PDA

View Full Version : Forward Gauss LRL-What the heck?

Randy Seden
10-19-2002, 03:35 AM
I was looking thru the Ke**yco catalog and in the back there was this ad for a Forward Gauss Long Range Detector.
I gotta admit of all the silly LRL's ,this looked half way legit with the handheld coils instead of the rods and Forward Gauss is a term in physics so what's the story on this?

Randy Seden

Sam
10-19-2002, 12:59 PM
You are so right... it looks halfway ligit.

That is not by accident. The scam artists that put these contraptions together (and write the advertising) are very skilled in melding just the right number of real scientific terms with their own brand of bogus terminology, and what they end up with is pseudo-science aimed at the "gullible" treasure hunter.

And you better believe it works too... Dave J. and a few others of us have termed this "Dowsing for Dollars".

The Forward Gauss LRL has been around for quite awhile and I admit I'm not all that familiar with the particular hypothesis and "belief system" that accompanies this particular LRL, --one only has to use a little common sense to figure out that if it really was legit, IT WOULDN'T BE CONFINED TO THE ESOTERIC LRL SECTION OF THE KELLYCO FLYER.

Rather it would be a conventional locating method that would be embraced and in use by serious THers and mining corporations.

(To the best of my knowledge, it isn't....)

Carl
10-20-2002, 11:16 PM
I've been itching to drop by K-Co and take a look at it, and maybe get a demonstration. Based on the manufacturer's other models, and K-Co's reputation for selling LRL crapola, I have little hope that it's anything other than more crapola.

Anyone living in central Florida wanna check it out?

- Carl