View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 03:18 AM
Guru

Tip #10: Keep the rods "fluid". I see video of people look like they are scared stiff. You have to be relaxed and loose. When I am walking with two L-rods they swing back and forth with each step. They move together the same amount. This small movement gives them a boost when the signal line is crossed--they already have some momentum and the movement breaks free any friction. This movement is horizontal and not any vertical. Vertical movement will prevent the rods from closing so try to avoid that . Sometimes I will actually shake the rods a bit to get them free of any friction that might by binding them. When I get near the target the rods will start to close then open up. The instant they open up they are already starting to close again. Kind of a momentum effect. On the third time they close completely. Now these are old rods and not all that good of movement. Nicer rods have less friction and don't need much help.

Tip #11: Walk slowly. Some people say you have to walk fast to get a surge when crossing the signal line. If you have nice rods it’s better to go slow, take small steps, but keep it smooth.