipolar as unipolar too (in this case + pole should be on switch side).

fmnotes
03-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Antenna can be part of the bottom of the box.

Which 200uF electrolyte, there is not such C in transmitter schematic?

C1. EXIST DOESN'T 200UF CERAMIC CAPACITOR, OR DOES EXIST?

WM6
03-08-2012, 09:49 PM
C1. EXIST DOESN'T 200UF CERAMIC CAPACITOR, OR DOES EXIST?

200uF exist in receiver schematic (not in transmitter). Not ceramic but electrolyte. Look at my previous answer again.

fmnotes
03-08-2012, 09:59 PM
200uF exist in receiver schematic (not in transmitter). Not ceramic but electrolyte. Look at my previous answer again.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP.
BE WELL.

WM6
03-09-2012, 11:59 AM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP.
BE WELL.

Of course use of bipolar C is better (here how to build your own out of two equal unipolar):

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2011/06/28/how-to-make-polar-capacitor_1.jpg

fmnotes
03-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Of course use of bipolar C is better (here how to build your own out of two equal unipolar):

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2011/06/28/how-to-make-polar-capacitor_1.jpg

Yes I know him, but in I thank for your time.
A question, you know how much coils of wire does need the aerial ferrite?

WM6
03-09-2012, 10:05 PM
A question, you know how much coils of wire does need the aerial ferrite?

I cannot say, it depend on ferrite rod used.

But you can establish approximate number of turns this way:
Turn up ten turn of wire on your ferrite rod.
Measure inductance of those windings.
Divide 57mH by measured inductance (expressed in mH) and then multiply results by 10.
End-result is your approximate number of turns needed.

fmnotes
03-09-2012, 10:45 PM
I cannot say, it depend on ferrite rod used.

But you can establish approximate number of turns this way:
Turn up ten turn of wire on your ferrite rod.
Measure inductance of those windings.
Divide 57mH by measured inductance (expressed in mH) and then multiply results by 10.
End-result is your approximate number of turns needed.

Yes I thank, you have right.

fmnotes
03-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I CAN USE DIODE OF GERMANIUM 0A95 OR 1N60 ? FOR THE OA91?
THEY IS SAME?

WM6
03-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I CAN USE DIODE OF GERMANIUM 0A95 OR 1N60 ? FOR THE OA91?
THEY IS SAME?

Yes, you can both.

fmnotes
03-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Yes, you can both.
I thank for your help.
For designing pcb you use circuit wizard pro?

WM6
03-11-2012, 09:19 PM
For designing pcb you use circuit wizard pro?

Yes, a little weak database and auto-router, but otherwise very nice, flexible, multi-purpose and user friendly tool.

fmnotes
03-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Yes, a little weak database and auto-router, but otherwise very nice, flexible, multi-purpose and user friendly tool.
I work ALTIUM DESIGNER 10. But I be believed that PCB WIZART it is very easy, and I see success in auto-router.
how much money it costs circuit wizard pro?
it can I buy him.
I thank

WM6
03-11-2012, 10:18 PM
I work ALTIUM DESIGNER 10. But I be believed that PCB WIZART it is very easy, and I see success in auto-router.
how much money it costs circuit wizard pro?
it can I buy him.
I thank

I am trying in past practically all other designer existed, but allways return back to Circuit wizard Pro. In some more complex projects I use DipTrace too now. Both are working in Ubuntu under Wine.

I purchase CW Pro from MAPLIN:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/circuit-wizard-simulation-software-46480

Regretfully CW is no longer under development.

fmnotes
03-11-2012, 10:22 PM
I am trying in past practically all other designer existed, but allways return back to Circuit wizard Pro. In some more complex projects I use DipTrace too now. Both are working in Ubuntu under Wine.

I purchase CW Pro from MAPLIN:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/circuit-wizard-simulation-software-46480

Regretfully CW is no longer under development.
BE WELL THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

WM6
03-11-2012, 10:38 PM
BE WELL THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

If you decide to buy, look after-buy at producer web side for upgrade:

www.new-wave-concepts.com (http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/www.new-wave-concepts.com)

fmnotes
03-11-2012, 10:42 PM
If you decide to buy, look after-buy at producer web side for upgrade:

www.new-wave-concepts.com (http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/www.new-wave-concepts.com)

YES THANKS

fmnotes
04-15-2012, 11:27 PM
FRIEND MY,
WE CAN IMPROVE THIS MANUFACTURE,
THAT IS TO SAY IT BECOMES THE WHO SENSITIVE RECEIVER, ADDING SOME AMPLIFIER?

WM6
04-15-2012, 11:34 PM
FRIEND MY,
WE CAN IMPROVE THIS MANUFACTURE,
THAT IS TO SAY IT BECOMES THE WHO SENSITIVE RECEIVER, ADDING SOME AMPLIFIER?

Sensitivity is not a problem.
You need to find better directivity by mutual placing of both antennas.

fmnotes
04-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Sensitivity is not a problem.
You need to find better directivity by mutual placing of both antennas.
I THANK.
BUT EXIST SOME DOES WAY HIM TO STRENGTHEN HIS FORCE?

SIMPLE I ASK FROM CURIOUS…

WM6
04-16-2012, 09:30 AM
I THANK.
BUT EXIST SOME DOES WAY HIM TO STRENGTHEN HIS FORCE?

SIMPLE I ASK FROM CURIOUS…

Dear fmnotes,

this is receiver, not transmitter.
Why you need more "force"?
Even for transmitter, you need to hold as small transmitting "force" as possible, otherwise you lost useful reflected signal.

For receiver: more directive antenna mean more amplification and more selectivity at the same time. So you need to work primary with antennas directivity if you need more amplification and not to think about adding linear amplifier. With very directive antenna you can select and amplify your wanted useful signal. With adding amplifier you amplify unwanted signal too (except if you add a lot of filtration).

Of course you can ad amplifier in audio output if you wish, but I cannot see real reason for such addition.

fmnotes
04-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Dear fmnotes,

this is receiver, not transmitter.
Why you need more "force"?
Even for transmitter, you need to hold as small transmitting "force" as possible, otherwise you lost useful reflected signal.

For receiver: more directive antenna mean more amplification and more selectivity at the same time. So you need to work primary with antennas directivity if you need more amplification and not to think about adding linear amplifier. With very directive antenna you can select and amplify your wanted useful signal. With adding amplifier you amplify unwanted signal too (except if you add a lot of filtration).

Of course you can ad amplifier in audio output if you wish, but I cannot see real reason for such addition.

FRIEND MY
IN I THANK AGAIN,
AND CONGRATULATE YOU FOR THAT YOU ARE SHARED MANUFACTURES AND DRAWINGS.

AND ALSO YOU ARE OPEN IN EACH DISCUSSION.

IN FEW DAYS I WILL FINISH THIS MANUFACTURE AND WILL SEE THE IMPRESSIONS.

AGAIN I THANK.

fmnotes
04-16-2012, 04:35 PM
FRIEND YOU CAN SEND TO ME THE FILE FROM THE SOFTWARE THAT YOU DREW THE PCB, FOR BETTER AND WHO CLEAN PRINTING, FOR THE CREATION OF PCB.
I THANK

fmnotes
04-17-2012, 11:59 PM
HELLO.
WE CAN IN THIS DRAWING CONNECT Frequency Counter OR OSCILOSCOPE?

IN ORDER TO WE MEASURE THE FREQUENCY OF RECEPTION OF SIGNAL.

IF WE CAN, IN WHO POINT OF PCB THEY IS SUITABLE TO CONNECT HIM?

gold24h
04-18-2012, 12:14 AM
this is an interesting idea,i have some questions,which capacitor is selected for elf,such as 30 hertz,also how would you use this setup,are you looking for a drop in signal or an increase in signal,also there should be a way to filter out the 50 or 60 hetz utility signal from powerlines,that would make it a perfect elf receiver,i would like to experament with this but i do not understand how to use it,does treasure increase the signal or decrease it,is magnetic direction inportant also.

fmnotes
04-18-2012, 07:37 AM
this is an interesting idea,i have some questions,which capacitor is selected for elf,such as 30 hertz,also how would you use this setup,are you looking for a drop in signal or an increase in signal,also there should be a way to filter out the 50 or 60 hetz utility signal from powerlines,that would make it a perfect elf receiver,i would like to experament with this but i do not understand how to use it,does treasure increase the signal or decrease it,is magnetic direction inportant also.
HELLO.

I WANT TO MEASURE THE FREQUENCY OF RECEPTION [WITH A FREQUENSY COUNTER OR ONE PERMANENT PLACED ON THE DETECTOR PORTABLE OSCILLOGRAPH], BUT BECAUSE NO AND THE FORCE OF SIGNAL (WITH UA METER)
EXISTS SOME IDEA THAT WE CAN HIM MANUFACTURE THIS, AND IT WORKS WELL, AND REGULARLY.
I BELIEVE THAT AS LONG AS WHO NEAR YOU ARE IN THE TREASURE SO MUCH WHO POSSIBLE THEY IS THE FIELD THAT CREATES THE TREASURE.
I WAIT FOR TO SEE THOUGHTS THAT WE CAN UPGRADE HIM.

I THANK

WM6
04-18-2012, 01:59 PM
,i would like to experiment with this but i do not understand how to use it

As already described TX RX configuration can work on 3 way:
Here presented graphically:

fmnotes
04-18-2012, 02:13 PM
FROM THAT I UNDERSTAND, WHY IT DID NOT ANSWER NO ONE, DOES NOT EXIST WAY TO CONNECT METER OF FREQUENCY.
AND METER UA.

WM6
04-18-2012, 03:31 PM
FROM THAT I UNDERSTAND, WHY IT DID NOT ANSWER NO ONE, DOES NOT EXIST WAY TO CONNECT METER OF FREQUENCY.
AND METER UA.

If you are not willing to stay with cheap solution, you can ad frequency meter too. No problem.

Here LED diodes work as some sort of uA meter. But if you wish you can connect VU meter too.

fmnotes
04-18-2012, 03:51 PM
FRIEND YOU CAN SEND TO ME THE FILE FROM THE SOFTWARE THAT YOU DREW THE PCB, FOR BETTER AND WHO CLEAN PRINTING, FOR THE CREATION OF PCB.
I THANK

If you are not willing to stay with cheap solution, you can ad frequency meter too. No problem.

Here LED diodes work as some sort of uA meter. But if you wish you can connect VU meter too.
I WANT WE MAKE HIM WHO MULTIFUNCTIONAL THE MANUFACTURE,
MY OBJECTIVE THEY IS NOT CHEAP, THEY IS IT BECOMES WHO EASY THE RESEARCH ALSO WITH MORE PRECISE.

THAT IS TO SAY IF IN THE PLACE THE LED I ADD A OSCILLOGRAPH, IT WILL SHOW ME THE FREQUENCY RECEPTIONS?

WM6
04-18-2012, 05:30 PM
THAT IS TO SAY IF IN THE PLACE THE LED I ADD A OSCILLOGRAPH, IT WILL SHOW ME THE FREQUENCY RECEPTIONS?

No. Tank circuits (changing in steps) are wideband. There is some sense to connect spectrum analyser to RX tank circuit only. Oscilloscope will show you only mess of frequencies. Replacing LED-s by scope is nonsense.

There are other way if you wish to select / tune to only one RX frequency. You do not need to ad scope or f-meter.

fmnotes
04-18-2012, 05:48 PM
No. Tank circuits (changing in steps) are wideband. There is some sense to connect spectrum analyser to RX tank circuit only. Oscilloscope will show you only mess of frequencies. Replacing LED-s by scope is nonsense.

There are other way if you wish to select / tune to only one RX frequency. You do not need to ad scope or f-meter.
He suggested IE, NOT REPLACE LED,
AND DO NOT NEED SOMEONE TO EXIT Oscilloscope FOR BEST RESEARCH TREASURE.
AND IF YOU DO WANT TO SET IN A FREQUENCY RECEIVING.
WHAT CAN I DO TO PLAY WITH IF THE VALUE capacitors?

J_Player
04-18-2012, 06:04 PM
AND METER UA.See below for a way to connect a meter to show the strength of signal.
You can change the value of R4 to make a good match for your meter to show the strength of signal.
The meter shown is 1ma, but you can use other meters with different value of R4.

Also you can connect frequency meter or oscilloscope to watch wonderful gold signals and other signals in the same place where new meter modification was placed.
You can measure oscilloscope signal from top of R4 to ground, or from base of Q2 to ground.

For me, I believe this is a good way to waste many hours watching crazy mix of signals on oscilloscope or with a spectrum analyzer.
But maybe I am wrong and you will find the elusive gold signal which no LRL experimenter has been able to describe.
Maybe you can find diamond signals too.
Who knows?

Best wishes,
J_P

fmnotes
04-18-2012, 06:31 PM
See below for a way to connect a meter to show the strength of signal.
You can change the value of R4 to make a good match for your meter to show the strength of signal.
The meter shown is 1ma, but you can use other meters with different value of R4.

Also you can connect frequency meter or oscilloscope to watch wonderful gold signals and other signals in the same place where new meter modification was placed.
You can measure oscilloscope signal from top of R4 to ground, or from base of Q2 to ground.

For me, I believe this is a good way to waste many hours watching crazy mix of signals on oscilloscope or with a spectrum analyzer.
But maybe I am wrong and you will find the elusive gold signal which no LRL experimenter has been able to describe.
Maybe you can find diamond signals too.
Who knows?

Best wishes,
J_P
IN I THANK FOR YOUR ANSWER, AND FOR YOUR HELP WE UPGRADE THIS RECEPTOR.

fmnotes
04-19-2012, 03:07 PM
HELLO.
MANUFACTURED HAS SOMEBODY THIS MANUFACTURE?
I I FINISHED HIM YESTERDAY AND HAVE PROBLEM.

IT DOES NOT HAVE BY NO MEANS SENSITIVITY.
IN ORDER TO IT TURNS ON THE LED IT SHOULD YOU LEAN THE GENERATOR OF FREQUENCIES IN THE KERAIA.GIATI?

WHEN WE OPEN THE RECEPTOR THE GREEN LED IT SHOULD IT TURNS ON?
WHO KNOWS YOU HELP ME

WM6
04-19-2012, 04:30 PM
I do not understand you very well, but:

Nothing can happen without incoming signal.

You can get incoming signal from existing (military etc.) signal transmitter or from your own VLF signal transmitter (TX).

You need to know frequency of those VLF transmitter (TX) and select on your VLF receiver (RX) proper band by C selection switch.

Of course you can test your VLF receiver (RX) by usual signal generator. In this case you can one old relay and connect inner coil of relay to output of signal generator (or audio oscillator). Put coil near to your RX antenna and try to find signal by switching to different capacitor. If nothing happen then you need to check if one of semiconductors (in first line D7 and Q1, Q2, Q3) has gone. And check voltages if exist.

J_Player
04-19-2012, 04:40 PM
HELLO.
MANUFACTURED HAS SOMEBODY THIS MANUFACTURE?
I I FINISHED HIM YESTERDAY AND HAVE PROBLEM.

IT DOES NOT HAVE BY NO MEANS SENSITIVITY.
IN ORDER TO IT TURNS ON THE LED IT SHOULD YOU LEAN THE GENERATOR OF FREQUENCIES IN THE KERAIA.GIATI?

WHEN WE OPEN THE RECEPTOR THE GREEN LED IT SHOULD IT TURNS ON?
WHO KNOWS YOU HELP METhe purpose of the green LED is to show when there is a signal detected from the receiver.
If you turn on the power and a signal is received from the antenna, then the green LED will turn on.
Stronger signal will cause brighter green LED.
The other LEDs also show strength of signal when power is turned on, or meter can also show signal strength.

These LEDs do not show what frequencies are received.
They only show the strength of the signal.
The frequency received can be selected by using the switch to select capacitor C1 to C5.
These capacitors will adjust the resonant frequency of the ferrite antenna to make resonance for only one frequency.
But if you connect an oscilloscope, you will see there are other frequencies present in smaller strengths than the resonant frequency.

The circuit is a very simple radio receiver for detecting VLF signals at the location of the ferrite coil.
It is a wideband receiver which has the bands divided into 5 different bands.
It can receive various frequencies within the range that is selcted by the capacitor switch.
This is designed to be a simple and cheap way to build a receiver that can be used to experiment with radio waves passing through the ground to locate buried things.
It is not designed to be a sophisticated narrow band receiver with special signal processing.

I did not build this receiver circuit.
The instructions I make are only from looking at the circuit to see what is the intended function.
If you make an error in the wiring, then this circuit will not work correctly.
Also, you may need to adjust the values of the resistors or capacitors for best performance.
Some of the components will not have the exact values you see marked on them.
This is not a problem, but it can cause slight difference in the expected frequency.
You will see that the 10k value I show for R4 modification will give maybe only half of the meter movement.
You can reduce the value of R4 modification to maybe 8k or 5k to send a stronger current to the meter.
Or if you use a meter that moves full scale at a different current than 1 ma, then you will need to change the resistor R4 to make a good reading when you are detecting a strong VLF signal.

You can test to see if your receiver is detecting a signal by using a signal generator connected to a loop of wire 10 or 20 cm diameter with 10 turns of wire.
Any wire thickness will work ok.
Then turn on the signal generator and make a sweep of frequency that your receiver is tuned to receive.
The receiver should be placed a short distance away from the coil of the signal generator, maybe 1-3 meters distance.
When the receiver is set to C4, you can sweep the signal generator from 3KHz to 30KHz.
You should see the green LED and the other LEDs become bright.
When you move the receiver away from the signal generator, then the LEDs should become less bright.
If you use the meter modification, you should see the meter is stronger when the receiver is moved close to the signal generator.

You can also test other frequencies by sweeping the signal generator at these frequencies when the receiver is connected to different capacitors.

C1 -- sweep signal generator from 3Hz-30Hz
C2 -- sweep signal generator from 30Hz-300Hz
C3 -- sweep signal generator from 300Hz-3KHz
C4 -- sweep signal generator from 3KHz-30KHz
C5 -- sweep signal generator from 30KHz-300KHz

If the receiver is wired correctly, then you should see some signal when the signal generator is turned on.
I do not recommend connecting the aerial antenna.
This kind of antenna does not work well for receiving signals in the range from 3 Hz to 300 KHz which the receiver can receive.
The ferrite antenna should work very well.

Best wishes,
J_P

fmnotes
04-19-2012, 04:53 PM
I do not understand you very well, but:

Nothing can happen without incoming signal.

You can get incoming signal from existing (military etc.) signal transmitter or from your own VLF signal transmitter (TX).

You need to know frequency of those VLF transmitter (TX) and select on your VLF receiver (RX) proper band by C selection switch.

Of course you can test your VLF receiver (RX) by usual signal generator. In this case you can one old relay and connect inner coil of relay to output of signal generator (or audio oscillator). Put coil near to your RX antenna and try to find signal by switching to different capacitor. If nothing happen then you need to check if one of semiconductors (in first line D7 and Q1, Q2, Q3) has gone. And check voltages if exist.
LOOK AT.

THE GREEN AND THE ORANGE LED TURNS ON, BUT LOCAL AUTHORITY LEANS VLF DETECTOR ON THE FERRITE, THAT IS TO SAY A LOT NEAR THE AERIAL OF RECEPTOR,
ALSO THE BUZZER IS NOT HEARD.

I CHECKED THE ALL TRANSISTOR, PASSAGES ALL GOOD,
I DO NOT KNOW THE PROBLEM.

ALSO I HAVE PLACED VARIABLE CAPACITOR, AND PLAY WITH THE FREQUENCY BUT THE RECEIVER IT DOES NOT HAVE BIG SENSITIVITY

fmnotes
04-19-2012, 05:06 PM
The purpose of the green LED is to show when there is a signal detected from the receiver.
If you turn on the power and a signal is received from the antenna, then the green LED will turn on.
Stronger signal will cause brighter green LED.
The other LEDs also show strength of signal when power is turned on, or meter can also show signal strength.

These LEDs do not show what frequencies are received.
They only show the strength of the signal.
The frequency received can be selected by using the switch to select capacitor C1 to C5.
These capacitors will adjust the resonant frequency of the ferrite antenna to make resonance for only one frequency.
But if you connect an oscilloscope, you will see there are other frequencies present in smaller strengths than the resonant frequency.

The circuit is a very simple radio receiver for detecting VLF signals at the location of the ferrite coil.
It is a wideband receiver which has the bands divided into 5 different bands.
It can receive various frequencies within the range that is selcted by the capacitor switch.
This is designed to be a simple and cheap way to build a receiver that can be used to experiment with radio waves passing through the ground to locate buried things.
It is not designed to be a sophisticated narrow band receiver with special signal processing.

I did not build this receiver circuit.
The instructions I make are only from looking at the circuit to see what is the intended function.
If you make an error in the wiring, then this circuit will not work correctly.
Also, you may need to adjust the values of the resistors or capacitors for best performance.
Some of the components will not have the exact values you see marked on them.
This is not a problem, but it can cause slight difference in the expected frequency.
You will see that the 10k value I show for R4 modification will give maybe only half of the meter movement.
You can reduce the value of R4 modification to maybe 8k or 5k to send a stronger current to the meter.
Or if you use a meter that moves full scale at a different current than 1 ma, then you will need to change the resistor R4 to make a good reading when you are detecting a strong VLF signal.

You can test to see if your receiver is detecting a signal by using a signal generator connected to a loop of wire 10 or 20 cm diameter with 10 turns of wire.
Any wire thickness will work ok.
Then turn on the signal generator and make a sweep of frequency that your receiver is tuned to receive.
The receiver should be placed a short distance away from the coil of the signal generator, maybe 1-3 meters distance.
When the receiver is set to C4, you can sweep the signal generator from 3KHz to 30KHz.
You should see the green LED and the other LEDs become bright.
When you move the receiver away from the signal generator, then the LEDs should become less bright.
If you use the meter modification, you should see the meter is stronger when the receiver is moved close to the signal generator.

You can also test other frequencies by sweeping the signal generator at these frequencies when the receiver is connected to different capacitors.

C1 -- sweep signal generator from 3Hz-30Hz
C2 -- sweep signal generator from 30Hz-300Hz
C3 -- sweep signal generator from 300Hz-3KHz
C4 -- sweep signal generator from 3KHz-30KHz
C5 -- sweep signal generator from 30KHz-300KHz

If the receiver is wired correctly, then you should see some signal when the signal generator is turned on.
I do not recommend connecting the aerial antenna.
This kind of antenna does not work well for receiving signals in the range from 3 Hz to 300 KHz which the receiver can receive.
The ferrite antenna should work very well.

Best wishes,
J_P
I DO NOT FIND REASONS TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR VERY BIG HELP.

YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

YOU KNOW YOU PROPOSE TO ME A VERY SENSITIVE RECEPTOR?

WM6
04-19-2012, 07:09 PM
YOU KNOW YOU PROPOSE TO ME A VERY SENSITIVE RECEPTOR?

I can only repeat: it is not solution in very sensitive receiver, but in very directive antenna.

Very sensitive receiver without a huge filtration will give you the same mess of frequency but on higher and harder controllable level.

The only simple and effective solution is very directive and selective antenna.

But if you wish to receive only one exact frequency there are other simple solution too how to filter it out.

fmnotes
04-19-2012, 07:35 PM
I can only repeat: it is not solution in very sensitive receiver, but in very directive antenna.

Very sensitive receiver without a huge filtration will give you the same mess of frequency but on higher and harder controllable level.

The only simple and effective solution is very directive and selective antenna.

But if you wish to receive only one exact frequency there are other simple solution too how to filter it out.
FRIEND MY I UNDERSTOOD,
BUT IN ORDER TO IT DETECTS THE SIGNALS FROM MY VLF, IT SHOULD THE INDUCTOR OF VLF THEY IS VERY NEAR THE FERRITI.
THE FERRITI I MANUFACTURED HIM FROM YOUR DIRECTIVES.
57mH. 2 FERRITE

WM6
04-19-2012, 08:31 PM
FRIEND MY I UNDERSTOOD,
BUT IN ORDER TO IT DETECTS THE SIGNALS FROM MY VLF, IT SHOULD THE INDUCTOR OF VLF THEY IS VERY NEAR THE FERRITI.
THE FERRITI I MANUFACTURED HIM FROM YOUR DIRECTIVES.
57mH. 2 FERRITE

Yes, this is according project presented in schematic.

But if you wish to get even more directive antenna than proposed, you can glue in line (axial) more than two ferrite rod (say 3) and split coil wound on ferrite in 3 to 5 serial connected sections, then tune it on the best directivity.

Total inductance can remain the same of about 57mH, otherwise you need to change value of capacitors line.

fmnotes
04-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Yes, this is according project presented in schematic.

But if you wish to get even more directive antenna than proposed, you can glue in line (axial) more than two ferrite rod (say 3) and split coil wound on ferrite in 3 to 5 serial connected sections, then tune it on the best directivity.

Total inductance can remain the same of about 57mH, otherwise you need to change value of capacitors line.
I THANK MY FRIEND I WILL MAKE TRIALS.

Anwar2
08-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Hellow
WM6
thank u very much man ? for schematic iknow im late to say ;)
but thank u for the nice diagram
Anwar2

okantex
09-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi All ,

WM6 , I have a question for you .I have seen your drawings for tx -rx theory.

does not this vlf reciver ,receives g component of electromagnetic wave?
is not the g (magnetic wave) component of wave always in horizontal direction.
how can your ferrite see it .? since it is not vertical ( 90 degree to tx source).
is not the ferrite in null position when directed to underground target?

I do not understand as much as you , ı just try to learn, can you explain me more
thanks

btw , is any there anybody who tried this circuit?
is this circuit work in the same princible of emfad?

okantex
09-23-2012, 11:29 AM
I inspected few vlf schematics of b field and E field circuits. yours is look like E field circuits.
you have low pass filter , you do not have high pass filters .does it mean if there is a working MSK ,it will effect reception below 24khz.
but since we are not looking for spherics ,or tweaks ..etc. powerfull signal is our choise.

WM6
09-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Dear friend, better go back to MD. This theories will not solve your soul.

okantex
09-24-2012, 05:18 PM
in anycase , you have replied , thanks.
I prefer learning how to fish, Indeed I do not like fish.

okantex
10-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Dear WM6 ,,

I am sure you must have seen EMFAD shematics . in emfad there are more than 7 transistors till opto .
but at this scheme , just 3 , will it be enough for amplification.

regards
okantex

WM6
10-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Dear WM6 ,,

I am sure you must have seen EMFAD shematics . in emfad there are more than 7 transistors till opto .
but at this scheme , just 3 , will it be enough for amplification.

regards
okantex

Why waste money for a little joy, dear okantex?

So better to stay with as low parts as possible.

Best wishes

okantex
10-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Dear WM6
thanks for your replies , you know there are lots of crazy men like me who pays much more for for such hobbies and also for cigarettte or drinks...etc.
anyway , ıf you have not seen emfad schematic or picture ,I would like to find a link for you.
you think it is toy, you are right, but it is possible to sense metals with EMf reflections you know.
I just want to sense as emfad does , but with available frequencies.
may be we can add another capacitor for VHF as PDK does.

but I just want to be sure that this schematic is enough sensitive, I am asking you cause I am not electronic expert as you.
is this circuit a toy with these 3 transistors ,or does it need more like emfad does.

regards
okantex

J_Player
10-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Dear WM6
thanks for your replies , you know there are lots of crazy men like me who pays much more for for such hobbies and also for cigarettte or drinks...etc.
anyway , ıf you have not seen emfad schematic or picture ,I would like to find a link for you.
you think it is toy, you are right, but it is possible to sense metals with EMf reflections you know.
I just want to sense as emfad does , but with available frequencies.
may be we can add another capacitor for VHF as PDK does.

but I just want to be sure that this schematic is enough sensitive, I am asking you cause I am not electronic expert as you.
is this circuit a toy with these 3 transistors ,or does it need more like emfad does.

regards
okantexHi okantex,
I am not an electronics expert any more than you are.
But I can tell you this circuit is only a toy circuit.
It is very simple because simplicity is the reason why WM6 designed it.
This circuit does not have any narrow-band tuners, or signal processing which can find very weak signals.
The S/N ratio is not good.
The purpose of this circuit is to experiment with the directional abilities of a ferrite, not to find difficult signals.
If you are interested in a sophisticated circuit that finds very difficult signals, then you will need a much more complicated circuit, with special filters and signal processing to isolate the exact signals that you are looking for.
This circuit cannot do this job.

But if you are looking for a fun toy, this circuit will give you hours of entertainment to learn how the ferrite is very directional.

Best wishes, :)
J_P

mustefa ubram
10-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Excellent wm6 for schematic
wm6 and j-p
I have no experience with this frequency range.and i have question
How to measure the resonance frequency of the use of metals in the circuit when the transmitter?
Whether the transmitter of the loop antenna to generate frequency vlf is right?
Vlf range of frequencies to transmit and detect what is right??(3kh-4kh-5kh.....30kh)
Transmitter frequency to the ground after hitting the metal out of the ground in what form?
The receiver can reveal how the radial wave vlf?

J_Player
10-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Excellent wm6 for schematic
wm6 and j-p
I have no experience with this frequency range.and i have question
How to measure the resonance frequency of the use of metals in the circuit when the transmitter?
Whether the transmitter of the loop antenna to generate frequency vlf is right?
Vlf range of frequencies to transmit and detect what is right??(3kh-4kh-5kh.....30kh)
Transmitter frequency to the ground after hitting the metal out of the ground in what form?
The receiver can reveal how the radial wave vlf?I do not believe any frequency that you transmit will allow you to detect buried metal with this receiver.
But I may be wrong.
Other experimenters use any frequency between 70 KHz to 150 KHz

Best wishes,
J_P

okantex
10-19-2012, 05:57 PM
J_Player ,

do you think that emfad is narrow band reciver, yes it has a tunner , but it's range is too much.when this circuits bands are considered to emfad it is enough narrow
look , with wide band ,you wont able to recieve more frequencies at each listening.you will generally have one frequency ,but when you have more frequency at same time , you will always tune your led to powerfull station's upper noise level as PDK does fro VHF waves. it will be good to add multiturn pot as threshold adjustment.

what do you think of it.
but still this receiver has less tr than emfad.

J_Player
10-19-2012, 10:36 PM
J_Player ,

do you think that emfad is narrow band reciver, yes it has a tunner , but it's range is too much.when this circuits bands are considered to emfad it is enough narrow
look , with wide band ,you wont able to recieve more frequencies at each listening.you will generally have one frequency ,but when you have more frequency at same time , you will always tune your led to powerfull station's upper noise level as PDK does fro VHF waves. it will be good to add multiturn pot as threshold adjustment.

what do you think of it.
but still this receiver has less tr than emfad.I think this circuit is a good toy to experiment with to learn the directional properties of ferrite antennas.
I do not think it is a narrow band tuner.
I think if you want a narrow band tuner, then you should select the narrow band that you want to investigate, and then build a new design narrow band tuner to listen for your frequency.

Best wishes,
J_P

FrancoItaly
10-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi All

As Esteban said also a passive receiver may be a sensitive lrl, then there is no need for trasmitting any wave, it's the signal that comes from buried target that goes away. A stimulus or trasmitter signal can serve only for a reference signal, as the signal from buried target it has not a precise frequency, somehow it works on different forms of signals, magnetic, electromagnetic, infrared.

Best Regards

Qiaozhi
10-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Hi All

As Esteban said also a passive receiver may be a sensitive lrl, then there is no need for trasmitting any wave, it's the signal that comes from buried target that goes away. A stimulus or trasmitter signal can serve only for a reference signal, as the signal from buried target it has not a precise frequency, somehow it works on different forms of signals, magnetic, electromagnetic, infrared.

Best Regards
Has anyone tried to build the TOTeM pistol detector from "Inside the METAL DETECTOR"?

It is intended as an experimental platform for investigating LRL technology, and has both passive and active modes; plus audible (beeper) and visual (LED & meter) outputs. The beeper can also be turned off for clandestine detecting. :cool:

There is no PCB for this design, as it was built on stripboard. However, anyone is welcome to design one and post it here.

FrancoItaly
10-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi All

I don't know the TOTeM pistol detector but in my experience only a passive receiver with the TX stage off,it doesn't have enough sensitivity, it must amplify some unknow signal of unknow frequency. My most recent lrl uses a high gain rf stage in self oscillating condition: it's a passive receiver, it doesn't trasmit any signal but it's very sensitive to external influence. The TX signal dramatically reduces the signal from buried target but the lrl it remain sensitive to Sky/compass effect.

Best Regards

mustefa ubram
10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
I do not believe any frequency that you transmit will allow you to detect buried metal with this receiver.
But I may be wrong.
Other experimenters use any frequency between 70 KHz to 150 KHz

Best wishes,
J_P
Which part of the circuit can absorb from the environment, much frequency tables?
Specifically?
Please show on the schematic

J_Player
10-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Which part of the circuit can absorb from the environment, much frequency tables?
Specifically?
Please show on the schematicHi mustefa ubram,
The only parts of the circuit that can absorb RF from the environment are shown below.
But also, other components can absorb from the environment in very small amounts.

Best wishes,
J_P

mustefa ubram
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
hi
I've read on this system.I believe that these systems requires a filter.To match with the transmitter.Because there are a lot of disturbing signals in the signal and is absorbed by the ferrite The system reacts to these signals interfere.And can be difficult to detect transmitter signals.
I believe there is a filter that allows the recipient to respond only to our own frequencies.
In the general case requires the system to a point that is specified in the Filter..;)
What do you think?;)

mustefa ubram
12-11-2012, 09:39 PM
hi
I've read on this system.I believe that these systems requires a filter.To match with the transmitter.Because there are a lot of disturbing signals in the signal and is absorbed by the ferrite The system reacts to these signals interfere.And can be difficult to detect transmitter signals.
I believe there is a filter that allows the recipient to respond only to our own frequencies.
In the general case requires the system to a point that is specified in the Filter..;)
What do you think?;)
Anyone disagree?

WM6
12-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Anyone disagree?

Which filter do you mean?

This is multi-band receiver with selective tuned band, which is some sort of filtering.

You do not need filter here, or you need multi-filter (not worth all efforts). But you need good sine transmitter.

J_Player
12-12-2012, 01:13 AM

This is multi-band receiver with selective tuned band, which is some sort of filtering.

You do not need filter here, or you need multi-filter (not worth all efforts). But you need good sine transmitter.It appears that the readers of this circuit do not understand it is simply a toy to experiment with and learn the directional properties of ferrite antennas.
But they want a narrow band tuner. Why? Who knows?

I think if they want a narrow band tuner, then they should select the narrow band that they want to investigate, and then build a new design narrow band tuner to listen for the frequency they want to hear. This circuit is a waste of time to modify to become a narrow band receiver.

Maybe we need a new circuit that uses a crystal clock with digital divider and PLL to select desired frequency, then a narrow band adjustable notch filter to find the exact frequency that the receiver will tune to. Then we should also have a bank of capacitors and matched ferrites for each band, which can be adjusted 20-30% within the band by the digital logic and notch filters in combination with adjustable capacitors.
Maybe 20 frequency bands would be good to start with.
Then we can add more ferrite-capacitor antennas to get more frequency bands when we find that none of the 20 initial bands find treasure.

What do you think?
Are we ready for a new circuit design?

Best Wishes,
J_P

mustefa ubram
12-12-2012, 06:01 AM

You do not need filter here, or you need multi-filter (not worth all efforts). But you need good sine transmitter.
If you select any of the bands is not heard no noise except for the frequency of the playoffs?
Filtering to eliminate noises that disturb land.

mustefa ubram
12-12-2012, 06:13 AM
It appears that the readers of this circuit do not understand it is simply a toy to experiment with and learn the directional properties of ferrite antennas.
But they want a narrow band tuner. Why? Who knows?

I think if they want a narrow band tuner, then they should select the narrow band that they want to investigate, and then build a new design narrow band tuner to listen for the frequency they want to hear. This circuit is a waste of time to modify to become a narrow band receiver.

Maybe we need a new circuit that uses a crystal clock with digital divider and PLL to select desired frequency, then a narrow band adjustable notch filter to find the exact frequency that the receiver will tune to. Then we should also have a bank of capacitors and matched ferrites for each band, which can be adjusted 20-30% within the band by the digital logic and notch filters in combination with adjustable capacitors.
Maybe 20 frequency bands would be good to start with.
Then we can add more ferrite-capacitor antennas to get more frequency bands when we find that none of the 20 initial bands find treasure.

What do you think?

Best Wishes,
J_P
Not need more bands Treasure Hunt.:nono:
We need a powerful transmitter and a wrist receiver that the transmitter.For example, if the transmitter sends a frequency 5 kHz The receiver will only receive 5 kHz frequency And not heard another noise.
A Question:
Can reveal whether the recipient New metal in the soil?

J_Player
12-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Not need more bands Treasure Hunt.:nono:
We need a powerful transmitter and a wrist receiver that the transmitter.For example, if the transmitter sends a frequency 5 kHz The receiver will only receive 5 kHz frequency And not heard another noise.
A Question:
Can reveal whether the recipient New metal in the soil?I tell again one final time:

This circuit is not designed to receive only one frequency with no noise.
It is designed only for a toy to demonstrate the directional properties of the ferrite receiver.
It is a very simple circuit which is not even worth the trouble to add a filter circuit.

Filters are used for more sophisticated circuits.
If you want to add a filter, you must first know what frequencies you want the filter to remove, and what exact frequencies you want the filter to allow to pass through so you can receive them.
Since this is a multiband receiver, you cannot use a single filter.
you must build at least 5 separate filters, one for each band.
Then these filters must switch to a different filter when you change the position of SW2.
But that is only for a simple filter at the preamp where you believe it is needed.
You are wrong.
You need more filtering than a simple filter at the preamp if you want to remove the noise from this circuit and receive a clear signal.
You must add different filters at different stages to remove the noise signals you do not want.
Also the amplifiers must be low-noise before you can hope to get a clear signal. These are simple signal transistors - not special low noise amplifiers!
For proper filtering, each filter must be designed to remove a specific kind of noise at the different amplifier stages.
Each of these filters is made with specially calculated component values to remove the frequency range which you want to remove.
Also you must consider the antennas which you are using.
With the design I see, the noise picked up from the magnetic antenna is several times more noise than an electric field antenna, simply because it is several times more sensitive than the electric field antenna at VLF frequencies.
The filtering must be designed with this in mind.

If you want the filter to allow only a narrow band to pass through when you tune to various different frequencies, then the filters become very expensive. And they cost more than all of the parts you see in this receiver. For this reason, you are better to begin with a good VLF receiver that was intended to receive a clear VLF signal instead of a toy circuit that was designed to experiment and learn about the directional properties of a ferrite antenna.

If you think that you can make this toy receiver reject all noise and receive only the frequency which you want, by simply inserting a filter at the preamp, then you make a mistake.
The idea to add a preamp filter and believe it will remove all the noise is a mistake.
And it is a stupid way to waste time with electronic designing that is guaranteed to produce bad results.
But if you really believe that inserting a preamp filter will make the noise stop in this simple receiver, then see the image below that you can put in the place where you think a filter is needed.
Since you don't know any specific frequencies you want to remove, this is a simple low pass filter.
I think it will not remove all noises and give a clear signal, but you can try it.

A Question:
Answer: Geologists can find metal in the ground with a VLF receiver.
They usually tune to a distant VLF transmitter maybe 1000 km distance or more.
Sometimes they tune to a transmitter which they bring to the place where they want to search if there is no government transmitter sending a signal.
Then they can locate a metal tank in the ground, or a car that is buried in the ground.
They cannot locate a gold coin in the ground with their VLF receiver.

Best Wishes,
J_P

WM6
12-12-2012, 09:45 AM
What do you think?

Agree with you.
We are still in life and this fact promise new circuit design too.

WM6
12-12-2012, 09:58 AM
A Question:

You do not need powerful TX (no benefit from power here), but you need good sine wave TX and noise will not be big problem.

As J_P explain this receiver is designed to experiment and play around with directive (ferrite antenna) receiver.

There are theoretical possibilities to detect reflected wave from very big metal surfaces no matter if it is New metal or Old metal.

But you do not expect to detect on remote small targets as one coin alone (buried or in air). Such intention already encroaches sphere of dowsing and not simple electronic design like this.

J_Player
12-12-2012, 10:50 AM
You do not need powerful TX (no benefit from power here), but you need good sine wave TX and noise will not be big problem.

As J_P explain this receiver is designed to experiment and play around with directive (ferrite antenna) receiver.

There are theoretical possibilities to detect reflected wave from very big metal surfaces no matter if it is New metal or Old metal.

But you do not expect to detect on remote small targets as one coin alone (buried or in air). Such intention already encroaches sphere of dowsing and not simple electronic design like this.When a geologist detects metal in the ground, he is measuring the magnetic properties of the ground. It is the same as using a VLF metal detector to measure the magnetic properties of the ground. But the geologist will use the VLF waves in a different way than a treasure hunter uses on his VLF detector. A treasure hunter will take measures to remove the effects of ground mineralization and look only for metal things which are in the near proximity of his transmitter. For a geologist, he is looking for ground mineralization, so he does not cancel it. He moves the RX loop to make a survey of all the ground, and he records his readings. This can tell him how the ground mineralization changes at different parts of the land. His VLF receiver antenna will certainly tell him if he finds a buried metal tank or car, because he is measuring the induced magnetic field which the transmitter induces in conductive ground below the surface. A buried metal tank or car will show an anomaly because it is more conductive than the surrounding ground. For the geologist, the buried metal trash is considered noise which he ignores when trying to determine what rock formations are under the ground. The things which the geologist is finding are conductive soils, which give a stronger signal, and especially soils which have magnetite or hematite deposits, and other mineralized rocks.

For treasure hunting, the geologist methods can help to locate ore deposits, but not small metal objects.
The treasure hunting techniques for long range VLF detecting require building simple VLF transmitters and receivers, then performing secret tuning to find the elusive treasure signal.
Since these are secret tuning methods, and the treasure signal is also a secret, no geologist or engineer knows anything about the secret gold signal or methods to tune a simple VLF transmitter and receiver to find a gold signal.
You must contact a builder of secret treasure finding locators if you want to know the secret of tuning a VLF transmitter and receiver to find the secret gold signal.
Morgan and Geo are the only people who I see posting in the forum that their secret gold-finding treasure locators are really working, and Morgan is even showing photos of the treasure they find.
You must ask Morgan or Geo how to build your VLF transmitter and receiver to find the elusive gold signal.
They are nice people. I am sure they will help you to build a VLF transmitter and receiver that really works to find treasure for you.

Best Wishes,
J_P

FrancoItaly
12-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi All
no necessity of VLF trasmitter, the trasmitter kills the phenomenon but non the compass\sky effect. A simple RF amplifier in self oscillating mode it can sense the phenomenon, but to do a stable oscillating amplifier it's difficult, you must have a no saturated output.

Best Regards

J_Player
12-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Hi All
no necessity of VLF trasmitter, the trasmitter kills the phenomenon but non the compass\sky effect. A simple RF amplifier in self oscillating mode it can sense the phenomenon, but to do a stable oscillating amplifier it's difficult, you must have a no saturated output.

Best RegardsHi FrancoItaly,
What phenomenon does the transmitter kill?

Best Wishes,
J_P

FrancoItaly
12-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi J _P

Long time buried metals emit something that's perturbs the E-field or the B-field of the earth, this is the "phenomenon".

Best Regards

mustefa ubram
12-12-2012, 08:24 PM
tank you wm6 j-p and other
What solution do you recommendFor smaller objects ?

WM6
12-13-2012, 02:43 AM
What solution do you recommend For smaller objects ?

Regular metal detector for now.

What of use, if you can "locate small targets kilometres away" by using LRL, if, at the end of the day, you need a metal detector to prove, when you locate something or not?

And digging holes till 50cm of depth using MD can be far enough for recreational purposes.

mustefa ubram
12-13-2012, 06:43 PM
A circuit for detecting electromagnetic:

ikumi5
12-14-2012, 08:32 PM
hello ts
antenna=? (how many turns (Approximately ))
sorry i have no L meter

thanks and regards

mustefa ubram
01-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Correction circuit WITH 3914 ;)

iron1944
06-26-2013, 03:04 PM
WM6 great master help me?
This large square coil circuit instead of 5 khz alıcı.Ben ferrite rod diameter of 1 cm length 20 cm
use wire diameter and number of turns of the coil wound on the rod lazım.Ferrite how should it be?
Thank you.

http://k1306.hizliresim.com/1b/u/pm3y5.jpghttp://k1306.hizliresim.com/1b/u/pm3y5.jpghttp://j1306.hizliresim.com/1b/u/pm3w3.jpg

WM6
06-29-2013, 11:09 PM
WM6 great master help me?
This large square coil circuit instead of 5 khz alıcı.Ben ferrite rod diameter of 1 cm length 20 cm
use wire diameter and number of turns of the coil wound on the rod lazım.Ferrite how should it be?
Thank you.

http://k1306.hizliresim.com/1b/u/pm3y5.jpg

It depend of ferrite rod characteristics which are not known..

You can use the same wire diameter. First wind 50 testing turns on your ferrite rod and measure inductance. Out of this you can calculate total inductance bzw. number of turns.

For 5kHz preference:

your coil inductance have to be 1mH

and C1 1uF (instead of 0.02uF as on schematic).

liubing
08-06-2013, 05:17 AM
Help PI detector project, 50X50cm can detect 5m, with 1x1m coil, which help me? Discrimination is not required,

WM6
08-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Help PI detector project, 50X50cm can detect 5m, with 1x1m coil, which help me? Discrimination is not required,

You probably already know who would help you dig at 5m?

liubing
08-06-2013, 07:11 AM
I look forward to explore 5M

WM6
08-06-2013, 08:31 AM
I look forward to explore 5M

Good, pinpoint at 5m is +-2m. So you need to dig hole 5x4m. And not only one, there can be in hole some metallic ore only. Probably no problem for you?

liubing
08-07-2013, 03:40 AM
I am here 20X20CM reach 2.5M, then undetectable basic thing that is buried very deep, but there are countless treasures underground, so I am committed to increasing depths

liubing
08-07-2013, 03:57 AM
Who can provide the increasing depths of effective programs? Interested parties are welcome to explore a friend

WM6
08-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Sorry, but I will left all those countless treasure to you.

Not interested in 5m (empty) hole digging adventure.

mahditala
08-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Friends does not work on my device

WM6
08-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Dear mahditala. This is a toy only, to play around, with intention to practice some basic electronic building and in hope to prevent you from buying highly overpriced crap as Mineoro, OKM etc., which does not work also.

And what is not working on your device, you got no sound out of it, or it cannot point you to golden treasure?

edward
11-26-2018, 08:36 AM
Dear mahditala. This is a toy only, to play around, with intention to practice some basic electronic building and in hope to prevent you from buying highly overpriced crap as Mineoro, OKM etc., which does not work also.

And what is not working on your device, you got no sound out of it, or it cannot point you to golden treasure?

Hi wm6

I am working on this vlf receiver

I dont have ferrite rod 20 cm long in avilable

What do you reccomend me??

Can i use from shorter ferrite???

WM6
11-26-2018, 11:09 AM
Can i use from shorter ferrite???

You can use ferrite from an old transistor MW radio.

As long you maintain ferrite antenna at 57mH, by proper number of turns,
band limits with proposed C values will be OK.

Answer on how to establish proper number of turns, you can find here.

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=142225&postcount=30

edward
11-26-2018, 01:12 PM
You can use ferrite from an old transistor MW radio.

As long you maintain ferrite antenna at 57mH, by proper number of turns,
band limits with proposed C values will be OK.

Answer on how to establish proper number of turns, you can find here.

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=142225&postcount=30

You mean if i changed the length of the ferrite i need to set the inductance to 57 mH by changing number of turns
Ok
About vu meter: 1 mili amper full scale does not exist how can i measure the signal strength?? (Except using leds)

WM6
11-26-2018, 03:04 PM
You mean if i changed the length of the ferrite i need to set the inductance to 57 mH by changing number of turns
Ok

By various length or diameter or Ferrite brands (composition) you need

to set inductance to 57mH by proper number of turns.
Otherwise you need to recalculate all bad capacitors.

About vu meter: 1 mili amper full scale does not exist how can i measure the signal strength?? (Except using leds)

Stay with in schematic proposed LED indicator.
You do not need 1mA VU meter.

edward
11-26-2018, 03:41 PM
By various length or diameter or Ferrite brands (composition) you need

to set inductance to 57mH by proper number of turns.
Otherwise you need to recalculate all bad capacitors.

Stay with in schematic proposed LED indicator.
You do not need 1mA VU meter.

How can i recalculate the capacitors?

abdou2014
11-26-2018, 03:47 PM
the antenna of my gold gun is 59mH

https://ibb.co/mMNpy0

what can I have with this schematic ???

edward
11-26-2018, 03:52 PM
the antenna of my gold gun is 59mH

https://ibb.co/mMNpy0

what can I have with this schematic ???

This is gold gun???

The gold gun includes tow 3.5 cm ferrite rods with 337 turns wire 0.2 mm from center of each rod

abdou2014
11-26-2018, 04:37 PM
Mr WM6 Is the transmitter essential ?
where should the transmitter be fixed ?

WM6
11-26-2018, 05:35 PM
How can i recalculate the capacitors?

Corrections my typo in previous post: Not " all bad capacitors." but "all band capacitors".

You can use one of online LC tank calculators with known variables L and frequency band.

I suggest you not to change C value, but to establish L of ferrite antenna at 57mH by proper numbers of turns.

WM6
11-26-2018, 05:42 PM
Mr WM6 Is the transmitter essential ?
where should the transmitter be fixed ?

Of course it is essential.

TX is your separate multi frequency device or existing (military) sender working at about 30kHz.

RX to TX should be oriented like this example with Gold Gun:

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/19/61/60/05/gg_hun10.jpg

abdou2014
11-26-2018, 06:30 PM
is this receiver capable of detecting the earth's magnetic field ?

WM6
11-26-2018, 07:22 PM
On lower band, if you move sensor to fast.

abdou2014
11-26-2018, 07:48 PM
is there a way to know the frequency of the earth's magnetic field of my area ?

WM6
11-26-2018, 08:49 PM
It has field strength, not frequency.

Field strength is different at every point of Earth.
There are maps about this Field strength distribution.

But probably it breathe at Earth Schumann frequency of about 8Hz.

abdou2014
11-26-2018, 09:03 PM
are there high harmony propagation of this frequency ?

WM6
11-27-2018, 01:18 AM
are there high harmony propagation of this frequency ?

Cannot comment, your question is not clear to me.

abdou2014
11-27-2018, 05:00 AM
I read in a scientific article that the power line waves 50hz and 60hz have high harmonies that can reach 3 khz for 60 hz and 2.5 khz for 50 hz, that is to say until the fiftieth harmony, I want to know if it was the same case for 8 hz ?

WM6
11-27-2018, 10:49 AM
I read in a scientific article that the power line waves 50hz
and 60hz have high harmonies that can reach 3 khz for 60 hz and 2.5 khz for 50 hz,
that is to say until the fiftieth harmony, I want to know if it was the same case for 8 hz ?

So we are talking about harmonics frequency.

All existing oscillation (eg. sine wave, square wave etc.) are able to produce (passing
trough different existing resonators) harmonics frequencies, which are frequencies that
are integers (whole-numbers) multiple of the fundamental frequency.

Pure sine wave, till not distorted by passing trough different distorting means
(LC tank circuits, amplifiers, measurement means etc) have no harmonics peaks.

Pure sine wave is an ideal oscillation (seeking for harmony with environment).
Universe is full of such ideal sine oscillations. Fundamental EM oscillation of our
planet is one of those ideal oscillations (more known as Schumann frequency).

Problem is, that sine "passing thru" environment, are never ideal surrounding and
distort ideal sine vibrations on different way. Even slightest distorted sine then
produce higher harmonics peaks of its own fundamental frequency.

We can take square wave as an "ideal" distorted sine wave. Square waves
produce a broad spectrum of very pronounced harmonics peaks passing trough
different surrounding means.

We can prove this by observing different forms of oscillation (in frequency domain)
wave presenting devices (so called spectrum analyzers).

What to say about Schumann frequency? It is fundamental EM vibration of our planet.
By origin it is pure (ideal) sine wave of about 8Hz. Passing through different environment
means, this fundamental sine become distorted. As all distorted sine waves, it generate
chains of higher harmonics frequencies. Comparing to fundamental sine of 8Hz those
harmonics signal chains are not significant, but are detectable by using special means.
8Hz fundamental is planetary universal oscillation, harmonics related to those planetary
frequency are mostly local oscillation bonded to local distortion.

Practical question. Does bigger golden vein distort fundamental Schumann frequency?
Answer is Yes, cause bigger golden vein is EM resonator, that resonate at one or more
frequencies out of basic Schumann frequency and this way distort 8Hz fundamental sine.
This is (in comparison to fundamental sine) not significant distortion, but it can be
detectable (at harmonics level) by proper apparatus.

Such apparatus should basically:
- first establish very exact Schumann frequency in time of exploration (fundamental
Earth EM frequency is changeable, cause Earth act as changeable living organism),
- filter out all other disturbing frequencies except (say 15) exact harmonics frequencies
of actual (locally distorted) Schumann frequency (not easy task really),
- follow peak signals of (locally distorted) harmonic over explored terrain and put it
on (2 or 3)-dimensional matrix view.

More basic theory about harmonics:
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/technical-articles/the-importance-of-total-harmonic-distortion/

abdou2014
11-27-2018, 10:56 AM
Thank you very much Mr WM6 ;)

Agraz
03-07-2020, 03:59 AM
some vlf receivers from 10 kHz, maybe with a ferrite antenna they can detect a mass of gold ,,,

ICOM PCR1000
TEN-TEC RX340
AOR AR5000A
ICOM IC-R8600
DRAKE R8B
COLLINS HF-2050
REALISTIC DX-302

Geo
03-16-2020, 09:39 AM
Not so sure!!!!:frown: