View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 09:31 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
I haven't done enough with the sweep to be able to say how well it works during solar magnetic storm. If you watched the latest Stefan Burns youtube video he says storms are coming so I guess I should find out. My experience has been the signal line does not hit the target straight on. I didn't wait a half hour so maybe that is the problem for me. Besides my equipment is different. It's certainly worth a test to see when the storms hit.
Early tests in not too much solar activity I was better able to hit the test target using the Contraption all-electronic locator using a one second sweep of four Hz either side of 612 Hz gold frequency. I know better than to make any proclamation until a few days of testing. I have a new name for the frequency sweep "Shake it off". LOL I know many times I get a line and nothing there, but just walking through the area it seems to degauss and next time I get a good hit. This might be what is happening here. So we will see what happens in the days to come. I turned on the transmitter for ten minutes before searching.