LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 05-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Guru

Probably have better chance if you post your request on one of Estaban's threads
Old 05-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Guru

Thank you Mike
Old 05-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Guru

I am hoping some day I can move this project out of the 1900's. I guess I need to start with myself.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Guru

been about a year and a half since I posted here on this thread. Worked on many different ideas and mostly shelved all of them. So I'm back to nearly the first version because it gives a stronger signal and more stable and less hassle for me. Health and mental issues have taken their toll on me and finances are even worse. LOL I was hoping to have an investor but even that just disappeared into thin air. Never heard from the guy again. He's probably making more money than he needs right now. that's okay. Pretty much decided not to worry about any commercial venture. If it happens, it happens. I really got stressed out and burnt out over the whole thing. I was working on it earlier this year, tried out some ideas and decided too much other worries in my life to add any more. But some day when I get time and money i will go back and redo a couple of the ideas but i'm not going to force things. And I haven't even been out hunting with it since I can't remember when. ANd with my situation it's not going to be real soon. And the weather has been crazy around here. Cold with highs in the forty's and even thirty's some days with more snow predicted. Great! And my hunting partner has gone more mental than me. He went crazy over the political scene. Can't deal with that right now. So don't feel like going hunting alone. All a rough situation but someday I'll get it all together. I hope.

I'm still trying to get new insights. Sometimes i get these bursts of Wile E. Coyote ideas. Had one last night. Watch out, Roadrunner!!! My brain is so slow I think glaciers move faster and are warmer. As I say, I can spend years at the school of hard knocks before I wave the white flag. But not yet.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:47 AM
Guru

Here is a short video clip of the Contraption on some silver. I put the ropes down so you can better see the line to the target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0FIE0mGg7k
Old 04-06-2020, 06:23 AM
Guru

Thanks Mike, very good work!!

Old 04-06-2020, 06:49 AM
Guru

Nice idea - those ropes line. One could use laser pointer too.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:41 PM
Guru

Very good Test , Congratulation Mike , method may be works with Trasnmit Resonant Freq. for Silver X,x Khz , and Receiver Box in same Frequency .
Old 04-06-2020, 01:32 PM
Guru

Thanks to all.

It doesn't alway lock-on to the target. The further the distance the less reliability and the longer it takes to lock-on.

I've messed with a laser pointer and it's not that easy. Something causes the signal to get disrupted and off line. At least when the laser is near the receiver antenna.

The receiver is wide band so it can be used for various frequencies. Same with the transmitter. It reaches a point where the signal weakens, but it works okay for most all frequencies.

The video was not easy to make and was a compromise just for the video sake. I can get the signal angle narrowed down quite a bit more-- so there is only three or four clicks when on the target.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:40 PM
Guru

What I am trying to say is the transmitter can accept a fairly wide range of input frequencies. Like 100Hz to 25KHz.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:19 AM
Guru

Ok Mike, Transmitter send from 100Hz to 25Khz Square or Sinuoidal wave in search mode continious , also Receiver is in Wide band from 100Hz to 25Khz . This is good Idea ,
but also You can Test with send up to 1 minute with High Power and Off Tx ,
after you can search backup Receive signal from buried (this test is for only buried).
Old 04-07-2020, 02:12 PM
Guru

I don't have any large mass long-time buried to test that. I think I know what you are saying--toggle the transmitter and see if signal can be achieved passively. I don't know if it will work that way. If you recall the later version Gold Gun needed it's own transmitter. Same here. I know the inventor later designed a high power receiver AGR that did not require a transmitter--it used the power from a local AM radio station. That might work but we have only low power AM radio round here--5KW. I think you need 50KW.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:13 PM
Guru

AGR stands for Advanced Geophysical Receiver. Accurate Locators (out of business since the owner died) sold them for like $10,000. They were for large mineral deposits/lodes and only had about 100 feet (30M) range. Somewhere I have some info on it. I'll look for it.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:35 PM
Guru

I hope nobody gets the wrong idea here. The Contraption is not perfect by any means. What the video showed is true--no tricks or gimmicks. But the signal doesn't always lock-on to the target. I've been out with it only a few times in the field (city parks) and it wasn't any miracle. I keep working on it.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:01 PM
Guru

It's pushing two years since I last posted on this thread. I've been suffering brain fog, still have it but back on the low-carb diet and it seems to be helping me think a little bit clearer. I made a "discovery" this morning--had the receiver set too sensitive. Something that simple had me so messed up picking up stray signals. This past year I was about to give up on the whole project, didn't even touch it for months. I don't have any markings on the dials so I just assumed it was okay---wrong!!!! It's below zero outside so I'll have to wait until late tomorrow maybe, but indoors it's working pretty good.

Found out some other stuff, but will have to experiment with it. Changed frequencies, too. Still might try to get the magnetometer going. But I'll wait until I am bored to death with the Winter weather. So I got my enthusiasm back!
Old 12-26-2023, 12:55 PM
Guru

A little catch-up here. Had some problems with the Contraption a while back.Wasn't locking on the target and I assumed it was due to solar magnetic interference. Then the Tx just quit working. I went through all the connections, etc. trying to trace down the problem. It was a power amplifier that went bad. I should have put a heat sink on it but it lasted several years. In the process I found one channel on the frequency generator had erratic voltage, bouncing all over the place but mostly millivolts so I replace the the unit. In my search I found a freneator that looked very similar to what I had. It was a rife machine and the guy has designed his own waveform. Think hje called it the H-bomb square wave. NOt making any claims about it but because I haven't had it out in the field yet.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:47 PM
Guru

I seem to be making some progress with the Contraption. I adjusted a high pass filter on the receiver so it detects lower frequencies better. Also I have been working with different frequencies. I was reading an old manual said higher frequencies discriminate faster. To me that means during times when interference is off and on, the target locks on easier. Pinpointing is not perfect, maybe just need to fine tune the frequency a bit, I don't know. But one main thing I did was change the wave form to triangle. I was reading some info at gdi-detectors.com about how they measure the ground resistance and decide which waveform to use. Normally this area is very dry ground but melting snow now and it does affect things. Even though we are very near solar maximum, for the most part it has not had much effect on my testing. Locating conditions have been good lately. Just to repeat, wet, mineralized ground does not like the square wave. The signal does not lock-on very well. I read somewhere square wave is strongest, sine wave is 1/2 strength, triangle wave is 1/3 strength. Before I retuned the high pass filter the triangle wave was very weak signal, now it is quite a bit better.

On another note, reading the LRL reports page on geotech1.com Dell Winders used a magnet inside his Weight Chek belt receiver for the L-rods. Said something like it smooths out the signal. To “smooth distortions of the magnetic field, providing more definable responses from the receiver rods.” So easy enough to try this on whatever device you are using. I know when I walk through the test target area my body field acts like a degausser so I suspect the magnet does the same thing. I've seen map dowsers wipe down the map with a large magnet before dowsing.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:14 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
AGR stands for Advanced Geophysical Receiver. Accurate Locators (out of business since the owner died) sold them for like $10,000. They were for large mineral deposits/lodes and only had about 100 feet (30M) range. Somewhere I have some info on it. I'll look for it.
Hello Mike. Did you look it for????

Old 03-01-2024, 04:47 PM
Guru

I found it a while back but my printer was running out of ink so most pages are illegible. Basically you take the AM radio station in kHz and multiply by the frequency factor. The answer is in kHz and this is what you tune the receiver to. AS I recall fist-sized targets and larger from maximum 100 meters. He said it was a super-het receiver. Also said if you don't have a good AM station you can use the naval VLF station and tune directly to that frequency. He gives no details on receiver construction.