LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 03-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post

How goes your new device? I haven't started anything on that one yet. I do like some of your ideas and plan to work with them when I get over my obsession with this project.
At the moment I am on other project agreed earlier with my friend.

Regarding mentioned anti-phase project, I decided to froze it and jump direct to some test and experiment with scalar waves. According some scientific papers main problem could be on receiver site, where as enough sensitive sensor appear to be so called "Josephson junction" which use superconductor in cryogenic environment - something hard to establish in amateur hobby conditions. So we need to find something as usable replacement for "Josephson junction" sensor. So a lot of test and experiments in near future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephson_effect

Excerpt from: The Interconnected Universe: Conceptual Foundations of Transdisciplinary Unified Theory [Ervin Laszlo]

Old 03-14-2016, 04:15 PM
Guru

Dr. Konstantin Meyl has been doing research on scalar wave biological effects on cells and DNA.

www.meyl.eu/
Old 03-14-2016, 07:34 PM
Guru

Yes, Josephson junction in receiver is a mens (some sort of gateway) to convert scalar and vector potential back to electromagnetic radiation and signalizing it (by analog or digital measurement or by audio signal). But we need to overcome this complicated component cause it is unrealizable in amateur conditions. A lot of experiments and tests differents already existent ideas and solutions.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:31 PM
Guru

I don't claim to understand it all, but today I was getting a weak response that wouldn't lock on so as a last resort I switched to a frequency I had shelved and BAM! I was hitting the test target. Yeah, even an old dog can learn new tricks.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:12 AM
Guru

Yeah, it really did happen I thought I was wrong but i wasn't. Problem is it took me about three weeks to figure that one out. If you quit learning you stagnate. I know plenty about that one, too. Sometimes just trying too hard is the wrong approach. I'm usually not too guilty on that count. But when i do I am good at it. I keep saying someday I will quit working on this and call it finished...or else I'll go crazy, whichever comes first. They say men are bad at making commitments. I never thought of myself that way but I guess I am making up for lost time. It's like I find myself making excuses for continuing to work on it. Some day I will get tired with it all. Hope it is soon. I just need to get out and make some finds. It's going to happen. I found some gold with the same type transmitter with an L-rod so I know it works. Actually what I have now is better.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Guru

Quote:
Actually what I have now is better.
Good outcome. Don't change anything.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:29 PM
Guru

I have been using a lower frequency for gold and it seems to lock on faster but on another thread I said it was almost instantaneous and lately this has not been the case. The other day it was about two minutes and today even longer, so maybe the cold weather is causing the longer times. I didn't time it but it had to be nearly five minutes this morning with temperature just above freezing. Anyway, I plan to work with this one for a few days to see how it holds up. So far i like it. Also I have been using the receiver antenna from two angles, 90 degrees, so i get nulling one way and the alarm tone from the other. They both point the same direction even if it is not on the correct line to the target. After a while I can tell when the nulling is on the target as it gets sharper edges to it.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:22 PM
Guru

This is for a fresh dropped target. It occurred to me a long time buried target might give a quicker lock-on time.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:53 PM
Guru

I can certainly understand why many of the LRL skeptics went crazy. A perfectionist has no place in the LRL field. You just have to accept that some things are out of your control. Like this morning I was getting lock-on times approaching five minutes. I went back out and just minutes ago I was getting nearly instantaneous lock-on times again--several in a row, not just some fluke. I was taught that the solar magnetic interference disrupts the signal line. Dell Winders said his best guess was protons. I just have to come to the reality that I can't be sure what causes it. Or like the billboard sign "My reality check bounced."
Old 03-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Guru

Here's a link that might bring you some sanity regarding interference.

www.hard-core-dx.com/solar/solar.html
Old 03-26-2016, 09:03 PM
Guru

Back to longer time until lock-on again. In the past I have said when a coronal hole is facing earth there is some disruption. Well, there is a corona valley or trough facing earth today so "That's my story and I'm sticking to it." For whatever reason, it seems like middle of the day lately is not as good.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:24 AM
Guru

Quote:
I can certainly understand why many of the LRL skeptics went crazy. A perfectionist has no place in the LRL field. You just have to accept that some things are out of your control. Like this morning I was getting lock-on times approaching five minutes. I went back out and just minutes ago I was getting nearly instantaneous lock-on times again--several in a row, not just some fluke. I was taught that the solar magnetic interference disrupts the signal line. Dell Winders said his best guess was protons. I just have to come to the reality that I can't be sure what causes it. Or like the billboard sign "My reality check bounced."
CORRECTION: About eighteen years ago Dell Winders said his best guess for the cause of signal line interference was positive ions. I mistakenly said "protons". I'm not sure if he still holds that view or not. Best to put out a test target and see what happens.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:23 PM
Guru

I don't have much to say these days. Some day I hope to have a "Ready-for-prime-time-viewing" unit. Right now it's still cardboard box, rubber bands, and tape. No, I don't have any hot glue. Well, it's back through the looking glass, and down the rabbit hole.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Guru

Crawled out of the rabbit hole for a little sunshine. Been watching the GOES Magnetometer this morning. While this is not actually related to the earth's field, it does give an indication that something might happen. And it did. Just got a shock wave hit here. Not too big but it hit and caused some disturbance. Well, going back down.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Guru

Well, no great earthquake or sonic blast today, just some minor buffeting of the magnetic field. Still going on last I checked but little effect on locating conditions.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Guru

The earth's field is still bouncing around this morning, a bit stronger than yesterday. Haven't tried any locating yet so I don't know if it is strong enough to affect things.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Guru

Back out of the rabbit hole for a quick breath of fresh air. I got out the L-rods and it occurred to me how much my stress level has gone down since I quit the rods and have been using the electronic receiver. Those rods really are the MITAS (Medieval Implements of Torture And Superstition) and PITA (I think you know that one). Well, back through the looking glass I go.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Guru

Well, I'm actually trying to get a nice housing for the receiver antenna. i have one that works but I'm trying to make it whiner proof. BTW, this is worst part of the project for me. That's why I said I wish I had an investor so I could hire out the cosmetics part. Anybody got a spare hundred grand?
Old 04-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Guru

Oh please, somebody help me! My obsession is out of control...again! (expletive deleted). I must be part masochist because I do enjoy it at least at the start. But then I get into the muck too deep then I start regretting I ever got involved. So far this one is okay but all the flip-flopping I get really self-conscious about and it really feels like I am being pulled apart in all directions. Like I'd be better off if I had never even mentioned this project.

Anyway, I am working on the housing for the receiver antenna and that's when my troubles started, kinda like a fire getting out of control. But hopefully I will have it contained before the day is done. In the mean time...HELP!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Guru

Probably you need demagnetizer.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:05 AM
Guru

Interference maker.

Was hoping for completion today but "Nothing is ever as easy as it first appears." Try more ideas tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Guru

For all you sadistic types, things are miserable for my project. So I hope that makes you feel better. It gave me a headache THIS BIG! And the solar magnetic activity the last couple of days has made it impossible to be doing any type of experimenting. Any results are suspect one way or the other, good or bad. I damaged the receiver antenna and for some crazy reason I opened up the can of worms and started TRYING to experiment on a different one. Even with the bad conditions I found I like the litz wire better than the magnet wire I have been using for the past couple of months. So I plan to re-wire my main squeeze and see what happens. That stuff costs about ten times more than it's worth--kinda like all the LRL stuff. BTW, I noticed today the solar magnetic activity is not as sharp or strong but it is more steady with longer periods.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Guru

i think it was basketball great Michael Jordan who said "I succeed because I fail." meaning you can learn a lot from your failures. Well, I should be a f'ing genius by now. The catch is you gotta LEARN something when you fail. So I am trying to learn but I'm slow. Of course you have to realize you failed in the first place, and that doesn't happen all that often in the LRL world. My latest epiphany is that the antenna works a lot better when it is not housed. So now I build my new contraption--"a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to my door." Do I really appear to be crazy? Most crazy people think they are sane.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Guru

It's always darkest just before dawn. And, Ask and ye shall receive; Seek and ye shall find; Knock and it shall be opened unto you. All true words on this glorious day. I have some thanking to do on this one.

Oh man, I feel like I just got the monkey off of my back. I got the receiver antenna just about where I want it. Just need to re-route the wires slightly. Life is good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27M6OvbGUkg
Old 04-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Guru

Quote:

I got the receiver antenna just about where I want it. Just need to re-route the wires slightly. Life is good!
Congratulations.
Can you provide something like block schema, to get more idea what you are trying to construct?